3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Ashley33 24.05.22 10:59 pm

Opinion about the game. (Salt and Sacrifice)

Colleague's subject. It has been 6 days since it came out, and many have been waiting for it, but there has been no discussion. This is not such a turkey to ignore, the first part was a mega-masterpiece.
But what about the second one? IMHO - some kind of failure ... in all respects. We tried the best, but it turned out - how it happened. It seems that the scheme is simple - take the good and do better. Well, it turned out to be the other way around. The game lost its surroundings, the first one was atmospheric, like Souls, dull music, eternal fog, faded colors, rare NPCs doomedly whine about the futility of everything that exists - and so on. Plus, I was personally delivered by the general theme of drowning, shipwrecks, when everything on the island is like one mob - victims of shipwrecks (well, closer to the final - also salt experiments, but this is if you climb into the lore). In general - the atmosphere taxied.
And in this part, everything is somehow wrong. There is no atmosphere as such. Levels (and here the teleport system makes them exactly "levels" - there is no feeling of moving forward, you just seem to launch yourself into a level that has an "end" - the last wall, beyond which you will not pass, because further the level is not drawn and you need to do TP in the hub) are not related to each other. If in the first it was played up, then here it's just like biomes. Running around them eventually comes down to a stupid farm of mage bosses that don’t fit into the plot in any way, they just exist, and the GG “should” take them down. And the fact that the bosses just randomly spawn according to the level, moreover, haphazardly, often just two at the same point at once, and the fact that killing these bosses is exactly the same (found, beat, caught up, beat, caught up, beat, caught up , killed completely - repeat until you buy all his clothes), and the fight with "different" bosses is the same (minions, two or three castes, a sword strike), only the external sprite is different - literally kills all the interest. The game looks raw, like it's a beta. I did not go through it to the end, played 10 hours, probably killed a dozen elemental magicians, several passing bosses. I realized that if you didn’t pull away from the first part, then on the third day you already had to force yourself to play. Running around two locations (I have two so far - a forest and a desert) in a circle a hundred times, the same five mobs, the same ten magicians, you can’t see any progress in the plot at all - well, that’s it ... only the external sprite differs - literally kills all interest. The game looks raw, like it's a beta. I did not go through it to the end, played 10 hours, probably killed a dozen elemental magicians, several passing bosses. I realized that if you didn’t pull away from the first part, then on the third day you already had to force yourself to play. Running around two locations (I have two so far - a forest and a desert) in a circle a hundred times, the same five mobs, the same ten magicians, you can’t see any progress in the plot at all - well, that’s it ... only the external sprite differs - literally kills all interest. The game looks raw, like it's a beta. I did not go through it to the end, played 10 hours, probably killed a dozen elemental magicians, several passing bosses. I realized that if you didn’t pull away from the first part, then on the third day you already had to force yourself to play. Running around two locations (I have two so far - a forest and a desert) in a circle a hundred times, the same five mobs, the same ten magicians, you can’t see any progress in the plot at all - well, that’s it ...
Well, I don’t know in general, so far the general impression is rather negative. No, I'll pass of course, but my hands are more and more reaching out to replay the first part for the tenth time, turn on two or three difficulty modifiers - and run for fun. What do other players think (who are there at all)?
27 Comments
Sort by:
s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33, I literally went through the game today, played it for 25 hours and partly agree with you. The game didn't work out well for me. I passed it and did not survive before the final boss, in short, the game + opened. Of course, the gear has been preserved, but you need to go through it all over again, if you missed something somewhere. My advice is to save the game separately so that you can finish something later.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

smr2971977
I have a question as to a person who has passed to the end - why is there money in the game? Some kind of game, you lose half at death, how to save up really doesn’t work out - there’s nothing to save for, nothing is sold from the traders, I buy lumps of salt for everything, just so that the money doesn’t disappear. And the second question - what is really needed in the end so much these "silver" and "ore"? It's just that they drop in such insane amounts, just hundreds - and are not needed at all in the first 15 hours of the game. At the end trample? Will some kind of crafting start or something like that? where do I put 500+ pieces of silver?

P
Patrick Star Online 24.05.22

Ashley33 I agree
with many things. Played 5 hours so far. The last one was much better. Another dubious thing for me:
- the need to pick bushes / dig ore. As for me - to delay the process.
- Big hub. Despite the fact that you have to run several times on the same boss, and it’s not a fact that every time he will appear before the teleport for half a minute to run.
- Online is not completely disabled by means of the game. Even if you disable it in the options and the menu says offline, the entire floor is filthy with "brilliant" messages in bottles. Be sure to find one at the entrance to the portal and at the statue to increase levels.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

Patrick Star Online
Agree with all points. Why bushes? All the same, near each "fire" there is a bush, from which 3 berries fall - I probably have 700 berries in my chest, and I just opened the third loca, I didn’t even look at it. Why ore - I did not understand at all. But I probably collected a thousand)
Hub - why is it really, and even in such a size? TP to the city - and run for half an hour - to forge to the right, sway a little, check if you got herbs for a new can, then to the teleport ... Game. Here is this game - preserved - you will boot anyway in the hub ... How is it at all? You play for half an hour, well, I need to leave the game - no, either finish off the next sprite of the magician, or you will catch him again. Well, about the fact that these sprites are the same, they differ only in the appearance and appearance of the minions - I have already said.
Messages. Why are they at all? There are no hidden walls or mimics in chests in this game (well, I didn't see any in my 20 hours) to write letters about it. The only time a letter was useful to me was when I read "akhtung, ahead of the boss" before the horse. But these letters against the background of a teleport or save - well, that's it ... PS I just wrote - and found the first mimic in the cave) And not a single message with a warning next to it)

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33
Money is needed when buying clothes from merchants, they appear in the process, but they are so-so. Why so much silver is an open question. Well, salt is needed for crafting, a skill tree.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

Well, salt is understandable) I figured out the ore - you can craft arrows on the go. True nafig is not necessary IMHO. I met three merchants - they sell rubbish, and even for a penny.
In general, I have already reached such a stage (55 lvl) when I destroy any pita into the easy one. And according to the plot, the beginning of 3 locations.

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

In short guys! Beat the game, go through the secret area and you can spend silver. But this is if you want to complete the game 100% of course.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

smr2971977
and how to get through it? There the whole game is about teleport / kill the magician / teleport to the city. To pass - this means not taking quests for magicians - just going forward, but quests are needed to open doors? And how to understand - how many percent you have passed - the statistics are not visible.

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33 To pass it means to kill all magicians, not including repetitions. In short, find all the places where they exist (these places you see). Once you kill all the mages, open all the doors. Behind the grandmother, who sits in the east, the door will open....... Once you find the secret loca, you will understand that you are the best!!! I must say right away, although I repeat myself, make a copy of the safe file, it lies on my PC-disk C-user (...) -documents-salt and sacrifice-savedata before the last boss to finish something. He will be in the citadel! Good luck to all!!!
PS. I have already completed NG+ (more interesting)

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

A couple of questions - how to understand that the boss is the last one? What would be done before him back up? How to find a secret loca (if not a spoiler of course)? At the top of a hollow tree, they gave me some hieroglyphs for a new teleport, but a couple were closed with questions. What is a grandmother? The herbalist with whom you start the game? How to understand that somewhere else the magicians have not finished off? I can’t remember where the closed doors were, the locations are confusing, there is no map, I remember seeing doors somewhere - but I don’t remember where ... And finally - why is NG+ more interesting than NG? Everything has already been pumped in, the hero has been pumped ... Or is something new appearing?

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33 Answer
; 1) 5 locks in the center of the map you will chat with two old women, this will be your sign for back-up. 2) Regarding the secret location, in the 5th location, be more attentive to the runes (if you have any questions, I can write in a personal). 3) Go to the city where the portal is and talk to the girl. 4) Grandmother in green in the eastern part, the door is still closed there (above). 5) there is no way to understand, you need to explore all the locations, there is no other way. That's the point of metroidvania. And finally, I agree with you that the hero is pumped, but even the mobs get it so that mom doesn’t cry. And so I went for fun, I went. I will say one thing: the game is not so much worse than salt and sanctuary, it is just different. She is good in her own way. I think it is more hardcore than the first part, but this is my subjective opinion.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

I understood almost everything) I’ll understand the rest along the way) Thank you)
Why is there money in the game?

S
Senidrion 24.05.22

the true name of the game is Salt and Shit - eat the players.

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33
You mean silver to buy more arrows, but also why you will understand yourself at the end of the game if you go through the whole one. Good luck!

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

smr2971977
no, I mean coins. Which do not need to be looted, which actually fall in the form of coins from all mobs. And which are lost in half at death. There are three or three hucksters in the camp - and no one needs money - they sell some sort of stuff. I buy bags of silver "for everything" from one of them - so that they do not disappear at death.

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33
Well, sort of, I didn't really bother with them.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

Still a couple of questions to catch up) - why do NPCs in the hub? Well, except for the blacksmith and the warper? One jar cooks from new ingredients, one amulets shamanizes, but why a stall, a deer, a cat with horns? The grandmother in the hat with which you start the game, the paladin in the center?
Why the second warp - the one in the cave? Works the same as the main one.

A
Ashley33 24.05.22

Here I’ll throw indignation on the valve (What the hell are such dead mechanics in this part? For example, why the hell do mobs have endless stamina? They stupidly stand and beat, stand and beat - just without stopping. gritblade lvl 5 - and does not fall into a stagger (well, it sort of recoils and freezes) from the fact that I break through his stamina.
Why the hell can't mobs be interrupted? Again, this is not about a knife - but about a gritblade - the mob, as it loaded its crossbow (for example), continues to slowly pull the bowstring - while I play it with strong blows of a two-handed class 5. But GG - just a song - dressed in everything heavy - 4th grade, chiseled. And the mob hits, some goat in the mountains - a blow - GG flies one and a half screens back - not only does it fly - it also bounces on the ground like a ball. Let this bouncing do not remove anything - it’s enough that I already flew off to hell somewhere - it’s so insulting - I have a ton of steel on me - and the difference between heavy and light does not give anything except the def numbers. In the first part of the GG, at least he started to run faster and jump further when he was "naked". And there's nothing....
And in pursuit - what the hell is with the fall? So the ram threw me away, I flew off the devil where, there is a cliff, I fell eight floors down - and my corpse (remains of salt) is not where I fell from (as in the first part) - but there - WHERE I fell. And it doesn’t matter that I can’t even get there at all because the doors are closed there. Well, game. After all, the first one was so licked, but here - how much I play - the feeling that this is a beta, not a release (

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33
I agree with you. I have the same questions.

s
smr2971977 24.05.22

Ashley33
And I'm telling you, mobs are tough. )))))) they generally get in ng +. Goats are a whole other issue. I don't think she's well thought out. Not modified.