3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dunakov 30.05.22 11:57 pm

Will 1080p games look ok on a 2-4k monitor?

I'm trying to google, but there are 100500 opinions in Google and there is no constructive anywhere.

I want to buy a 2-4k 27-inch monitor to work, but games will run there sometimes. And 2-4k is violence for the current iron. I had a hospital on the RTX 3070 and it didn’t export 2k everywhere, I’m already silent about 4k. In cyberpunk, you had to turn off the beams to get 60 fps on 2k. And this is in conjunction with the i7-10700k + 32 GB of memory at 4 GHz.

Therefore, in games I want to put folk 1080p. I tested the games on a native 27" monitor at 1080p and they play great there. The picture is normal. But the question is - if you buy a 2-4k 27-ku monitor and put 1080p there, will it be as clear as on a 1080p monitor or will it go into miserable soap? Has anyone had a similar experience?
27 Comments
Sort by:
s
satanicgod 30.05.22

X_ray_83
just wanted to test your theory. lowered in the game to fullhd. I went into the nvdia panel, but what degree?

01001000 01101001 30.05.22

satanicgod wrote:
I answered the author of the post MunchkiN 616 about icons.
OK, very well. Guilty.

d
dunakov 02.06.22

I found 27-ku 2k from a friend. I'm going to put 1080 there in games and check. If there is direct soap soap, I'll take 27-ku 1080. I'm sitting far from the monitor. 70-80 cm minimum, so 81 PPI is unlikely to see. This is in front of the poppy I sit close. But there sorry for the 16-inch 3500x2200 screen.

I need a monik both to work with a poppy and to run games on it. While I will run games from a poppy, closer to August I will take a laptop for 3070/3070 ti not neutered. But they will play even at 3070 to 1080 because it does not export all games at 60 fps in 2k (Rdr2 41 fps drops, drops cyberbug) Better already 1080

M
MunchkiN 616 02.06.22

satanicgod
not in all programs the scaling will be correctly stretched under the interface (I have not encountered it, but I suspect that this is the case). secondly, the workspace will become larger, which means everything in it that is tied to its coordinates will become a multiple smaller. in some programs, for example, in blender 3d, you can adjust the thickness of the lines and the size of the points and other interfaces, but I don’t want to do this yet.
1080-2k seems to me to be sufficient for the time being, either you will have to put the monitor closer or take a bent pose of a serf. but for 4k games it seems normal to me, but even if it doesn’t pull, I don’t see critical problems with resetting the resolution with saving the macrograph in the form of shadows and reflections and traaavooon.

Kartonkratos
For 2K or 4K, lower the resolutions not in the game, but on the desktop! through the nvidia control panel, so that it becomes the original one and then there will be no soap in the games, I speak from my own experience! I have a full hd monitor in games, the picture on it is clear
, in theory nothing should change. because the driver automatically detects the resolution and it has a list of those resolutions. in full screen mode and not in scaled image mode as in some games, the driver simply starts accelerating the application with some selected resolution available. there already settings of a desktop should not influence in any way. if somehow there is a difference, then it is something strange or there is some kind of adaptive anti-aliasing in the drivers.

1_AID 02.06.22

X_ray_83
it's called QuadHD

T
Thief Pirate 02.06.22

Only one blogger was able to explain why soap is obtained on a 4k monitor.
The game gives out 1000 pixels, and in the monitor there are 3000 of them, so 2000 pixels remain unused and the monitor does not understand what to do with them, how to smooth out this emptiness. The numbers are taken as an example.
. And yes, the video looks normal, it's only in games that this is a problem.
And he also said that the under-ice version of Windows seems to be coping poorly with this problem.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.06.22

Thief Piratych
purely mathematically 4k is 4 1080p matrices. Those there pixel, roughly speaking, should occupy 4 pixels those integers. and there should be no soap, and in other cases when not a whole number of pixels enters - yes, the picture will be mathematically adjusted to the projection of the pixels onto the matrix. but there most likely just works one of the ways to interpolarize an image from one size to another. you can just try to take and resize an image with clear pixels using different algorithms and different ones will have different soaps, and where there is no one bicubic or bilinear, there will be squares like wolfstein 3d.