3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22 11:57 pm

Game launches but won't open (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

To everyone reading this post, good afternoon. Faced after a recent update with such a problem: the game through Steam starts, but does not open. When I try to start the game again, Steam says that "the game is already running." Solving the problem by reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++++ libraries did not give any results. Trying to force quit the game through the task manager and trying to go through the files also did not give a tangible result. If anyone has had this problem and managed to solve it, please share!!

21 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN Run
before?

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN Verify
integrity of game files via steam!

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
Hello, thank you for your reply! As for the integrity of the files, I already checked, nothing has changed. I thought the problem was in the drivers for the video card, but here it is by.

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN
Did not try to open in the process of tasks after starting the game?

L
Loken 30.05.22

TheNeptuN
Try the solution from this thread, penultimate post https://forums.playground.ru/dying_light_2/tech/vyletaet_posle_obnovleniya_1_3_0-1012307/

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
That's right! The game is running there and you can even forcibly end the process))) But still nothing changes

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Loken
Good day, I read this article, but to no avail (

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN
Characteristics of the PC, and what version of windows?

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
I5 6400 + 1060
Windows 7
I don't know what the developers did there, because the game was bought at the release and it started perfectly. After the update (somewhere in February yet), it no longer started

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN
Well, windows 7 is doubtful in our time, but if it was launched, it means that after the update it set dx12 in the parameters, and for this it probably does not start, since windows 7 does not fully support dx12 only at the basic level!

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

TheNeptuN
In short, in steam, right-click on the game, find properties, then general and there will be a launch options line, enter -dx11 or -d3d11 try this and that!

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
Alas and ah! as they say .... the miracle did not happen (

T
TheNeptuN 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
Maybe because of Windows the game stopped running?

L
Loken 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
TheNeptuN
As far as directix is ​​concerned, it's a good idea.
Try this.
Find the file "video.scr" in the directory "drive C - users - your nickname - documents - dying light 2 - out - settings".
Rename it to video.txt. Open it with a text editor and see what you have in brackets next to "RendererMode".
Spoiler In your case, it should say "RendererMode("d3d11")".
Do not forget to rename the file back to "video.scr".
If everything is already spelled out as it should, then already xs, wait for the updates, they can fix it. Or try to install win10.

K
Kartonkratos 30.05.22

Loken
That's where it is! otherwise I also wanted to offer him to change dx through the config file, but I didn’t understand in which file!

L
Loken 30.05.22

Kartonkratos
I disabled myltso through this file earlier (all anti-aliasing parameters are set to 0).

T
TheNeptuN 02.06.22

Loken
Thank you so much!!! Everything turned out, it was "d3d12", changed to 11 and everything started successfully!

K
Kartonkratos 02.06.22

TheNeptuN
So I was right about dx!

T
TheNeptuN 02.06.22

Thank you very much Kartonkratos
!!! It really worked

P
Pavel Rally 20.01.23

Haruka
Uncheck hide extensions in explorer options.