3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Erysipelas 31.05.22 12:27 am

Tavern \"Under the Shaggy Bear\" v.13 (The Witcher)

Tavern "Under the Shaggy Bear" v.12
56 Comments
Sort by:
S
Squerke 31.05.22

Wow, the happiest...

W
Wit-c-her 31.05.22

tuk tuk hello everyone

p
pres777 31.05.22

Under the shaggy bear - is this a perversion? :)))

D
Daryl 31.05.22

This name is.

m
mr_deck 31.05.22

Hello everyone (I'm original) :)

M
Meariku 31.05.22

greetings to all)
I didn’t find a separate topic for creativity, so I’ll post it in the tavern:
PlayGround.ru

m
mr_deck 31.05.22

IMHO I drew it well

W
Wit-c-her 31.05.22

not a bad cortina, well drawn)))

H
Hlelia 31.05.22

http://krsk.kp.ru/daily/forumcontest/photo/58840
Vote )) it is necessary to improve relations between Redania and Russia! )))

M
Metal Boss 0xE 31.05.22

13th version? Really?? And where is the Hundred tichka?

H
Hundred tichka 31.05.22

I'm here . Damn, I wasn't invited to the grand opening. probably that's why he was not there ... Otherwise, such a bukhalov would have gone. Anyway. Since no one has done it. Congrats on the new release!!! I was just not too lazy to find out the password from the account, so I went

L
Lunx 31.05.22

pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru

L
Lunx 31.05.22

Medieval table

There were no tables to which we are accustomed to now, namely tabletops with four legs, in the Middle Ages. Tables were built when they were needed, and after feasts they were also easily dismantled, because usually they consisted of two wooden stumps or stands, on which a wooden board was placed.
Therefore, in the Middle Ages, they didn’t remove the floor - they cleaned the table ...

Cutlery and utensils
pix.playground.ru
Fork and plate for individual use in the Middle Ages were certainly known, but they were used only in exceptional cases. The commoners had wooden utensils, the upper strata of society could afford silver ones, and yet, for the most part, everyone ate from common dishes.
It was quite an ordinary thing to use stale bread instead of a plate, it slowly absorbed it, did not let it stain the table, and besides, it was also used as food at the end of the meal.
Sauces in those days were also very popular, but they looked very different from what we are used to today. They were so thick that they could be cut with a knife, so there was no need for expensive gravy boats on the table, but it is quite possible to imagine a piece of sauce lying on a stale bread stand.
The fork has long been a "victim" of prejudice. For Christians, its shape resembled a devilish creation, and its Byzantine origin added even more suspicion.
Only in the Baroque era, fierce disputes began about the merits and demerits of the fork, but at first it was still used exclusively as an appliance for meat. And the fork became widespread in Europe only by the 16th century, replacing the sharp awl, on which meat had previously been pierced.
Spoons began to be used much earlier, it is known that its first prototypes appeared as early as 3000 BC. Throughout its long history, it has changed its appearance many times. For example, it is known that in Mesopotamia they were sculpted from clay, in many excavations they find spoons carved from horns or animal bones, there were also specimens from fish bones and wood. The first silver spoons were made in Russia in 988 by order of Prince Vladimir the Red Sun for his squad. They were short-handled and held in a fist.
In Europe, in the families of commoners, most often there was only one spoon in the house, which was passed around.
Before the widespread use of the fork at the table, knives with a sharp end were used to make it more convenient to chop meat, but when the fork began to perform this function, knives began to be made with a rounded end.
In addition, other dishes could be seen on the tables - salt shakers, rock crystal glasses, drinking vessels, which were also not individual, they had to be shared with neighbors.

O
OlegPP3 31.05.22

I haven't been in this thread for a very long time...
And then I decided to go to unsubscribe, about the fact that,
once again, I decided to return to the virtual world of the magnificent game - The Witcher.
But this time with patches and other goodies. Hope the game gets even better. )
And besides, before the second part, one should remember the first one. =)

M
Maximilliano 31.05.22

Hi all! ) I returned it =)

A
Andron Kondratenko 31.05.22

OOOOOOO!!!!Curly bear =))) Good vernktsya)))

H
Hundred tichka 31.05.22

Lunx

Yeah, definitely interesting! No wonder I came here.

M
Most most 31.05.22

Let Santa Claus
pour wine into your glasses on New Year's Eve,
So that the songs are more fun,
And the night is more beautiful and brighter.
On New Year's Eve with love
We send you greetings!
We wish you happiness and health,
And new joyful victories!

M
MgVolkolak 31.05.22

Best, happy new year!

r
rock maniac 31.05.22

Happy New))