3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
____Andrew____ 30.06.22 09:14 pm

How long will Rome last? (Total War: Rome)

we all know that Rome is a great thing. But today's gamers prefer more ''advanced games'' to it, so how long will you give Rome before it's forgotten?
91 Comments
Sort by:
o
oleg RTW 30.06.22

after the release of RTV 2, 5-7 years will pass
. And it also depends on RTV 2 itself, if it wakes up much cooler than RTV, then it will distract everyone

_
____Andrew____ 30.06.22

I hope the new Rome isn't commercial shit

o
oleg RTW 30.06.22

____Andrey____
how to know lately, developers are only hunting for big money
No to organize an analytical department and interview players - what and how to implement in the game

_
____Andrew____ 30.06.22

oleg RTW
yeah, right now, after the medieval 2 series has changed, as you know they are not in poverty now, graphics, textures, effects come to the fore, and only then the atmosphere and perception of the game by the players, part 1 does not shine with graphics, but it still lives in our hearts!

o
oleg RTW 30.06.22

____Andrey____
Part 1 does not shine with graphics

Yes, nowadays the graphics are bad - but in 2005, when all the fans of Rome saw this game, it was mega cool and the graphics also
I really liked it myself, but then I didn’t have a computer

_
____Andrew____ 30.06.22

I think RIM is the best in the series

o
oleg RTW 30.06.22

I support you colleague
I was only drawn to RIM, although I played almost everything from the series

_
____Andrew____ 30.06.22

yes, colleague, you are right, as always
, neither a katana, nor a sword, nor a musket - nothing is equal to a gladius

c
cataphract_an 30.06.22

like all cult things, he will live for a long time. and at the expense of the last games "Shogun 2" I liked it.

D
Dgosser 30.06.22

I support everyone Rome is the best.

And according to the subject, everything of course depends on the second part, if it also differs from the first one, like the medivals. The first one will soon be forgotten, but if it's just a remake, in order to hit the jackpot with the fans, then ... it all depends on players like the participants in this forum.

However, for me, the first Rome will still remain an epoch of life, and no matter what the second one turns out to be, I will not forget about the old man.

And it's a sin to complain about our developers. Yes, they had jumps a la add-on Alexander to Rome, DLS to the empire.
But they try to make every new game 5+. There is simply one truth from which you cannot turn away - Rome is magnificent in diversity. Agree, except for Rome, in no other game in the series there is such a cardinal difference between opponents: Rome, Greeks, barbarians, Parthians between all the absolute difference in tactics and strategy.
And what prevented you from making the same variety in other games - the actual historical framework.
In Europe of the 17th century, the armies really became standardized, the differences were in national mentalities and, consequently, the level of training of certain units, and this is displayed in the game.
I’m generally silent about the shogun, there is one country there.
Otherwise, each new game is better than the previous one and performed at a high level.

S
Smoki_mo 30.06.22

Rome forever. I still drive from time to time, but the stupid AI on the company map (and in battle) extinguishes interest in the game.

If in RTV 2 the behavior of the computer on the company map was normally worked out, I would turn a blind eye to the wretchedness of the battle, nevertheless, in battle, not everything is decided by the commander's hand. And then there is no interest, he took the city - he retrained. He defeated the army - he left for retraining ... sadly. Realism has given a second wind to interest in the game, but not for long. All the same, the stupid behavior of the computer on the map is striking ... But still it
became more interesting to play

PS OMG Invalid characters were found in the body of the message:

C
Celt 30.06.22

It is difficult to imagine a game that will outdo Rome in terms of quality and atmosphere. Therefore, he will always be with us)

S
ShamomahS 30.06.22

If Rome 2 is about the same as Shogun 2, then Rome will not be forgotten =)

C
Celt 30.06.22

I think - if Rome 2 will be in principle - then this is already a nod to part 1 - the pearl of the entire series)

Ilnar - by the way, we are waiting for work on the Shogun;) But, more on that - a little later)

S
ShamomahS 30.06.22

To Celt
You give me a hint so that I can at least mentally prepare =))

C
Celt 30.06.22

It will be fun. after all, we have faq on Shogun 2 =) As supreme samurai, they are obliged to fulfill their duty to the end xD

S
ShamomahS 30.06.22

To Celt
Well, then I thought right =)

S
ShamomahS 30.06.22

To Celt
FAQ should have been done a long time ago ... isn't it too late?

C
Celt 30.06.22

No, because now we know the answers to all our questions) (Except - why the game crashes in the company of xDD)

S
ShamomahS 30.06.22

To Celt
I already knew a lot =))