3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
geoph 08.07.22 11:27 pm

Installation problem! Font - krakozyably! (freelancer)

Can't install Freelancer. The setup dialogue is all in gibberish, nothing is clear.
If you still put it at random, then the game menu and the rest of the text are in squares.
I bet on XP Professional. I used to put it on xp (on another true computer) - everything worked.
What could be the problem? Tell me plz. Maybe there is no font or something is configured crookedly?
41 Comments
Sort by:
W
WWB_777 08.07.22

Geoph wrote:
"Maybe there is no font or is something crooked?"
answer:
wow...

g
geoph 08.07.22

That's what I think. But what exactly? :-)

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

and mulberries are not telepathic people (there can be many reasons, but you only have a consequence by the way) :) did you install an XML parser? And in general, mulberries were written about it, the search rules;) if you can’t find it here, then look on EG .. .although it should be here... You can find fonts there too ;)

g
geoph 08.07.22

Yes, there is no need to be a telepath. If someone had such a problem and solved it - here is a potential answer to the question.
Search, alas, does not steer. I have reviewed and re-read. It was about fonts, but from a different opera.
EG also looked, the same problems with fonts are discussed, but not mine. I even tried to use the found tips - it doesn’t roll

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

well so and???

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

you can wait for such a respondent all your life and never wait :) and
the search always drives me like that, with a disk from 7 wolf like ... but I don’t remember how I cured it. It was a long time ago ... reinstalling either Windows or Freel, something like that ... or maybe not so))) reinstall the fril (after removing the riistr, clean it)! direct look (put the parser before installing the fril)

t
tmpname 08.07.22

We didn't expect that the defendant would appear so quickly!)))
It happened to me too... probably... ...it happened. We do this:
In the folder "here you have a game"-> DATA-> FONTS there is rich_fonts.ini, decode it Bini, for example.
Then you can already replace ...
At the beginning of the file there is this:

[TrueType]
font = 0, Arial, 22
font = 1, Arial, 30
font = 2, Arial, 26
font = 3, Arial, 38
font = 4, Arial , 100
font = 5, Arial, 24
font = 6, Arial, 34
font = 7, Arial, 22

...and now we replace all "Arial" with, well... with "Tahoma" (without quotes, of course!) .

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

to breLOCK
Geoph wrote:
"I can't install Freelancer. The setup dialog is all in gibberish, I don't understand anything."
here it was about exactly this, actually;)
Geoph wrote:
"EG also looked, the same problems with fonts are discussed, but not mine."
```````````
so read...

t
tmpname 08.07.22

"If you still put it by typing, then the game menu and the rest of the text are in squares."
Nope! it was about this - about the game - well, shtob the font in the game was normal - readable. He [Geoph] will not play in Setup...

t
tmpname 08.07.22

... by the way, the numbers after the name of the font - no matter how strange and terrible it may sound, but this is the font size ...
and if anything, you can correct it.

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

hmm, but what about the installation then? after all, the bugs appear already during the installation process, mm? how to be, because there is no folder and file that you advise to edit yet? and this trouble is simply fixed by installing XML Parser... well, or by registering your fonts...

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

but in general, before installing the fril, you need to install everything that is thrown there from the "REDIST" folder (should be written on the game disk).

t
tmpname 08.07.22

...or like this.

713 08.07.22

How do you spell it? (scrambled?)
Text document says in black and white - If the text "looks wrong" in some places while playing the game, install REDISTmsxml3.msi as above.

A
Akkalin 08.07.22

Everything turned out to be simple, but they flooded it ... :)

W
WWB_777 08.07.22

Yeah, the current author of the topic has not yet spoken out on the subject of usefulness / uselessness of this flood ...

t
tmpname 08.07.22

Once in my game the font flew - only squares remained. Well, I fixed Arial to Tahoma. And the font became normal ... (tahoma)
And I did not install any REDISTmsxml3.msi.

713 08.07.22

Aftor has gone missing ...
with a perspective on the future, I recommend installing OS with all the bugs.

g
geoph 08.07.22

No, I didn't disappear. I'm here after every advice I try. I installed everything from Redist, including Msxml3.msi. Alas, nothing has changed.
The installer is still in Cyrillic, but the program is in squares

g
geoph 08.07.22

breLOCK, what is Bini?