3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SergoSG 19.07.22 02:00 am

UFO: Afterlight - Help and Discussion (UFO: Afterlight)

Information on the subject: UFO: Afterlight

Developer: ALTAR Games Publisher :
Cenega Publishing Localizer
and publisher in Russia: 1C (today, it seems, there is no official localization yet) games on the 1C website: _http://games.1c.ru/ufo_afterlight/ UFO: Afterlight is a logical and technical continuation of the two previous games of the updated UFO line: UFO: Aftermath (2003) and UFO: Aftershock (2005) Here which is stated according to the subject on the 1C website: UFO: Afterlight is the next stage in the development of the UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Aftershock series, which makes you take a fresh look at the history of Aftershock, this time from the point of view of a lonely human colony on Mars. Game Features:

- a combination of global strategy and tactical missions;
- a completely new story based on the events of UFO: Aftershock;
- a huge selection of new technologies, weapons and equipment;
- absolutely new climatic conditions of the planet of unearthly type;
- diplomacy and a wealth of technology development paths provide a high potential for replay;
- a pronounced role-playing element - you will remember each fighter in person;
- new enemies and races of aliens, with different weapons and tactics of warfare;
- several character classes, each with their own attributes, skills and combat training;
- huge influence of diplomacy on the plot;
- the possibility of terraforming in the later stages of the game;
- improved management of construction and erection of buildings;
- friendly interface and easy navigation in the game - useful information is available exactly when you need it;
- developed tactical part of the game with the ability to enter buildings, use thermal imagers, etc.;
- the possibility of using height differences and destructible elements of the environment in battles;
- tactical missions controlled by smart scripts that guarantee reasonable behavior of enemies;
- reliable physical model;
- aliens and robots in your team;
- aggressive external environment requiring the use of different types of space suits;
- the ability to control the mind of your enemies and use psionic abilities.

As already mentioned, there is no official localization yet. Currently, work is underway to transfer to Sergeant. There is more or less decent Russification as a result of the work of different people.

In the next 2-3 I will be able to upload this translation (600 Kb) + FixedEXE for v.1.4 (2.1 Mb) + Mini-Image (200 Kb) to some file hosting service. While I can only send to the soap.

Because I did not find any other topic on the subject - I created this one. There are no restrictions on statements (except for the generally accepted ones and naturally on the topic).
Speak out, post useful links, ask questions.
53 Comments
Sort by:
k
klitor 19.07.22

IMHO, I do not advise you to play. game - Mr. :((((

f
f555 19.07.22

I have a 945 chipset with built-in video when starting the game:
- the image is turned on its head (in full screen mode), and if you run it in windowed mode, then everything is normal.
- I try to load a new game or a save, I get the message ver: UFO: afterlight v1.4 file:c:workdirufo3libglviewcoreBasicOglWind.cpp line:207 wglChoosePixelFormatARB() failed!

c
cdimon 19.07.22

Dear SergoSG, please send Russian for UFO: Afterlight to [email protected]

M
MickM 19.07.22

As a big fan of Aftershock I'll give my humble ;-) opinion on the recent release of this new UFO style game.
Saw. Touched. He moved his eyes.
Vesiya is still so damp that it will be patched for half a year. It's too early to buy it, it's also pirated.
What kind of trend is this - to send imperfections to print ...

P
Psychologist 19.07.22

Already 8 days have passed, let's post soon ...

g
glevgen 19.07.22

People like a trainer to put on version 1.4 !!!!

D
DeMoZ 19.07.22

How are things going with patches?

4yMa3eG 19.07.22

When loading the map, error immediately crashes :(
Application error ufo.exe, version 0.0.0.0, module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, address 0x0002ae22. What
can I do, tell me?

g
gera_k 19.07.22

The game is still very raw. Often crashes when trying to save the game. You have to go through the mission again. It's very stressful. Need to wait for fixes.

s
stylus 19.07.22

When I start the game, it immediately crashes. I heard it could be the audio card. Does anyone know a solution to the problem? Help...

g
gera_k 19.07.22

If you have already played it, then delete the previous save. Otherwise, look at the system requirements of the game. The game is very capricious to computer resources and antivirus packages.

s
stylus 19.07.22

No, I haven't played yet. Current installed. I'm running the exe. Starts loading and immediately crashes.

g
gera_k 19.07.22

How much memory do you have in your computer and video adapter? What ti vidyuhi worth?

s
stylus 19.07.22

512 and 128 (Radeon 9600). I know that junk, but all the new games are pulling, at least some are low.

4yMa3eG 19.07.22

It crashes for me after the first training mission is loaded. I gave it to a friend - he has exactly xs what to do. memory right now 512mb, vidio 256. I'll probably wait for patches of any thread or xs.

s
stylus 19.07.22

Anyway, I found a solution to the problem. You need to download the latest driver for
ATI (Catalyst® 7.3 Display Driver). Here is a link to the AMD website (English) - http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
There we select our Windows -> radeon -> and the video number. And press go.
Next, download the driver (29 mb). We demolish the old Catalyst and install a new one.
Played for about 30 minutes. , Everything is okay. I have no more strength, I want to sleep, I'm online all day.
Hope it helps everyone.

4yMa3eG 19.07.22

hmm ... it costs Catalyst® 7.1
I'll try it, maybe it will help me ... unsubscribe.

4yMa3eG 19.07.22

Thank you Stylus! xD It helped.
Installed Catalyst 7.3 and omg! robit!

s
stylus 19.07.22

Suddenly 4yMa3eG. Damn, I'm at work right now. I want to play ... home ...

4yMa3eG 19.07.22

Cool game psds. Only after two nights I figured out all the nuances (: