3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FatalityBrutal 26.07.22 12:21 am

Have you ever messed up a game?

For example, killing a character who should give a story mission or something else.
I remember in Duma 3 there one person opened the door for you so you could kill him when he went out to that door, though I didn’t check.
23 Comments
Sort by:
R
RicoChico 01.08.22

requiemmm
I don't know how the people of the GIC went through. There, in the introductory quest, you can save the gunner and navigator. And if they are taken as officers, then they demand some inadequate amounts for their services. With one of them, it seems, there was also a quest in the future.
And somehow I did not want to merge them at all.

I remember Oblivion. For the sake of interest, I pumped the hero into trade and charisma. As a result, being physically weak, he could not do anything to the boars and centaurs that appeared from the auto-live.

M
MunchkiN 616 01.08.22

maybe yes but I don't remember. if we talk only about the impossibility to pass the game and not about the lost profits.
the only thing I remember is a dragon age origin with an urn of sacred ashes. there was a puzzle, I could not solve it right away and went to do something more interesting, leaving the location. when I returned there, the script that disbanded the party and allowed it to stand on the platforms did not work. they stupidly ran after the camera when they were too far away. because of which I had to replay the piece but I had saves. and theoretically, I assume that the game can not be completed if you do not take and expel companions because of this quest.
then it will mean I screwed up the passage of the gothic railway. I collected all the loot and I had a plan for maximum extraction of exp for the order of completing quests and farming mobs. and I thought of somehow robbing a ship in horinis before it was possible according to the plot. penetrated there by cannonade. was saved and the attempt to load the game ended in an error because something is preventing the game from loading if saved on the ship. And then I didn't have a save.
and so basically the games themselves were screwed up. for example, in Diablo 2, the resource is a mod and not a game, for some reason the locations are mixed up and here the modders are too smart because of which the game became impassable in the 3rd act due to the fact that the game did not generate a transition to the location needed for the plot. to do this, you would have to connect to another game so that the card of this character is reset and regenerated, or select a different difficulty level. but I didn't have those options. also in gothic 2 there was a bug that didn’t charge the eyes of innos, I still didn’t understand why it arose (assumed that if you kill dragons in some wrong order), but it turned out that it completely messed up the game.

Morrowind, by the way, to say that it was impossible to screw up. you could just lose the content of the plot. the only thing is if it was possible to sell quest items there ... I just didn’t go through the story because according to the story I was infected with some kind of disease that was not curable in the temples, but I looted everything. and I hid the separator because it was cool and with a unique model. but the second artifact was not special and I buried it somewhere in the mountain of loot. and the game next to the mountain of loot was unstable, had 10 fps and could crash with awkward movement. but nevertheless I still went through this game so to speak.

r
requiemmm 01.08.22

RikoChiko
Well, strictly according to the guide. This is a Russian game industry, dozens of tricks and jambs, which no one in the game will tell the player about. 14 totems scattered around the game world with no indication of where to look. Random trader who sells an item to a random shop owner. A quest list generated on a random ship of a huge squadron. Cleaning the script of all the chests on the map, after which the player is invited to find wine, grapes, a lute and 10 bags of salt somewhere. Randomly lying at the bottom of the gear, and the descent into the water is paid. A tiny key randomly generated in a huge location, which could fall under the texture and also become invisible. Tasks for a time when this time is not indicated anywhere. Tasks to search for a ship floating somewhere in the fog of war, you can search for YEARS of game time and not find it.
And the gunner and navigator are needed to hand over the ship to the port authority, because the GG cannot sail on it, and he receives hellish performance penalties, respectively, the navigator is sent to guard the ship for about TWO GAME YEARS, while the GG is pumping navigation, and the gunner is dragging around with the GG to the guns were somehow loaded and fired approximately in the direction of the target.