3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mom's friend's daughter 01.08.22 10:32 pm

Clay Pits (The Witcher)

Hello! Help me please. I don't understand what can be done in this situation. I tell you: there is such a quest - Clay pits. The essence of the quest is to kill all drowners in the place of clay pits. I killed everyone! I even meditated at different times, several times in a row I came to the same place. The quest just doesn't work! What can be done? There is no saving, after receiving the quest I made a million others, I really don’t want to go through it again ... Maybe there is a script to complete the quest? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? But, for you to understand, I ran around almost the entire map, starting from the places that are close to the clay pit, I thought maybe I should go a little further. As a result, I reached the end of the map and nothing :( I can play further for now, but at the end what should I do?
24 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Daughter of my mother's friend
I heard that all sorts of cheats / trainers "break" games, but I myself used them very little. For example, Artmani. But those saves that I threw off are clean.
I completed The Witcher in 2018. It took me about 100 hours

S
SonyK_2 01.08.22

Mom's friend's
daughter Mom's friend's daughter wrote:
...is it possible that a low-quality trainer ruined the game?...
If the scripts in the game are written in a certain way, and the trainer breaks them, it's easy. And it's not that the trainer is "poor quality" - it's just that the game developers did not take into account the possibility of passing some moment of the game not as they intended.
In theory, games should have a so-called. "Developer Mode", i.e. essentially legal cheats - immortality, infinite items (and their spawner), so that it would be easier for developers to test themselves (usually activated through the game console). If the whole game can be completed in this mode - in theory, there should be no problems with the trainer. Although there are cheats that allow the player to get into some closed locations, which, according to the plot, he should get later - most often such a game "breaks".
...when there was a quest with Abigail, I didn't know that she doesn't die when wolves pounce on her, but simply lies unconscious. and for several hours I tried to complete the quest so that she would not die (as I thought) and I still couldn’t do it. purely for the sake of interest, I downloaded some kind of trainer (there was a parachute one) and at some points it happened because of the trainer that life did not go away from the rivals at all ...
A typical example of passing is not as the developers intended. The NPC is passed out and his life indicator must be at a certain level, he rises (or tries to rise) above the required level by the trainer - because of this, the script in the game may bug.

M
Mom's friend's daughter 01.08.22

SonyK_2 wow
, thanks for the detailed answer! and indeed, I didn’t take into account that the game is old, and it was stupid to compare it with Witcher 3 (the trainer works fine there, sort of). well, I'll keep that in mind. Fortunately, I rarely use trainers and scripts, more often out of curiosity, so I will try to avoid such moments. By the way, the guys above wrote that they had the same problem. I wonder if they also launched the trainer and that's why this happened to them, or did it just happen like that? (because later, as they wrote, they still managed to pass) you, by the way, also thank you for your help, you know how to explain simply and clearly, in vain they give you dislikes ... but I’m not surprised, I need to do a “dirty” thing, I registered to write one post, and the first thing I got was a dislike :D

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Mom's girlfriend's daughter
In The Witcher 3, there were also game breakdowns. For example, due to a cheat in the form of moving from anywhere. If the quest is not completed in a certain part of the game, and the player moves to another place, then the game breaks and does not allow the player to go further. There were also breakdowns for those who downloaded Geralt to level 100 with cheaters.
I didn’t just write about the passage time above. That’s how you spend 80-100 hours playing with cheaters, and at the end there is an unpleasant surprise that does not allow you to complete the game, and anyway, she's lost.