3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 20.08.22 09:16 pm

Fight depression.

I have such a problem, I work on a rotational basis for 2 months at work and 1 month at home. When I am at home, for the first two or three days everything seems to be normal, then something like apathy or indifference to everything sets in.
You lie on the couch or sleep and so the whole month. Maybe I'm of course confusing something and maybe it's not depression? I used to play almost all the time, but now I’ll sit down 2 or 3 times for a PC in a month and that’s it. I can't seem to find myself. Well, it looks like he spoke out. You do not scold much .... Just had to speak out? Maybe someone has such a problem? Write how you could overcome or could not?
22 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 20.08.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
I am constantly depressed due to unsolvable health problems, I distract myself from the hardships of life by watching Kuplinov, American comedy series on Paramount Comedy, busty fools on Twitch, videos about space simply fascinate me, I write news about racing games, I try to make memes, on I give advice on this forum, do physical education, otherwise my health is completely over, I play only SnowRunner, each task is minus an hour of life.

J
JustVic 20.08.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Find yourself a new interesting hobby, maybe programming, maybe drawing, maybe kendo, maybe something that you didn't do at all before, but maybe you wanted to, or vice versa you didn't even think about it.

h
hello 20.08.22

but didn’t try to get a woman for himself ... well, or, in extreme cases, drive a bald one?

l
lapwing mouse 20.08.22

Funny state) Where have I heard about it)

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 20.08.22

hello
There is no desire to start yet. There was already an experience, and not the best. Heard enough of the most tomatoes. And you live in a wrong way, and that is wrong, and this is not so for her. Since then, I prefer not a serious relationship, if you know what I mean.

l
longerr2007 20.08.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Apparently, you're not married. grass and the sky with apples, so as not to see the sea. Try to find something for yourself that does not remind you of your work.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 20.08.22

JustVic
There was a dream in my childhood. I wanted to become a doctor, but something did not grow together. With age, I realized that this is not mine and that's it. After all, it’s like with us, the whole family almost works as doctors, but I can’t treat people. Eventually, he trained as a mechanical engineer. The profession is also in its own way like a doctor, only you treat equipment. Something like this.

F
FaHaT_STalKeRa 20.08.22

longerr2007
You know, I even like my work. On the contrary, everything is fine with me at work. I just need to find myself while I'm at home. I think to go to my parents on the weekend to unwind. The main thing is not to sit idle and everything will be fine.

l
longerr2007 20.08.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Well, let's do it the other way around) For 6 months we saw only the sea-longing (((... You have been at your favorite job for 2 months and now you have been torn away from it for as much as 30 days! Apparently you are an oilman, gas worker or geologist? Try to collect stamps by Your topic, yes, it helped me personally (and not disks with relaxation).

a
airstorm 20.08.22

Heh ... wow ... It turns out that the most effective methods of dealing with depression are literally prohibited by the rules of the site: Rule 1 (paragraph 4) and Rule 3.
For those who do not know the rules of the site or are too lazy to read ... an explanation on the fingers:

N
No_time_for_games 20.08.22

hello
, what does it all boil down to for you?
according to Freud

N
No_time_for_games 20.08.22

Subject:
sports
books,
etc.

b
barbarian 20.08.22

FaHaT_STalKeRa
Quite an adequate reaction. I probably couldn't bear being far from home. And that state usually looks different, often medication is needed for months. Some for years and no time for games or distractions

P
Pastofarian 20.08.22

barbarian
On point. Looking at people with depression came to the conclusion that depression is just a symptom. And the bad life of a person is the reason. For example, a person has terminal cancer and will soon die. And he's depressed about it. So this is normal and it should be. There is nothing funny about this. If you want to remove depression, then you need to change what you do not like in your life. If of course you can afford it.

b
barbarian 20.08.22

Pastofarian
There is always a reason. Although not necessarily a bad life. Maybe a more or less normal life, but the person has symptoms. Often all this is accompanied by something like panic attacks and / or env., while the person has a favorite job, etc.

r
requiemmm 20.08.22

Locked in a routine, a person is rapidly becoming dumber. Nothing changes around him, his work becomes a routine, people become a routine, a kind of noisy and annoying background, his very existence is reduced to a mechanical repetition of the same actions. Nothing pleases, because nothing changes. Whatever you do as part of your daily "technological process", nothing will change. Ultimately, the thought comes to mind that if you die, nothing will change either. If something happens, then the events are purely negative, because of which you will have to do even more monotonous actions or suffer stupidly.
Computer games do not help much, mainly because there is little that depends on the player. In singleplayer, a hardcore scenario has quite a finite number of forks, if at all, in an MMO it may seem incredible, but it's exactly the same. There is a map, there is a strategy for winning on it, usually the only one. There are meta-builds that are head and shoulders above everything else because of the crooked balance. There is a stupid numerical superiority when there are three of you, forty of them - the result is predictable. And, most importantly, nothing will change in real life. I will wake up and see that all my online wins and losses have been reset in the new season, my builds have turned into a pumpkin due to the carousel of nerfs and again they want money from me to sell me what I already had before this nerf and for what I already paid - the essence of MMO in one sentence.

What to do? And FIG knows, there are no ready-made recipes. I believe that if the environment does not change, you need to change it yourself. In the simplest case, find yourself a hobby that you can stupidly put on a table in the middle of the room and slowly poke around in it. Let's say I solder a little. I don’t need a tube radio station from a book for children of the 50s, on the modern air you will be ignored for such a signal at best, at worst they will swear and complain to the authorities, but the details from which it is assembled were available in garbage dumps, they have Large size and there is where to put your hands. Covered once again - today we are manufacturing and installing an anode choke! Rip off a huge Soviet resistor to ceramics on emery, wind 4 sections of 100 turns with 0.1 mm wire - you look and let go :)))
I also like the option of making a model of a wooden sailboat, but this is more for those who have money. Sets start from 50k wooden ones and there are a lot of jambs, to fix which you need to pour in the same amount more. To make from scratch, you need to have at least a microcircular, a dremel and a bag of hand tools, and over time add to them a lathe, a milling cutter, a metal melting furnace, a cube or two of precious wood and many other things, the price of which any wife will go to shit . Great hobby, will gobble up all your money and time.

F
Frost Norde 17.11.22

I was depressed, but for a different reason (love interest, you know). For a long time he was in a wadded state, until he was distracted by risovac. I always liked occasionally to scratch anything on paper, but here, after graduating from the university, I immediately found so much free time - and for several months I enthusiastically trained my hand in this craft. And I liked the result. True, then I had to spend a year in the army, but that's different. Since then, 6 years have passed, the depressive stuffiness has gone, only resentment remains, but at least some interest in something has appeared, and there are no goals. It remains only to change the situation around you and, you see, everything will work out.

The most important thing is to find yourself. And in what and how - it is already individual for each.

h
hello 17.11.22

Frost Norde wrote:
True, then I had to spend a year in the army, but that's different. 6 years have passed since then ...
life is a cyclical thing - now many will have to "roam in the army" again

M
Manhunt1908 17.11.22

At this time, for quite a long time I have been either in depression, or I have apathy and who knows what is happening and how to get out of the pit. And how people find something to distract themselves or something to do. Well, nothing really interesting for me...

N
No_time_for_games 17.11.22

Manhunt1908
you need to get out of Russia,
but I'm from Ukraine