3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
ThePlayer 20.08.22 10:20 pm

Long in-game loading between locations, rooms

I ran into such a problem that it takes a long time to load if I want to go out of any room to the street. If I want to load a quick save, etc. I've played on another computer before and never had this problem. Collected new iron and there was such problem.
Proc: Ryzen 5 5600x
Video: AMD Radeon rx 6600
SSD: Samsung 970 on 1tb
Windows 10 pro
It seems that there are no problems with the piece of iron, I don’t know what to do.
Please advise, I will be grateful.

PS I reinstalled the game, checked the cache, deleted all saves.
12 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 20.08.22

ThePlayer
Shoot a video with loading

T
ThePlayer 20.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
https://imgur.com/a/ifRdrtO , bandic, as I understand it, he cut out some moments of loading to make it faster, but the essence is clear.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.08.22

ThePlayer
I also have:

True, the game is on the HDD

T
ThePlayer 20.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
, my HDD was loading faster than it is now on SSD :(

S
SonyK_2 20.08.22

ThePlayer
ThePlayer wrote:
...the HDD loaded faster than it currently does on an SSD
Some games (especially older ones) don't seem to work well with an SSD, nor can multi-threaded processors (etc.). Either the game "doesn't understand" that the disk can work at a higher speed, or some artificial limitation has been set there by the developers. I myself noticed this in old games - when using an SSD, some load literally instantly (apparently there are no restrictions), others load slowly.
PS For example, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (2004) takes about 10 seconds to boot from a separate (non-system) SSD (SATA 3). I didn’t play it before and didn’t install it on the HDD, I can’t compare download speeds. Perhaps the installed crack also somehow affects, I didn’t try it without it either. From 0:10 to time:

l
lapwing mouse 20.08.22

ThePlayer
I had this problem on my previous system. Pirate game. Repak I do not remember from whom. But I can look. It helped to rearrange the game from Khatabych's repo and clean the registry. The first part is very weak for modern systems and therefore it doesn't care ssd or hdd. All my old games are the same for me, both on ssd and hdd, except for Postal 1 and Indiana Jones - the empire of the pits. These two on m2 are loaded 3 seconds faster than on hdd. It's not about the gestures. This is an in-game bug. For example, this is now in Hard West 2. If you often save in the game, and then reload saves again and again, then no super mega fast Nasovsky ssd will save you. Downloads are getting really long. But this is solvable. Not figs often saved. And play fair. No cheaters and fewer saves. Therefore, most likely something similar and at you at an exit from the room.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.08.22

SonyK_2
In HWINFO there are two options for each hard drive: Read Rate and Write Rate. It is enough to display Read Rate in the overlay, you will have the reading speed

ThePlayer
Put it on the HDD

S
SonyK_2 20.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
HWINFO has two options for each hard drive: Read Rate and Write Rate...
What will it give? - if the game is loading slowly, monitoring will not increase the speed.
SpoilerSSD speed before loading Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines and after:

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.08.22

SonyK_2
If the author compares, then at least he will understand which media is better to put the game on

M
MunchkiN 616 20.08.22

Most likely, this is due to some peculiarity of the processor in this game
, even at the release there was some kind of problem of long downloads, it was corrected by patches, but I did not see particularly long downloads there at one time, maybe a maximum of 30-40 seconds and an average of 10-20. so it might make sense to try unpatched versions.
I also had such a story once with the game mdk2. I wanted to play it on a new pitch and found that there were very long downloads and the more powerful the pitch became, the longer the downloads became, and it became impossible to play because it loaded from somewhere for 10 minutes, I didn’t even wait. maybe this is some kind of bug due to multi-core because loading

p
pike hunter 09.10.22

Help me people! 😭 I decided to get acquainted with the witcher universe, on my own head! 😬 launched the first witcher, renamed that executable so that it starts without hieroglyphs, played, passed the prologue, so I’m already waiting for a day to switch to Vizima! some kind of hat, it doesn’t load and that’s it, but the music plays and the download line almost freezes at the end😂 what to do? tell me, I beg you.

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.10.22

Pike hunter
To begin with, you need to announce your hardware. I played it yesterday:

so far everything is chinar. Sometimes it crashes

. In general, I noticed that when there are a lot of saves, it takes a long time to enter the save menu from the main menu. I cut out some of them, transferred to another medium. Cloud turned off in Steam. Saves are heavy