3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
starjady 20.08.22 11:54 pm

KOTOR2 is terribly slow

My Kotor2 slows down and what is most interesting is not always, but sometimes when you look at a certain point Help someone
PS I have a DVD version, made in Russia
30 Comments
Sort by:
S
Scan 20.08.22

Try editing the game settings file swkotor2.ini (opened with notepad): set Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

l
lord 20.08.22

personally, everything is fine with him on the last three-ruble notes!!!

g
g-man 20.08.22

I slowed down (and even then rarely) when I turned on soft shadows .... Try to chop off the shadows in the settings ...

a
aGGpeccop 20.08.22

The finish is complete with brakes. I have a P4 3.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, FX 5950 Ultra, but the game consistently brings the computer into a deep stupor every 20 seconds, the latest drivers are installed, DX9c. What to do ??????????????

R
RoD 20.08.22

Buy the game on 4 discs!

K
Kash_ 20.08.22

Personally, my game is running fine, the graphics are set to high, soft shadows are turned off. My computer is rather weak AthlonXp 1.4/256RAM/Fx5200 128mb. Game on two discs. True, the translation is terrible, just a nightmare, these pirates would have to tear off their hands and put them in some place.

P
PlayGround.ru 20.08.22

you need to buy normal hardware, otherwise they will collect such super cool systems and then shout
PS kotor is optimized better nowhere else you can set an example

a
aGGpeccop 20.08.22

The first one was just perfect, when everything was at its maximum, but with the second one it was not clear.
Z.Y. the computer is overclocked, maybe this is the problem, in the standard 2.6 GHz, 1GB, FX5900XT, but the BIOSes are flashed, nothing bugs anywhere,
3D Mark, Aquamark do not complain :((

c
clover 20.08.22

no, people, this is something terrible ... the hardware is normal, but that the first one, that the second brake - to no avail ... both with high and low settings ...

S
SERAS 20.08.22

So what? Who solved the problem???

L
LAM 20.08.22

Help should be read. Everything is written there. Most likely, you just need to add one line to the conf file. All this is said in the same help. Something is wrong with shaders.
It's a pity I passed a long time ago and erased the igruhu so I would more accurately indicate.

S
SERAS 20.08.22

Lam
where hot' nahoditsia etot HELP file?

O
Over Herz 20.08.22

the problem is this - on Tatooine in the air, when you press save, the fps drops to 1-2, although before that it was 30-40. The only fix is ​​to reload the save. How to cure it?

P
PlayGround.ru 20.08.22

I only have brakes when I go into fog.
In general, the game is optimized for 5!
And every 20s of slowdown, it's a
shitty mom (IDE-chanel, SB or NB)
It could also be due to overheating!
-------------------------------------------------- --------

S
SERAS 20.08.22

But KOTOR 1 also began to slow down for me. In short, after I installed Service Pack 2 ... half of my games failed at all (in one it’s just a head running around, in the other it’s either light or dark). I don't think it's because of the vidyuhi - there was simply nothing to spoil it :)
PS
Video nVIDIA GeForce4 64 mb

k
kamikaze 20.08.22

I have a video card radeon 9600pro. There were firewood 4.2 - the game hangs up after showing the videos (I had to turn them off), but it doesn’t slow down. I downloaded the last 5.3-the brakes started (and everything is ok with the videos)

S
SHADOW 20.08.22

>> the problem is this - on Tatooine in the air, when you press save, the fps drops to 1-2

On Datooine, in the sense ... There is such a jamb (iron rear sight 2.6, 0.5 Gb, Radeon 9600XT). And only at the main location (where you get out of the ship). For me, by the way, it is not treated by reloading the save, but it is treated by juggling the frame buffer settings.

Still, if anyone is interested, after installing the last catalyst, life became somewhat easier, at least it almost does not crash. So, gentlemen, heat the card with fresh firewood. And reboot the toy periodically - her brains flow in order.

b
ball1 20.08.22

Catalyst 5.4 officially cures Tatooine, those who are too lazy to download can use another way - in the graphic settings, drag anisotropy: add or decrease until the next entry into the level or load-save.

S
SHADOW 20.08.22

Stunned! On the official website of ATI, in bug fixes, they wrote directly :)))
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Loading the Dantooine level of the game under Windows XP no longer results in slow game performance

L
Leo 20.08.22

I have a GeForce 4 mx440 128 - sucks!!!!!!! And it slows down only when you go into the fog or see the smoke !! Shadows are off (Yes, they can not be turned on at all :-))
RAM: 512 pc3200
CPU Celeron 2400
Other graphics settings at maximum!!!
Drivers 72.10

Ps I used to have 256 MB of memory - that's when the brakes were!!!