3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Horse567 03.09.22 09:31 pm

Turn off PC.

People tell me please, I'm sitting playing and suddenly the computer turns off, I did Aida 64 stress test, everything is fine, there is no overheating, what could be the matter? And how can I check if there are any programs? o (I clean dust regularly). Or lead on diagnostics? This was not the case before.
27 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Horse567
Give everything a full load and monitor the voltage. Maybe the power supply.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

And what program to give a full load?

R
Ryazancev 03.09.22

Horse567
To be honest, I haven't run such tests. Usually managed with AIDA and Bagel. But it seems like OCCT can. Haven't tried it myself... Sorry.
Just drive the components separately first (in order). Putting the components together last.

E
ElmStreetBoy 03.09.22

Maybe I’ll say banal crap, but the programs are programs, but is it not time to change the paste?

r
requiemmm 03.09.22

If it turns off completely, then this is the power supply and you will not check it with any programs. There, the output voltage is simply compared with the standard, and if it dipped due to dried capacitors, the converter is cut down. This is the first bell, then it will be cut down in games, then it will stop turning on and will only pull the fans for a second.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

ElmStreetBoy
So yesterday I just wanted to change it, but I never found it at home, but what kind of thermal paste would you recommend? There are a bunch of them there.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

And if you pull out the power supply and visually inspect, will something be visible? Here I read on the forums, and if you reset the BIOS, either in the BIOS itself or pull out the battery, will this help or is it complete crap?

L
Lain Rain 03.09.22

Horse567
Not the fact that visually you can see something. Resetting the BIOS won't help in this situation either (well... unless, of course, you overclocked the system and set some crooked parameters). Considering what is cut down during loads and there is no overheating, then with a high degree of probability, as mentioned above, the whole thing is in the power supply.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

In general, I did a test for 30 minutes, the temperature of the processor did not rise above 89 degrees, (is this normal?) Nothing turned off.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

V
Vindicare 03.09.22

Horse567
With such temperatures on the processor, nothing should be turned off, although the cooler is not the best for such a processor.
Well, the motherboard, 9600k on the h310 motherboard, and even on the very bottom one. Sad spectacle. It is quite possible that the power supply on this board does not take out the power consumption of 9600k in a serious load, overheats and goes into protection.
And what kind of power supply do you have?

H
Horse567 03.09.22

Vindicare
Yes, I know, I blunted it, I assembled it myself 2 years ago, now I’ve begun to understand, AeroCool VX PLUS 750W power supply [VX-750 PLUS]

V
Vindicare 03.09.22

Horse567
You should change the motherboard and power supply out of harm's way :D
Or start learning the art of undervolting and lowering frequencies.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

In general, some kind of crap, I downloaded the game Usetteled, this is a horror game, when you start a new game, the computer just cuts out, ok, I launched cyberpunk 2077 and played online COD MW online, everything is fine, although God forbid these games load the computer.

E
Evil in the flash 03.09.22

Horse567 Run the OCCT
test on the power supply, and check the load on the 12,5,3-line with a multimeter. 12V first.

E
Evil in the flash 03.09.22

Horse567
Doesn't mean anything, I could play some games on the block with sagging voltage for half an hour. But during the tests almost immediately cut down.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

In general, two memory sticks stopped working together, one works, but not together.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

I disassembled everything, blew it, applied thermal paste, and it's a matter of RAM, and how to fix it?

V
Vindicare 03.09.22

Horse567
If the bars work separately for you, but not together, then the problem may be in the motherboard / BIOS / something else.

H
Horse567 03.09.22

In short, I found out what the problem is, the socket legs are bent (((now everything works, with only one bar. And what can bent legs lead to in the future?