3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
V8V8 04.10.22 11:09 pm

An interesting opinion: will gaming companies return?

Recently, we often see how various brands and companies leave: clothing, drinks, some food products, car manufacturers, we are seeing a restriction of payment methods. And if some financial moments were replayed: rebranding, parallel import of spare parts and materials, transfer or sale of the right to manage the company... Then the possibility of "renting" the game on Steam, Origin, Ubisoft Connect, Battle.net still cannot be fully replaced. The use of various sites for the purchase (and actually rent) of games is still possible, if you do not take into account regional and payment restrictions.
We understand that if there is no Denuvo, then you can raise sails or exchange currencies with neighboring countries, or by pressing one button "fly" to Turkey. But certain companies left the country as part of political statements, and not due to economic restrictions.
Which companies were the most "loud" during the exit from Russia (including those that "temporarily suspended their activities")?
- CD Project RED
- Activision
- Techland
- Ubisoft
- Take-Two
- EA
- Sony
- Nintendo
I may have missed some companies. Accordingly, the question itself is: what do you think, will these companies return to Russia, will they resume sales of their games, and when do you expect this? Topic on "think", but I'm really interested to know the opinion.
20 Comments
Sort by:
m
mrKaktak 04.10.22

V8V8
Of course they will return. However, if there is still electricity on the planet next year)))

b
bazilevs 04.10.22

They didn't leave the torrents...

P
Protocol10 04.10.22

these offices are on the drain of the state and politicians, as soon as the state gives the command to change shoes, they will change their shoes

S
Salyarych 04.10.22

Many companies to whom you show the Russian flag will begin to howl and rush head first, spraying saliva in all directions ... In general, those companies with Russophobia have reached a critical moment when the brain turns off completely. Such companies do not return to our market. And to be honest, we do not expect such. The same filthy Project ed. Yes, The Witcher is undeniably gorgeous, and the rest of the games - if not shit, then close to this word. But also with their attitude towards all Russians ... These Poles would go to their American master, further f*ck licking.
Other companies that left under the yoke of their government, and not on their own initiative, those of course come back. The same Microsoft will return. Ubisoft is back. That's just, their return will be difficult. Now talented newcomers from Korea or China will come to our gaming industry market. Who will need headlights for 6 thousand rubles, when similar Chinese products will be sold here 6 times cheaper. In recent times, worthy games can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Games that you love! Everything that they do now is either flawed or broken into hundreds of parts, which they then ask to buy in addition. So we will not be left without games, but European and American game developers will suffer losses.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.10.22

will return as soon as possible in time. when? in this matter, it is not time that is more important, but the wind of change.

M
Max P 04.10.22

They will return if they still exist.)))

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

If you already have an unfinished collection of games, then you don’t have to bother for the next 3-5 years, depending on the time for playing games. In 3 months it will be a year since I bought the last game, but nothing has passed this year. Personally, I’m 5-7 years of my collection of games is enough. So they may not come back for now. And I’m not going to buy through crutches in principle

A
Anderby 04.10.22

Well, if it's interesting, then:
I think that no one will return anywhere. In history, such restrictions often last for decades - North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela have been under restrictions for more than 50 years for much smaller crimes. Without fundamental changes inside, nothing will change. Companies at one time in the “civilized” G8 member country (1997-2014) somehow came with a creak, freaking out from local customs and laws. Money loves security and guarantees.
I transferred my accounts which I could to Poland and the Netherlands, which I could not register again in the same place.

r
requiemmm 04.10.22

They need our money more than we need Steam achievements and multiplayer with Vasyans. Well, yes, the pile of unplayed games for many years has only been growing. Even if the game becomes work, it is physically impossible to even just look at this whole mountain, there is no question of passing here at all.
Again, personally, I would not let them back. Well, this is a clear enemy, who for many years demonstrated his attitude from every iron, poured insults, always and everywhere showed us as moral freaks and a bogey that the brave Americans defeat, and when they gave the go-ahead, he rushed to bite those who were not involved at all and nothing does not decide in the state. How can they be allowed back, how can they be given money at all? Let them go and not return.

d
dsxcvf 04.10.22

requiemmm
you got hacked? You're the main Russophobe, after the destroyer.

r
requiemmm 04.10.22

dsxcvf
I'm not a Russophobe, I don't like people in general, as a biological species. It is quite logical that I am not interested in the presence in the media field around me of all sorts of Polish ghouls working off American money, I have enough Russian ghouls like that.

A
Anderby 04.10.22

requiemmm
Mom's misanthrope, dad's philanthropist.

G
GoodWinGame GWG 16.11.22

Dump various pr-whether clothes, games, cars, etc. because of influence, and not because of some beliefs there. It is not profitable for them, which means ... In short, turn on the logic ...

A
Age of Capybara III 16.11.22

Switzerland violated neutrality for the first time in 200 years. She did not violate it even under Hitlerism. Do you think the companies will come back or not? With regards to torrents, who will sacrifice their hardware, which will only rise in price in the future? And providers with their servers? And what about the connection speed without access to normal hardware and software vendors, which over time will reveal holes and vulnerabilities? They say that in the Northern Race, sorry, Korea, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors is still in the top, and banned games are transmitted on SD cards. This is not even the 90s for you ... Given the intensity of competition in the West for consumer money, they will be happy to use any contact with the Russian Federation in order to drown a competing company. So, children, wean yourself from these "sleepy playstations" of yours and start getting used to the game of the future - dominoes.
Spoiler

z
z8TiREX8z 20.01.23

V8V8 You
can definitely answer yes, but not before the end of what is forbidden to discuss on our forum. When passions subside, people around the world will think about something else, companies will return.

z
z8TiREX8z 20.01.23

mrKaktak
Will be, don't worry about it.

z
z8TiREX8z 20.01.23

bazilews
But Russian voice acting or localization can leave torrents.

B
Beirut 20.01.23

z8TiREX8z
what are you talking about?????
where to go?
running a file with text in auto translation takes 3 minutes (LITERALLY)
there are also communities like zog, etc.
they translate games not off, on all platforms (estimate there are still a bunch of different consoles even about which you have not heard)
Even for information and general education in the 90s and early 00s, people in our country DID NOT KNOW WHAT A LICENSE IS))) and played all games are calmly in Russian (SPS fargusu, akkel, etc.)
Well, apparently you are a child and do not understand how the world works?
A holy place is never empty!!!! The Russian language market is 300-400 million people (not only our country)
Here the question should be put like this, whether to let these companies into our market to earn money (here we have something to work on in terms of laws, etc.)

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Beirut
Let them in. Well, this is money in the treasury too

o
odalov4 20.01.23

They will return, but I think it will not be very soon, I think it will take a year and a half
However, all the same, I know that ru gamers are not very appreciated by foreign developers, you can even judge by the voice acting of games) they even voice in Albanian, but they put it in Russian