3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Analius 04.10.22 11:09 pm

I want to buy a video card will it work on the motherboard?

I want to buy a new MSI nVidia GeForce RTX 3050
motherboard gigabyte ga-h61m-s1
will the video work on this motherboard, I looked like it should go but I don’t really rummage in this
right now there is a card 1050 ti percent i7-3770, 16 ram
or advise another video good
33 Comments
Sort by:
H
Halkbigus 04.10.22

Strange question... You'd better look in the direction of your power supply, which I believe is from the same time. Will it have enough power? Is there a required power connector for the desired graphics card? The motherboard will not play the main role when choosing a video card. At least 3050, at least put 3080.

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
I want to buy a new MSI nVidia GeForce RTX 3050 card... gigabyte ga-h61m-s1 motherboard... will vidyaha work on this motherboard...
it will (should be backwards compatible), but it seems to have a PCIe 4.0 interface x8, and if the motherboard is PCIe 2.0 (3.0) x16, it is possible that in some games there will not be enough bandwidth if it does not work in x16 mode. And they wrote correctly above:
Halkbigus wrote:
...better look towards your power supply... Will it have enough power?...
Analius
Analius wrote:
...or advise another video...
Depends on the budget and where it will be to be bought - in a regular (or network) store, from the hands.

A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2 Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 (2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

M
MunchkiN 616 04.10.22

most likely it sings mk percent and mp supports pyciel express 3.0 and some kind of ms video card looks like it has the whole comb soldered x16 on it. so the bandwidth loss for this card is likely to be within the margin of error.

P
Pirat13666 04.10.22

Analius
Optimal would be Asus Tuf gaming RTX 3060 12GB. But you can also put one, just remember Asus Tuf is quality and silence.

A
Analius 04.10.22

MunchkiN 616
then it should normally pull)

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
...1 PCI-E x16...
I already wrote above...
SonyK_2 wrote:
...she (video card) seems to have a PCIe 4.0 x8 interface, and if the motherboard has PCIe 2.0 (3.0) x16, maybe some games will run out of bandwidth if not running in x16 mode.
..., i.e. will work, but probably not at the full speed of the PCI Express bus. And don't forget about BP! - if there is not enough power, it can "die", dragging with it a part of the kit, possibly a new vidyukha.

A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
That at 650 W is already good, but you need to calculate the approximate power consumption of the entire package, taking into account the new video card. Regarding the PSU manufacturer (AeroCool): if it happens like in the video ...
Spoiler
..., it's not a fact that only the PSU will have to be changed.

A
Analius 04.10.22

this one?)
or is there some kind of program to find out how much the consumption is?

S
Snow70 04.10.22

Analius
Well 1050 PCI-Ex16, now all cards with this interface! They don't release AGP anymore!
Your task is to see the compatibility with the PSU (power supply unit) Is there enough watts ... And how many pins on the PSU to power the video card ...
https://gtx-force.ru/energy-consumption-nvidia-geforce/

A
Analius 04.10.22

Snow70
well, it means that I have enough block of 650 watts and the card eats 120 watts?

S
Snow70 04.10.22

Analius
3050 needs 550 watts of PSU

S
Snow70 04.10.22

Analius
The main thing is that the PSU should have pin 6 + 2 for powering the card
Do not confuse 8 or 4 pins for powering the processor! =) The plug itself will say PCI for the card

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
this one?)
It's better for repairs or scrap, I didn't burn the peak of the kit. If the sensors, or the program does not lie, a significant excess of voltage is visible - instead of 12 Volts, 18 (EIGHTEEN)!
Spoiler
In a normally operating PSU, deviations of + - 5% are allowed on all lines:
+3.3 V = 3.135 - 3.465 Volts
+5 V = 4.75 - 5.25 Volts
+12 V = 11.4 - 12.6 Volts
For the sake of interest, look in the BIOS - if there are such the same values, either measure the voltage manually, or carry the PSU for repair. Or maybe (most likely) you will have to buy a new one. With such increased voltages, it is dangerous to put on this new vidyuhi - it can BURN!

A
Analius 04.10.22

this is?)

A
Analius 04.10.22

Snow70
good)))))

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
this?
Yes. In the BIOS, the voltages seem to be normal, although the CPU temperature of 60 degrees looks suspicious.
Spoiler
There are several options: the sensors are lying / the program is lying / after the OS starts, the voltages begin to jump so that they exceed the limit values. Is there acceleration?

A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2
may need to be cleaned of dust and it’s warm in the room,
I once tried to overclock the card, but it didn’t work out or not through MSI Afterburner, but that was a very long time ago

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
perhaps it is necessary to clean the dust ...
Depending on the amount of dust in the room, it is necessary to do "prophylaxis" from time to time - the more dust, the more often.
... the room is warm ...
"Heat" is how much?
Up to 20 "C - "dubak", it is unlikely that there will be overheating, except when there is overclocking and insufficient cooling, or problems with the thermal interface (dry from time to time).
Up to 25 - the usual temperature, and closer to the upper threshold the kit may
25 and above - very warm, with insufficient cooling, there may be frequent overheating.Either limit power consumption (locking the frame rate, downvolting), or improve cooling .