3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Analius 04.10.22 11:09 pm

I want to buy a video card will it work on the motherboard?

I want to buy a new MSI nVidia GeForce RTX 3050
motherboard gigabyte ga-h61m-s1
will the video work on this motherboard, I looked like it should go but I don’t really rummage in this
right now there is a card 1050 ti percent i7-3770, 16 ram
or advise another video good
33 Comments
Sort by:
A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2
thanks for the info,
but in general should everything work fine?

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
...in general, everything should work fine?
I don’t know - first, make a calculation of energy consumption. Then it would be nice to check the PSU - if the program did not lie, and the voltages are actually such, it is better not to buy a new vidyukha until the problem is fixed. The current 1050 Ti according to the specifications consumes 75 W (if there is no overclocking), the 3050 has more "gluttony" - 130 W. If the PSU can pull out these additional 55 watts (and burn nothing at the same time), it will work.

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

Analius
Download HWInfo and look at the voltage on the 12v line in it

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Download HWInfo and look at the voltage on the 12v line in it Or
even better, install it so that it starts with Windows (sensors) and before turning off the computer, watch the minimum / maximum voltage values:
Spoiler
range exceeding 5% ...
Spoiler +3.3 V = 3.135 - 3.465 Volt
+5 V = 4.75 - 5.25 Volt
+12 V = 11.4 - 12.6 Volt
... BP - repair it yourself (without knowledge it’s better not to go inside), carry it in for repairs, or change it. A few days can save money, which will then have to be spent if the PSU burns out and (or) burns out part of the kit, possibly a new vidyukha.

A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2
I bought in short: D
everything works, I checked it, I tested a couple of games, it doesn’t heat up much

A
Analius 04.10.22

and what is better then to change the motherboard for the future?

A
Analius 04.10.22

thank you all for your advice :)

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.10.22

SonyK_2
And this, by the way, is 12v from the motherboard. And there is also 12v from the PSU. I don’t have such a sensor

S
Salyarych 04.10.22

Analius
Already ddr5 in everyday life, and you're still on ddr3. Of course, it is better to change the mother to ddr4, at least. And of course, prods too.
I don’t understand Intel at all, but for AMD I would recommend the R5 5600, on the asus rog strix mother with the x570 chipset.

t
trs12571 04.10.22

Damn guys, what the hell did you load him with all sorts of garbage here? 650w is enough for him to the ass, his whole system eats no more than 300-400, for some reason they strained it with 12V voltage. The fact that the interface is not PCIe 4.0 just the card will not work to all its capabilities. And so now the prices have fallen look at AM4 you can collect it for cheap, and if you have enough for your needs, then sit further on what you have.

A
Analius 04.10.22

trs12571
ahah)
well, suddenly the MB would have burned down, someone had a bad experience
and the prices dropped a lot, you need to take it until everything has grown back

A
Analius 04.10.22

SonyK_2
Denis Kyokushin

it's in normal idle mode
when I play, it heats up to 80 percent and the card is about 60-80 is this normal?

S
SonyK_2 04.10.22

Analius
Analius wrote:
...when I play, it heats up to 80% and the card is about 60-80 is this normal?
Depending on the loading of processors, vidyuhi, their cooling, ventilation of the case, the cleanliness of the kit (the absence of "felt boots" from dust), the temperature in the room - it may well be. Record the moment where this happens with hardware monitoring (MSI Afterburner, etc.), so that as many indicators as possible can be seen - loading, temperatures, etc.
Example:
If the frame rate limit is removed in the game, the video card will be loaded to the maximum (or almost to it), the CPU will also be loaded more. It prepares data for rendering frames by the video card. More frames per second = higher CPU load.