3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22 11:41 pm

FPS dropped sharply in Novigrad

Hello friends, in general, I messed up with nvidia, I don’t know what I was clicking. FPS in the game dropped to 50-57 jumps, before that it was 59-60. Help in any way you can. I'll try everything!

My PC is
1660 super 6 gb
r5 2600
16 gb
b450 aourus elite
12 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 08.10.22

Alexey Pyanov
Did you look at the temperature of the iron through Aida? Did you install any mods?

a
airstorm 08.10.22

Alexey Pyanov
Did you happen to update the driver before the FPS dropped? The latest version was released on August 9th. Our autocads had a couple of 1080Ti computers in Rage 2 that started to noticeably slow down after the update. The guys poked around by trial and error, then rolled back to the standard (not DCH!) version 472.12, turned off auto-update and continued to play.

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

lapwing mouse

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

The last thing I set, but everything was fine until I got into the nvidia settings

d
dizzy33 08.10.22

There's also a default settings button somewhere.

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

Yes, I set the button by default, it still jumps from 50-57

l
lapwing mouse 08.10.22

Aleksey Pyanov
Wow, how many mods????😲 Where do you get them!) And try to remove them for a while and run them without them, look at the performance result. I remember downloading mods for texture detailing, as a result, the temperature of the processor in Novigrad, especially near the port, began to jump from 65C to 89C !!!!

l
lapwing mouse 08.10.22

Aleksey Pyanov
Did you do a clean uninstall of the driver in safe mode using the Display Driver Uninstaller program? Then all settings in the video panel are reset to default. And also, when you install new ones, then check the clean installation box. And put, so that for sure the driver is one version less (previous) That is, those that are right behind yours.

A
ArkisH122 08.10.22

Alexey Pyanov
Can you feel the difference between 59-50 fps? I understand if it was 59-39, then yes, very uncomfortable.

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

ArkisH122
The game seems to stutter, well, such FPS drops are not normal

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

Well, I tried to install a clean version, yes it goes to 60, but I need mods, yes it's tough

A
Alexey Pyanov 08.10.22

Thank you guys for the solutions, everything turned out to be much easier, and not because of nvidia. The True Fires mod became the fault of the whole booth with FPS, with the drawdown mod and go. Topic closed