3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
chepsters 09.10.22 01:17 am

Map problem

Friends, good afternoon, there was a 1660 card and about i5 6600, the same darksols 3 was on ultra at 60 frames, I bought rx6750xt and became fps in ds3 40 on all graphics settings. What could be?
31 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lain Rain 09.10.22

chepsters
In other games everything is fine, only in DS3 the problem? If yes, then start the game in windowed mode (or if windowed mode is set, change it to full screen).

The second option, write in the search engine "DS3DebugFPS" and, for example, download files with additional settings on Nexusmods. Throw them into the folder with the game (Dark souls 3 / Game) and edit FPSconfig.ini by entering the desired FPS value in the appropriate section.

If the problem is observed in other games, then first check whether everything is in order with the temperatures of the GPU and CPU during operation, also pay attention to whether they reset the frequency.

The second option is to remove the drivers for a clean one, including old files from Nvidia firewood, using the Display Driver Uninstaller program (download to Wagnardsoft, as Nvidia recommends on reddit, so that you don’t accidentally install any banners in parallel with the software). Regarding the removal of firewood, the Internet, including YouTube, is full of guides, I think you will figure out where to press what.

And the third option is the problem in the BIOS of the motherboard. The motherboard, relatively new GPU, is quite old and may need a BIOS update for the mother. But here I am no longer an expert, for 17 years of using a PC, I have never somehow had a chance to update the BIOS. So, perhaps the rest of the forum users will read your post and say how much a bios update is an expedient solution in this case.

c
chepsters 09.10.22

Lain Rain
Thanks for the advice, I will try, in general, in all games such a story ...

c
chepsters 09.10.22

Unfortunately, nothing helped, well, I really didn’t sew the bios, now I’ll run it in a furmark, I’ll see how the frequencies will behave .. Or maybe it’s because of a weak processor such a story? Although the old vidyuha worked fine with him ..

L
Lain Rain 09.10.22

chepsters
In theory, the video card may be underloaded due to a weak processor, but definitely not so much that the performance would drop below 1660.

There is clearly a problem here.

c
chepsters 09.10.22

Lain Rain
in the evening I’ll generally drag her to a friend, he has normal iron, I’ll see how she behaves with him, and now I’ll throw off what will happen from the furmark

L
Lain Rain 09.10.22

chepsters
In addition to the furmark, I would also advise you to download some demanding game and see how busy the video card will be in conditions when the maximum is squeezed out of the processor, and of course, on the temperatures and frequency of the CPU and GPU during operation. This would be very informative, it would allow us to exclude the version with overheating and throttling for a start.

L
Lain Rain 09.10.22

chepsters
By the way, I'll throw in two more small ideas. Just in case you haven't done it yet.

Update Windows to the latest build and, if you have driver version 22.8.2, then try using the recommended driver 22.5.1 instead.

V
Vindicare 09.10.22

chepsters
Googled about VBS, maybe you need to disable it in Windows.
On my 6600xt with a 3700x process, the third souls went to 60 fps, while the map was loaded by 20-40% (fxd).

c
chepsters 09.10.22

This is generally from the furmark, everything is fine there, sort of like, if you set anti-aliasing 8 times, then 60 frames.

Here I played in DS3, the percentage is loaded, what a horror, this hasn’t happened since 1660, I xs, 6750 presses the authority on the percentage or what?)

As for VBS, Windows updates, it’s all done)

V
Vindicare 09.10.22

There is something strange with your system. The percent seems to be hammering into a hundred, but at the same time the temperatures are as if it is in complete idle. Some kind of fake load comes out. Maybe there really is some kind of miscontact between your old motherboard and a new card, the bios on the mother has gone crazy.

E
Evil in the flash 09.10.22

Vindikar
Yes, it's not strange, 4 cores, no threads. This video is too good for him. For 1660, of course, it was enough. Proc bottleneck in his system.

c
chepsters 09.10.22

Evil in the flash
tonight I'll check a friend's card, his hardware is good, if so, then I panicked in vain) but I hope it will be so

V
Vindicare 09.10.22

Evil in the flash
This i5 6600 (without K) calmly pulls DS3 in insta 60 fps with an average load of 50-60% per cent, there are videos on YouTube. And the temperature at such a load it keeps 45-50 degrees.
And then supposedly 100% load and such a low FPS, nonsense. Obviously some kind of glitch in the system occurs when a new card is installed.

c
chepsters 09.10.22

And this is how it works with my 1660, I just wrote it down ...

E

I5 6600 already with 1080 gtx hammered into a hundred, and rx 6750 xt will obviously be more powerful.

E

chepsters
Well, the processor behaves differently. And it doesn't hit a hundred.

V
Vindicare 09.10.22

Evil in the flash It doesn't
matter how this percentage behaves in other games, here we are talking specifically about DS3, in the video you posted there are not even tests with this game. DS3 this percent quietly pulls in 60 fps at 50-60% load, so why write that there is a bottleneck percent if it's not.

E

Vindikar
So the author writes that there are problems in other games.

c
chepsters 09.10.22

In other games, the same as in ds3, yes

E

Vindikar
But in general I agree, strange of course.