3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wheatley. 13.10.22 05:35 pm

Game on Radeons (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everyone,
A friend called me today so that we can test his new video card - Radeon R9 290X. Of course, I agreed: after all, my friend was the best, and there was a lot of room for verification.
With each new game, I was more and more surprised: my friend's old monitor produced such graphics that I saw only at rare exhibitions and commercials. The matter was approaching the middle of the day, we were already going to go for a walk, but a friend decided to show something that he himself had not even launched - The Witcher 3. He set all the settings to extreme, turned off the effects from Nvidia, and went. FPS was about 40 per eye, it was extremely pleasant to watch. And then I suggested that he turn on the effects from Nvidia. FPS dropped to 10-15, it was impossible to look at it. In the end, everything went only to the average. And this begs the question: why does a person, buying a top from AMD, which pulls GTA 5 almost at maximum, have to play the Witcher at settings similar to some GTX760? Can this be fixed somehow?

PS Drop dead effects, I especially liked the hair, although in humans the hair looked a little unnatural.
26 Comments
Sort by:
w
witchhunter 13.10.22

my friend's old monitor gave out such graphics
I cry ...

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Witchhunter
How would the computer give it out, but it was displayed on the monitor, right? It was expressed incorrectly, but otherwise it is quite difficult to describe it.

N
Northern Sky 13.10.22

Wheatley.
Since when did Zhta 5 become and similar shit become a trendsetter? Come on, indicators of corn 3 or battles 4 or something.

PS It's especially funny to read:
"And this begs the question: why does a person, buying a top from AMD, which pulls GTA 5 almost at maximum, have to play the Witcher at settings similar to some GTX760? Is it possible somehow to correct?"

s
skyangelsua 13.10.22

The Poles said that Nvidia did not give an open code for optimization, due to which AMD revolted that the game without Nvidia technologies worked stably at 40-60 FPS, after which AMD stated that this was Nvidia sabotage.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

NorthernSky
AMD almost always allowed others to use their technologies - the same Havok, with whom they became close friends, TressFX and so on.
As for Battle - almost weaving stable on ultra, Crysis - at a maximum of about 50-60.
He took this miracle for 15k, drove his friends in the store. New, not used.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

skyangelsua
Nvidia are impudent, but AMD does not move at all: everyone is waiting for their old video cards to be sold.

s
skyangelsua 13.10.22

I have an MSI 7850 OC running on high standards with NVIDIA HairWorks disabled, I don't understand why AMD didn't put their TressFX in.

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

Wheatley.
what the hell? I have 40-50 fps on r9 280 (without "X") all settings are on the extreme, except for diffuse dimming (SSMA is on) and without nvidia hairworks (off)

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

n0t1hing
Doesn't want AMD to die. Fan, in short.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Bupycop
Yes, I'm saying that if you play without Nvidia buns, then the game goes great, but if you turn it on, then the FPS drops. Maybe 10 seemed to me, but there it didn’t even reach 20.

k
koolzera 13.10.22

Aftor don't talk nonsense, everything works fine, all the sliders to the right, except for the hairline and the draw distance (high) ~ 40-55 fps! And this is at 7970 Mhz, by the way the hair "puts it on its knees" and tops from envidia, we are waiting for patch 1.04...

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

A3ON
What processor? A friend has an ancient i5-2600k, but he will probably be able to open this video card and pull the game.

k
koolzera 13.10.22

Wheatley.
Sorry, of course, but you seem to be far from iron;) or trolling!
-this CPU will be enough for games for more than one year, especially since it can be overclocked, it will even pull a cross from 290x!
I have i5 3570k...

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

A3ON
Yes, I understand, but I really saw how he starts everything (he even showed the device manager). Maybe some component in his computer has already burned out, overheating occurs, the motherboard fails in this way, and therefore nothing works ... I don’t know.

k
koolzera 13.10.22

what

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

A3ON Did
I express myself inaccurately? O_o

I
Ilya Kislov 13.10.22

Hmm... the vidyashka is the same... with 'hair' it gives out an average of 30, there are dips up to 24.
without hair 55-60

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Ilya Kislov
Why is this feature so buggy?

d
darkmoon light 13.10.22

Wheatley.
Listen. Write like normal, okay? You're not very good at using smart words.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

BlackMoonLight
My speech is so strange, I often correct myself)