3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wheatley. 13.10.22 05:35 pm

Game on Radeons (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everyone,
A friend called me today so that we can test his new video card - Radeon R9 290X. Of course, I agreed: after all, my friend was the best, and there was a lot of room for verification.
With each new game, I was more and more surprised: my friend's old monitor produced such graphics that I saw only at rare exhibitions and commercials. The matter was approaching the middle of the day, we were already going to go for a walk, but a friend decided to show something that he himself had not even launched - The Witcher 3. He set all the settings to extreme, turned off the effects from Nvidia, and went. FPS was about 40 per eye, it was extremely pleasant to watch. And then I suggested that he turn on the effects from Nvidia. FPS dropped to 10-15, it was impossible to look at it. In the end, everything went only to the average. And this begs the question: why does a person, buying a top from AMD, which pulls GTA 5 almost at maximum, have to play the Witcher at settings similar to some GTX760? Can this be fixed somehow?

PS Drop dead effects, I especially liked the hair, although in humans the hair looked a little unnatural.
26 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Yes, this is all a bespontovy topic, how will Nvidia wind up cool super chips for "show-offs" with graphics, so as a result only the FPS on top video cards sags (and although it shouldn't, because it makes sense to buy video pumps for a couple of mowers of greenery that do not live up to expectations)? I am an ardent opponent of nvidia, soon Dx12 is on the nose, so what? Will the requirements skyrocket? each "show off" topic from nvidia ends with a simple subsidence of fps, a non-show company, their only plus is that they release vidyahi with increased frequencies, but in general, nothing special IMHO, while AMD made a Mantle that really paints the graphics and stabilizes the fps ( I tried it on bf4/hardline, it's amazing) So just fuck with this Nvidia hairworks and live freely

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Alexander5050
Yes, I've already decided to take the GTX 970. I'm a fan of AMD, but now there is a period when the 970 is tearing up the Radeon top for a relatively lower price, and waiting for Fiji for about a couple of months ... It's a shame, of course, but it always happened in life, that he took the damn Huangs.

A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Wheatley.
Yes, I don’t argue, because Radical boobies won’t release video cards with normal frequencies in any way, they constantly have 1000/5000 Processor and memory frequencies, while NVIDIA makes 1200/7000 (7200), but AMD’s graphics chips are better, because nvidia does not fumble what it does, stuffs shit and advertises they say wow how many show-offs buy me) otherwise you can buy a top-end radiator with excellent cooling, preferably with the best, and turn on the power from the legon, and you will be mega happy, mutant in the box)

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Alexander5050
Et yes) But Nvidia has a lot of show-off chips for gamers, and Radik has more for miners, professionals and other guys, because. they masturbate for math in their video cards, and Nvidia often cuts these blocks

A
Alexander5050 13.10.22

Wheatley.
well)) then I will become a miner)))))))))))))))))))))

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Alexander5050
It's too late, right now you need to burn a couple of Radikovs in order to earn at least a hundred dollars