3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dimaboss1_ 13.10.22 10:08 pm

Friezes in the game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

my config: amd fx 6300 4.0 ghz, gtx 770 2 gb, 8 gb ram, bp 500 watts, I play almost at ultra fps from 30 or more but often freezes especially when I just loaded a save or when Geralt cuts someone with a sword, and even when I start to use magic for the first time after loading a save, what's the problem?
38 Comments
Sort by:
d
dimaboss1_ 13.10.22

my config: amd fx 6300 4.0 ghz, gtx 770 2 gb, 8 gb ram, bp 500 watts, I play almost at ultra fps from 30 or more but often freezes especially when I just loaded a save or when Geralt cuts someone with a sword, and even when I start to use magic for the first time after loading a save, what's the problem?

G
GAZIK GAZIKOVICH 13.10.22

dimaboss1
hair problem
whatever that means

N
Negih 13.10.22

dimaboss1
Lower the settings to medium - high. I really think that people somewhere ... have slowed down in development. I bought a PC for 40K - play like on a PC for 40K, bought for 100K - play like for 100K.
Turn the grass distance drawing to medium. Remove hair simulation: +5-10 frames guaranteed.
PS. At the very 8320 + 970. On Uber settings 23-30 frames, at the entrance to the building it drops to 8. I set the grass to high and turned off the hair and lo and behold! 60 frames stable. This is despite the fact that I play at a slightly higher resolution than FullHD (1920x1200)

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

Negih
I have exactly the same situation with any graphics settings. And if I were you, I'd lower my self-esteem. “slowed down in development ..” You didn’t even understand the situation, but you’re already pouring shit.

T
Thorgal 13.10.22

Today I specifically looked at YouTube for two different let's players pieces of the series. Both of them have the same microfreezes that I have. People just don't pay attention to them.

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

Thorgal
Do you also have microfreezes when dismemberments occur?

d
dimaboss1_ 13.10.22

NikmasS
also noticed them when ghosts appear from behind, do you have the same?

l
lordstmm 13.10.22

Computer intel i5-4.2 GHz, 12gb of RAM and graphics card Radeon hd 6950 overclocked to 900/1500. All settings are at minimum and the game gives out 20-30 fps with wild friezes, did I do something wrong or is it supposed to be with my hardware?

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

Tender thighs
30 fps is not lag. And this is not lag at all, but not understandable crap with the game.

N
Negih 13.10.22

NikmasS
It's not about "self-esteem", but the fact that setting the graphics to ULTRA, you will be surprised at the lags! Even my 100% ultra does not produce FPS norms. And at the expense of “You didn’t even understand the situation,” I will answer this way. For about 5 years, we have been solving similar problems with the guys on another forum. So I have enough experience. I can explain what could be the problem.
When loading the game, the textures are loaded into memory and because of this, lags. Faster memory + CPU = less lag and faster loading.
When cutting, algorithms can be used, which incl. after the FIRST chopping (the engine is written this way, for example), which also leads to microlag, the same applies to magic. For a person with a 6300 processor, I recommend resetting the frequencies to the standard ones. If it does not help, then reduce the resolution by 1 step and play. Further lowering the graphics settings

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

dimaboss1
Yes, almost under any circumstances, microfreezes.

o
oleglogan 13.10.22

the same config and overclocking, at medium high 20-35 fps (smooth), on roller skates sometimes sags up to 18

N
Negih 13.10.22

Gentle thighs
Well, he has an excellent computer. If we take pentiums for 0%, and i7 with 980 for 100%, then it is in the region of 80-85%, which corresponds to max settings with some reductions. You just need to set the settings lower and check.

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

Negih
And the turbo boost on Intel is also overclocking?

l
lordstmm 13.10.22

mb I'm something of a krivoruk then ...

o
oleglogan 13.10.22

2gb card?

N
NikmasS 13.10.22

Negih
If you leave the frequency at 3.6 (if possible), will it help? She jumps to 3.8.

l
lordstmm 13.10.22

Yes

o
oleglogan 13.10.22

maybe it's the firewood, I have 15.4 beta.

N
Negih 13.10.22

NikmasS
Yes, but a slightly different "algorithm" is used there, and if, say, the game does not load the percent for 5-10 minutes, then it will reset the frequencies, and then, when loaded, will raise it again. Turbo is good for video editing/encoding, etc. In games, it rarely works as it should. Easier to block boost and overclock