3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
penoplastik 13.10.22 10:31 pm

GTX 760 FPS Problem [Solution] (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I own this card myself.
Yesterday there were freezes up to 30 fps in the city at the lowest graphics settings. Today I play on high (textures on the outrageous) and the game gives out 60 fps and up to 50 in the city (only up to 50). In buildings fps 70-80. I watched a video recently, where the guy could not get enough of the fact that this card gives out 50-60 fps at 720p. So, I have FullHD (1920x1080). If you have a lower resolution, then the increase in fps is likely to be even greater. ;)
So, what is needed for this:
1) With the help of CPU-Control, I allocated all 4 cores to the game. It didn't help much, to be honest.
2) I overclocked the video to 350-450 Mhz (!!) This removed the fps drops. Overclocked by Nvidia inspector. Do not drive immediately up to 450, my game crashed.
3) AVG TuneUp program Someone already created a theme with it. Dig into this program thoroughly, there are many functions, the computer can be thoroughly cleaned of trash. So, the program really helped. FPS has gone up. + In the program there is a turbo mode, I also turned it on.
4) It is advisable to turn off the antivirus, if you have Kaspersky, it eats normally. But this is already, if the percentage does not pull the game.
Hope this mini guide helps you.
That's all, I hope that all this will help you too.
ps At one time, the Inquisition gave out 40-50 fps, the Witcher was pleasantly surprised, although at the first start it was saddened by 30 fps.
26 Comments
Sort by:
M
MassChester87 13.10.22

penoplastik It's
good if it helped, but I don't understand how CPU-Control and AVG TuneUp will help in The Witcher 3, the game is optimized for the processor just fine, but for the video card these programs are simply useless. Only overclocking can help here.

P
PAWEEL 13.10.22

penoplastik
Now let's look at your advice.
MassChester87
I don't really understand what you mean by excellent optimization for the processor, but I think that the load of 20-30% on all cores, while the vidyuha is 99% loaded at any settings, is not entirely correct. And judging by the reviews, this is the case for many.

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

PAWEEL
20-30% for all cores, while the vidyuha is 99%
This is the indicator, the processor copes with the game, but the video card is not enough.
I wonder if there is any way in the game to reduce tessellation or disable it altogether?

P
PAWEEL 13.10.22

MassChester87
Personally, I think it's nonsense, because how can the 760th be missed even for minimal wages, I don't understand!?
It's a matter of a crooked optimization. Case 1-2 patches
Regarding tessellation, it may be worth digging into the configs.

G
GONE TO DTF 13.10.22

penoplastik
I overclocked the video card to 350-450 Mhz

, I think that this is purely the case.
although 60 fps is high on this map. even with overclocking.
hard to believe.

As for optimization in general:
I don't understand.
You go into an open field - 60 fps you
go into the village - immediately 50 fps.
you reduce the range of drawing grass (being in the same village) - 55 fps.

what is addiction? as if in the villages the grass is hidden in the huts.

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

PAWEEL
Personally, I think that it's nonsense, because how can the 760th be missed even for minimal wages, I don't understand!?
I don’t understand this either, especially since the difference at high and low does not really affect the number of frames, it is there, but not big.

p
penoplastik 13.10.22

lookaway
"reduce grass draw distance (while in the same village) - 55 fps."
By the way. Some kind of mystic. Today I also conjured with the settings, I noticed this. Even in The Witcher 3 Wild Huntbinconfigbaserendering.ini you can try to lower the GlobalOceanTesselationFactor option. Initially it costs 10. I immediately set it to zero, and the FPS became just 60 absolutely everywhere. BUT you can't see anything in the distance. Those. everything is dark, mountains / forests are invisible, etc. You can try to lower the function a little bit, I think the FPS will increase, without much loss of picture quality.

H
Holy cake 13.10.22

Can anyone explain to me why the vidyuhi frequency in the vicera is only 938 MHz? If you enter the menu, the frequency rises to 1117, in the same GTA 5, for example, the frequency of the card hangs stably at 1250, as it should be. Is it really possible to get 60 fps out of 770 at flash resolution and high settings? It seems that playing simply does not allow the card to take normal frequencies, some kind of nonsense.

G
GONE TO DTF 13.10.22

penoplastik
mm, interesting, I have to look

at Holycake ,
I play on 770 gaming from msi in OC mode (1215 mhz).
in the post-process everything is included and hbao, in general it is sadder.
I removed the shadows to a minimum, because the difference is 0, but it eats notably.
the density of the grass to a minimum is the same.
water to medium (out of harm's way)
and vegetation rendering distance to medium (the most voracious option after hair).
the rest is high.
as a result, the average fps in the field is 52-55
in cities 46-51.
if you remove the vegetation rendering range to a minimum, then +5 fps.

like it's normal, but it's like it's not.
by the way. the difference between "medium" and "high" in the grass rendering distance is no longer 5, but 2-3 frames.

p
penoplastik 13.10.22

In general, it's cool that the developers made such a detailed graphics setting through configs, in a couple of weeks configs will begin to appear that disable unnecessary crap, and I think that stable 60 fps with a good picture can be achieved)

H
Holy cake 13.10.22

lookaway
The settings are identical to yours. The game just refuses to use the GPU frequency. 938 MHz out of 1250, I really don’t understand how this happens, I have never seen such garbage.
Do you have a license?
upd: I'm standing in a field where there is not a single live game - 40 fps, 888 MHz GPU frequency, I'm already starting to bomb wildly from this

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

I wrote penoplastik
, the moderators deleted the current :)

p
penoplastik 13.10.22

Holycake low
frequency too. I generally overclock to 1400+. try to disperse the program itself. I don’t know why your video card doesn’t work for all MHz o.o

M
MrSmoke67 13.10.22

GTX660
i5 3470
8gb ram
As I understand it, in the game only the resolution greatly affects the FPS, it practically does not care about raising / lowering the graphics settings.
Those. I played at a resolution of 1920x1080, it was 35-45 fps (50+ in some places), and I set the lock to 30 fps, because it's more playable than when it jumps from 45 to 30. FPS is the same at low settings as at medium-high.
I set it to 1280x1024, stable 60-70 fps, with the same medium high, in order not to spit from the stretched picture, I had to put the old monitor. So if you need fps so much, reduce the resolution, there is no sense in reducing the settings, from medium to low, a maximum of 5-6 fps will be added.

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

I have MassChester87
lookaway
on my 760 and with tune up without overclocking and turbo modes, high settings, exorbitant detail, water, number of people, HBAO and all post processing (albeit without hairworks but with vert. sync.), fps did not detect anything but it is clear to the eye that there is 50 fps in the first village, then lookaway has not yet passed

G
GONE TO DTF 13.10.22

Holycake
Yes, the penoplastik Steam license

I'm afraid that the cooling will not cope.
it heats up to 75 at 100% load now

H
Holy cake 13.10.22

lookaway Are the
drivers new? Or since the release of GTA?

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

SaDaR
but you can see by eye that there are 50 fps in the first village
With such settings in full HD? To the eye, this is not an indicator.
tune up cannot affect the performance of the video card in any way!

G
GONE TO DTF 13.10.22

Holycake
new

V
Vanek2707 13.10.22

Holycake The game simply refuses to use GPU frequency. 938 MHz out of 1250

I had a similar experience. Possibly not enough power. I set the Power Limit to +20% in Afterburner, it helped.