3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sneaking dumpling 13.10.22 11:12 pm

Are games art?

Here people have an absolutely simple question. Do you consider games to be art. For example, yes, walking both seasons. The wolf among us. Mass effect trilogy. In my opinion, these games will give a hundred points odds to any movie!
43 Comments
Sort by:
s
sneaking dumpling 13.10.22

Self-Murderer And here is degradation. If in real life I would have a crooked man's head, I do it in the game too. Ivan Vasilievich is changing his profession. Well, with degradation, you don’t get drunk.

I
I'm passing by 13.10.22

Self-Murderer
tastes like baking, not human.

C
Camper88 13.10.22

Creativity is called art - the creation of beauty through fantasy. The creation of games is creativity, since it is the imaginary work of artists, screenwriters, animators, programmers. Therefore, games have long been art.

r
rPeBoJL 13.10.22

sneaking
mass dumpling quickly merges into trash. brings up not high good light, but on the contrary adapts to simplifies degrades along with the target audience

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.10.22

sneaking dumpling
Vanya you are our man...
Of course, thank you. It is flattering to hear such an assessment from such an enlightened person in the arts, but ... No, thanks again, I'm somehow on my own.
why should I write Malevich's last name with a capital letter
Well, probably simply because capital letters are used to distinguish proper names from all others. It's just one of the rules of the Russian language. Do you respect Russian?
And I'm a simple man...
Who would doubt...
...if I see shit, I say this shit.
Dude, you can call anyone shit. Your right. Just remember that others have the same rights. It's democracy, damn it...
...well, you don't fuck with degradation.
That's what modern art critics are good for, so it's imagery and richness of speech. Heh heh...

n
northern alcoholic 13.10.22

At first, the thought arose that yes, but after reading the comments ... It is doubtful, maybe it is.

s

Vanya Rygalov Well, damn it, my wife got me with smart conversations. It's just that if there is a picture of the Battle on the Kulikovo field or a banal deuce again.

Vanya Rygalov Do not touch the gods of speech! Or are you an MP?

ironHAMMER.ms Here you are wrong, domestic Shylov This is super.

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.10.22

sneaking dumpling
Well, damn it, my wife got me with smart conversation.
You are lucky to have a smart wife. But she, alas, was less fortunate ...
Goddess of speech? Heh heh...

S
Shine 13.10.22

sneaking dumpling
I politely asked to give my own definition of the concept of art and identify the criteria by which you attribute anything to it, well. It is rather problematic to somehow discuss with a person on a topic that he is not able to identify. But don't care.
In fact, I do not understand the reasons for creating a topic. If this is such subtle tolling, then it is bad, because even I did not bomb, as a second-year student at an art university. If the topic is serious, then, judging by the comment above, you really do not care, which leads to the first.

s

Vanya Rygalov Vanya, why do you think that you are smarter than me. Don't you think that you think it sucks? Or are you sure that Malevich is an art? I'm just saying that there is a genius. We had such a Gaidai. And just a series with Bezrukov. A district police officer in the village. And of course Shukshin. Although you hardly read it. .And you, Vanya, would go to the bathhouse!!

And why do I think. Mass Effect is art. There is friendship, real friendship. What we all want. Unfortunately, this is only a dream.

V
Vanya Rygalov 13.10.22

I believe that Crouching Dumpling is much smarter than me, tens of billions of times. After all, I am an idiot, an absolute cretin, a dense, illiterate woodpecker, my mind and my intellect are comparable only to the mind of a canary. In practice, its value tends to zero.

G
GeimeR1000000000X 13.10.22

Are games art?
Oh yes, very large and complex art.

B
Bandera John 13.10.22

As for me, idiocy. Games and art have nothing in common

R
Redkin_Stanislav 13.10.22

As far as I'm concerned, yes. But each opinion and vision of art is very different ..

A
AT_Sagor 13.10.22

You don’t know how it used to be, but in our time, one gets the impression that art is the ability to profitably sell a product, no matter which one.
So what is game art? Recouped expenses and made a profit - art; brought losses - rubbish.

T
Terving 13.10.22

at_sagor
And the cinema? Where is the line between consumer goods, sausage and an excellent film (piece "goods"). Moreover, the industry itself (games) is made in order to sell, to make money on what people know how to do. Maybe the word Art is not very suitable here, but some games get out of the flow, you want to replay them, survive them. As well as with good books, films, music.

A
AT_Sagor 13.10.22

Terving
From the point of view of our god "Denga" (aka "Kapusty Bablets") everything that has paid for itself and made a profit is art. No, well, if you are interested in the opinion of a person who is not obsessed with money, then I will say this: "everything that is dear to my heart is art." What is "my" art for others, then I somehow don't give a damn, anyway, more than a baseless dispute about tastes, this will not outgrow.

W
William Bigkartoshkafri N 13.10.22

Yes, but not all developers know

a
alma3884052 13.10.22

Conservatives believe that games are rubbish that clogs children's brains and accustoms them to violence. Good thing I'm not a conservative. A hundred years ago, films were not perceived as art, but all thanks to these same old people who sat on the benches and shouted "in our time there was no such nonsense, people admired the pictures," but what now? And now films are related to art in the same way as books, paintings and sculptures. So in five years (yes, I'm an optimist) and games without disputes will be considered art.

E
EnglishQuaker 13.10.22

Vanya Rygalov Vanya you are our man, I understood this when you left comments about the Inquisition. Tell me why I should write Malevich's last name with a capital letter. Let Ksyusha Sobchak do it. .

Because Vanya Rygalov, as I noticed, only shows empty snobbery. Better without intelligence than with a claim to it.

---

I would say that games are intellectual activities, even commercial ones, unlike commercial movies.