3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mikhail Krachun 13.10.22 11:31 pm

Same FPS on different settings (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

At extreme and low settings, the same low FPS is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M video card, Intel core i5 3.4 GHz processor
It seems to be normal components, but it lags even at low ones. What should I do and how to fix it?
25 Comments
Sort by:
g
generek1 13.10.22

wait for patches

g
gerasader 13.10.22

the point is in the hardware, more precisely in the M series of this hardware. The game is not friendly with mobile hardware at all, so it gives the same FPS, and equally bad FPS on all settings. Simply because she can't give more than that. And below does not give because of the processor (for laptops with such a card, they are 4-core). Therefore, regardless of the settings, there will be a fixed fps, but I advise you to play at low ones, otherwise a joke will happen and everything will burn

T
Traun 13.10.22

Mikhail Krachun
Do you hope to play normally on a laptop?

M
Mikhail Krachun 13.10.22

I have a monoblock ... Traun

T
The_Snake 13.10.22

genarek1 The
patches will not fix the issue in the engine, I have the same problems with the second witcher and they are not solvable. Although they might fix it.

g
gerasader 13.10.22

The_Snake
pray that firewood, patches, etc. will be released later. Look how they optimized the second one before they wanted to release it on poppies, where the code was rewritten so badly that FPS sags on ultra computers

T
The_Snake 13.10.22

gerasader
In short, everything repeats again

g
gerasader 13.10.22

The_Snake
Well, why be surprised? this is standard procedure. All the same, before that, all tests were on approximately the same hardware in one place, but now they play on everything they can and where they can (the release of a single-player game as the beginning of the OBT). They finish 100%

R
Riddick00x 13.10.22

gerasader
Yes, I recently played The Witcher 3, I tested it, so to speak, I play on medium, everything is average, all additional settings are on, I locked the frame rate at 30fps, because if the frequency is higher, then it will be really uncomfortable to play and there will be friezes. While still in the beginning, the frame rate is 27-30 frames, which seems to be playable. He completed training, killed ghouls, rode a horse to the first villager, he hadn’t run into the city yet.
mobile video card GTX770M, drivers 350.12.
I will shamanize, install new drivers and overclock the video card, if you are interested, I will unsubscribe. Approximately I will raise the frequency of the video card by 200Hz.

g
gerasader 13.10.22

Riddick00x
install 356 firewood. they are under the witcher and there is under your card, they will slightly increase the fps. See if patch 1.02 is worth it, and overclock very carefully, add additional. cooling (fan to the grate), turn off the highworks altogether (it eats almost 20 fps)

T
Traun 13.10.22

Mikhail Krachun
I didn't know that monoblocks have mobile vidyuhi.
But the result is the same - the mobile vidyuha does not pull. 2 years ago I took a laptop with a gtx650m, at best everything worked on medium AC Black Flag most settings on low

G
Grimgash 13.10.22

gerasader
New drivers only make things worse, believe me. The "lucky" owner of the GTX-770 himself. So - stable 20-25 fps on any settings with new firewood, and 30 fps with old ones. What is ultra, what is not - it still lags.

B
Ben121212 13.10.22

The thing is in the video card, for example, I got stable 60fps without drawdowns, with disabled "work with hair" (these stupid chips from nividia only kill fps), if you turn on these "hair / wool", then the fps jumps from 37 to 60, but this not critical in principle, since it does not fall below 30, but as you know, not 30 fps is noticeable, but its jumps, so that with a stable 30 fps it is more pleasant to play than with an unstable 30-60 fps.

D
Denv3r 13 13.10.22

Guys, who will tell you that in the video settings - the general one is enabling / disabling the "hardware cursor" option, with the option enabled, the mouse moves noticeably smoother, but I don’t understand if this somehow affects the graphics? Who is the expert in this?

R
Riddick00x 13.10.22

gerasader
I immediately cut down the drawing of the hair.
I tested it, raised the frequency by 200Hz, it turns out from 706 to 900. And the memory frequency by 1000. In general, it became much more comfortable to play, in the village, the first missions, a tavern, where my frame rate dropped, without overclocking to 20 frames on street 24 -27 frames, found the place where the lowest fps was. After overclocking, it became much more comfortable to play 30 frames on the street in the village stably. in the tavern, the frame rate dropped to 24 fps.
So it turns out that if I overclock my 770M to the level of 870M, then it will be easy to play on medium.
New drivers, nevertheless, did not make it worse, even a little better.
But the hope for a patch and additional settings still remains that they will correct the situation.

k
kievitter 13.10.22

In any case, I'll wait 2-3 patches, then I'll play...

B
Ben121212 13.10.22

Denv3r 31
, as the name implies, affects only the mouse cursor, does not affect overall performance.

D
Denv3r 13 13.10.22

Ben121212 Thank you)) just with the option turned off, the mouse moves very slowly across the screen, as if the game slows down such a feeling, although it is on ultra itself, I change it to on. and the mouse quickly runs around the screen))) strange)) that's why I thought that this is a graphic option that my 980GTX does not pull))

O
Odysseus1234 13.10.22

Ben121212
how did you get your hair done?

B
Ben121212 13.10.22

Andrey Grishman
Did not remove the hair, but turned it off in the Hair works options