3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 21.10.22 11:10 am

Your feedback and reviews for the game (Scorn)

We share our impressions of the full version of the game. This is not a topic for discussing the game, here you need to write only your personal impressions of the game.
44 Comments
Sort by:
m
macsim702 25.10.22

Ashley33
These unfortunate tags in the first 15 minutes of the game almost finished me off too. But still mastered it stuffy. Further simpler riddles from the series find something, I don’t know what and insert it there, I don’t know where. There are no notes, no codes in the game, the whole game is purely on a mediative level, you have to think it out yourself.

K
KoToFeeich 29.10.22

To understand what the game is about in general, it is necessary to study the art without fail, and then play it. There are many explanations there. The art has a description of each weapon, location and lore of the game. Taken out of context (the translation of the art is amateur, so the translation may not be accurate and it's better to read the original):
Spoiler Scorn's premise is built around a set of themes, and one of them inspired the main character's design. the main idea was physical embodiment and being (existence in the world), says Lubomir Peklar. We wanted to show what it means to have a body in this world and how it is connected with the environment. the development team itself. The third and final theme crucial to Scorn's lead role is rebirth. The idea of ​​rebirth is more powerful than the
birth because you are changing dramatically and you are aware of those changes Peklar says. I wanted to explore
the loss of control over my own body, which is why the parasite exists because it controls you and
all your functions. The Parasite in Scorn is a character in its own right, and once encountered, acts as a
companion of sorts throughout the journey. This ruthless creature, at first elongated and
like a snake, gradually becomes larger and stronger as you go deeper into the darkness.
The main character and protagonist are in symbiosis. Without the parasite, the protagonist would be defenseless, but Akovich's evolutionary designs paint a disturbing picture of what will happen if these relationships are left unchecked, and
the parasite will be allowed to feed on someone without restriction. Hungry claws rip and rip flesh while a bloodlust-ridden parasite that eventually devours its prey and assimilates what's left of the body. We abandoned the idea that all elements of the game world should be understandable," says Akovich about starting work on this unique world Not only for the players but also for ourselves Some people don't get it They demand an explanation How is it done, by whom and for what purpose So the creation of Scorn was not a methodically planned process, it was a set of ideas that Peklar wanted to express and develop.There was no written plot, says Akovic.It was the brainchild of pure inspiration: he [game director Lubomir Peklar] presented his ideas to me and we started to discuss. I made some sketches to understand what kind of world it will be and how it will look like. There were several dozen of these topics. Many of these are only visible on a few locations, environments, or creatures, but three of them are central and run through the entire design of the game: existence, entropy, and the relationship between man and technology. You just came into the world in an incomprehensible and mysterious world, like all of us, Peklar says about the mentioned theme of existence. ;And everything is connected with our existence,; This connection with the fact of our existence is decisive. entropy and the relationship between man and technology. You just came into the world in an incomprehensible and mysterious world, like all of us, Peklar says about the mentioned theme of existence. ;And everything is connected with our existence,; This connection with the fact of our existence is decisive. entropy and the relationship between man and technology. You just came into the world in an incomprehensible and mysterious world, like all of us, Peklar says about the mentioned theme of existence. ;And everything is connected with our existence,; This connection with the fact of our existence is decisive.
After showing the early concepts of the game, many called her world alien. This is not true. concludes Peklar. This is an extrapolation of our real world, we just brought it to the absolute.

T
TopPCGamer 29.10.22

In short - a fierce trash

-
-Raixs- 16.11.22

As for me, the top thing, I really liked Scorn. The style, atmosphere, locations, weapons, interaction with "mechanisms", music - everything is at the highest level, I can't even imagine how difficult it was to model all these zones and fill them in such a way that they do not get out of the chosen art design. I also liked the riddles, in the local surroundings they look pretty fresh. My favorite episode in the game is when you walk on the surface (It's amazing how, with the inhospitable and intimidating first zone, the artists were able to show an even more alien territory outside the complex, wandering around which you want to come back. But when you return, you already want to back to the surface)), and in the last act there are a lot of unexpected scenes that I liked, for example, this one:

Just an amazing moment, and even in those seconds you seem to feel the thoughts of the hero, which can be thought out in a variety of directions.

The only negative is the duration with which the game has one unpleasant snag: when you do not select the last level for the key (whoever played will understand). It seems to be on the screen, but you don’t get it, the game ends on the previous one, which is very frustrating. Well, the artbook, of course. Just like with Death Stranding, like with Fallout 4, you feel a strong sadness about how much is cut in the course of development and how much more beautiful these games could be if they completely corresponded to their artbooks. Scorn also did not do without cutting out locations, which affected its short duration (it would have been 2-3 hours and it would have been ideal).

Definitely a cool and memorable project, this has been very lacking in recent years.