3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 21.10.22 11:21 am

Game randomly crashes (Driver: Parallel Lines)

Another old game and another problem. The game randomly crashes to the desktop, with an error about the termination of the application. Departures are random. Can happen while completing missions, driving around the open world, but most often they occur when exiting the main menu or choosing the option to restart the mission from the pause menu.

The version of the game is complete, but pirated, completely in Russian, including voice acting. I downloaded a repack from qoob, in the description of which it is written that this is a GOG version of the game without DRM protection. I searched for a solution to the problem on the Internet, but no solution helps. Basically, it is advised to set compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and run as administrator in the "compatibility" tab, but, as I said, it did not help. I even saw advice that said that you need to set compatibility with Windows 98, but this did not help me either, because then the game refuses to start at all. In the incentive I also found advice where the author of the article recommends downloading a certain D3D9 dll file and dropping it into the game folder. But honestly, I don't want to download suspicious files that I'm not even sure will help.

All the necessary components for the game, such as DirectX and other things, have long been installed. Also, during the game, from time to time there are small loads, during which the game freezes for a second, but then continues to work. And it feels like the game is loading something on the go. But what exactly is difficult to understand. In short, we need help in solving this problem. Maybe someone has come across and knows how to solve this problem. The game is launched on Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate.
22 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
I'll play enough and all this will fall into disrepair, and I will have to redo everything back.
It is not necessary to remake it back, it must be left for other old games, since this computer is only suitable for old games.

M
Max P 20.01.23

By the way, the game works fine on win 10, downloaded, installed, launched and no dancing with a tambourine, the game supports 16: 9 monitors and full hd resolution.
Spoiler