3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
6654346677 21.10.22 12:07 pm

Gaming monitors

ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QR monitor is it worth buying such a monitor and what does adaptive sync mean, will there be g sync and freesync
There is another option ASUS VG248QG monitor Tell me
which one is better to take and can you please explain why this one needs to be taken
9 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dakini 21.10.22

I myself am sitting on a Philips bought for 5 thousand in 2012 with a resolution of full age and I do not experience any problems, just think why throw out 20 pieces for a monitor with a high hertz? To me, it's just marketing. And about the technology of g-sink-to-sink read on the Internet yourself, no one will do anything for you.

l
longerr2007 21.10.22

It is desirable to take with a shorter response time (1-2).

Spoiler

6654346677 21.10.22

Dakini
This site was created to explain and advise others, you stupid child

m
mrKaktak 21.10.22

Dakini
Don't tell me, it's much more comfortable for me to play at 144 Mhz, the smoothness is even smoother))))

r
requiemmm 21.10.22

At 144 MHz? This is an amateur range of 2 meters, not a monitor screen refresh rate :)

In order for a monitor with an increased refresh rate to show itself, the entire system must produce these FPS without drawdowns. That is, if you have 40 fps in games at 1030 on a good day with a fair wind, buying a cool monitor is money thrown into the trash.

V
Vindicare 21.10.22

6654346677 Do
not even consider buying a second monitor, the TN matrix is ​​​​that burp with a poor vertical viewing angle, where the bottom is overexposed and the top is darkened. Sat on a similar Monica, that hat.
Adaptive sync is essentially a freesync that works on all video cards. Nice feature, a million times better than normal v-sync.
Asus tuff is a normal average monitor, everything is with him. There is another option with LG ultragear, essentially the same shoe, but + some kind of HDR, but it costs one and a half pieces more. If you don't need it, take Asus tufa. At one time I took Ultragear gn600-b as a second monitor for 18k, it's quite normal for monitors.
I'll give you another piece of advice - don't set the monica settings to fast response speed. There will be trails on moving objects. It is better to leave this parameter in the middle value. And when you adjust the brightness, turn it down to 0, and then gradually increase it until you feel comfortable. That's right, not the other way around. At too high brightness, the IPS matrix will cause discomfort to the eyes with too bright white light. If you set it up right, you'll rock.

W
WAFFeN WolF 21.10.22

VG259QR: IPS, 8bit, 1ms = Nice juicy picture, perfect for single games!
VG248QG: TN, 6bit+FRC, 0.5ms = For online games, that's it!
So decide!

Will iron pull 165 Hz?
Are you considering only ASUS and what is your budget?

P / S - At the IPS itself, 8bit + FRC, 144 Hz, 1 ms, I play everything and I'm fine!

B
Botponevole 16.11.22

Loken wrote:
, the TN matrix is ​​u200bu200bthat still belching
But the eyes are whole, shim ips can be harmful, albeit individually, but it causes dry eye syndrome

L
Loken 16.11.22

Botponevole
Now almost all monitors are flicker free, the problem of shim has long been solved.
But the syndrome "God, what the hell did I buy" when buying a TN can very well be, especially if you have used IPS, PLS, VA before.
SpoilerHere is a clear example of image distortion on a TN matrix.

Accordingly, when you look from top to bottom, the image, on the contrary, is illuminated. And for this you don’t need to directly change the angle a lot, even just sitting in front of a 24+ inch monitor at a distance of 50-70 cm, this effect is clearly visible.
Here is an even more illustrative example, rewind to 2:10, on the left - TN, on the right - IPS.

And this feature of the TN matrix, as it was 10 years ago, is the way it is now and it will not go anywhere.
Now there is no point in buying HP, IPSovki now almost do not lag behind HP in response speed. If you are an e-sportsman (real, not indoor) and you have a 240+ monitor, then you can still think about buying a TN monitor of the Zowie XL2546K level and higher, otherwise no, no and no. Although for a price of 40k+, like the above-mentioned monitors, there have been 360 hertz monitors on IPS for a long time, for example, Acer Nitro XV252QFbmiiprx and some pro-players are already switching to such monitors.