3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Legat392 21.10.22 01:24 pm

(Spoilers) Episode 2 plot discussion (Life is Strange)

Here you can share your impressions about the second episode. What made you happy and what upset you. The most memorable moments and their consequences. In general, your impression.

EPISODE 2 PASS
30 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nemesis 21.10.22

Not bad. I went all over again, spent 4 hours on the episode. And I poked help to Alyssa at the beginning and Warren in the chem lab at the end. I did not find one photo, with a bone. I will still search.

And so, the plot is interesting, the game is very atmospheric, such a life, the only negative is that the soundtrack is much worse than in the first part. There were simply masterpieces.

S
StaticSaysMyNamE 21.10.22

The second episode, in my opinion, came out better than the first, although not, not so ... as excellent as the first, there are a lot of emotions ... especially at the end I got a little crazy, of course, from surprise (whoever played will understand what I mean, I don’t want to spoil it) ... but in general the game comes out sooo atmospheric, even eerily atmospheric, with its interesting characters and seemingly mundane situations, but it turned out to be quite entertaining to play them, perhaps one of the few games where the atmosphere is displayed so brilliantly when help not only the plot, but also sounds, music and graphics .... speaking of soundtracks: they came out a little worse than in the first episode, but they still hold the bar .... in short, the second episode came out great ... I hope the French don’t will lose this atmosphere in future episodes and will not turn the game into something futuristic, otherwise, everything is going tothat I will see some kind of flying saucer with which Michael Bay will blow everything around at the end of the game

k
kuzia 21.10.22

In the end, it was hard to choose who to blame. It seems that Nathan is not to blame for what happened to Kate (but now the janitor has fallen under suspicion, because Kate said that the one who took her to the "hospital" had a soft voice, and the janitor is just like that), the guard (stepfather), although he is a goat, he is still a good man. Well, there is nothing for the teacher yet, although he may turn out to be a bad boy. PS I found all the pictures (a picture with a bone can be taken at a diner if you go up to the fence and take a picture of a dog), but I forgot to warn the girl about the danger in the form of toilet paper (something private is flying into her head).

N
Nemesis 21.10.22

There is one consideration regarding the plot. Not mine, spied in the Steam society. I'll hide it under a spoiler, if anything

Spoiler In short, in the second episode, Chloe dies already twice. Once again from a bullet, and the wound is identical to the first, and the second time - from a train. There is a feeling that despite the fact that Max is trying to prevent events, Chloe still has to die and all events lead to this. Such fate, predestination, or something. It's like Destination. What should happen will happen and nothing can cancel this order of things.

PS. I didn’t understand a little why at the end Kate ended up in the hospital after Nathan’s visit

S

Nemesis
You know, I wouldn't call it a spoiler, you know why? Since, in fact, this is probably the first thought that can come to the mind of a person who has eaten a dog in all sorts of scenarios (well, let's say he reviewed a bunch of films on similar topics or replayed a bunch of games with a non-linear plot) That is, if the person you are somehow then he saved from death, he will fall into deadly situations again and again, then it will last until the person dies safely .... an example is suicidal people: how many times do not stop him, he will still strive for to what I decided for myself...let's say psychological trauma pushes for it...in any case, who knows what the developer has prepared for us...perhaps this is one of the so-called "bad" endings

g
good dumpling 21.10.22

Nemesis
Wow! Up to goosebumps. Now I'll stick to your idea too. But out of habit I hope for a happy ending)

d
delamer1 21.10.22

StaticSaysMyNamE
There is one oddity here: Chloe has lived her entire life and hasn't died yet. Including those five years that she lived separately from Max :)
I would say that all of Chloe's problems are related to the Academy, including getting to know Rachel and Nathan. Death of father and separation from Max.

N
Nemesis 21.10.22

She did not die, because the time of death had not yet come. And in the toilet it came)) But Maxine ruined everything and upset the balance. Therefore, in order to restore balance, the Council sent Death to Arcadia))

S

delamer1
You talk a little differently, but I understand what you mean, I just proceed from what is presented at the moment in the game, we don’t know what Chloe’s life was like before the start of the events of the game ... after all, it seems to me that Chloe has had at least one suicide attempt, do you know why? Because 1) her father died, 2) her best friend left, 3) her stepfather was an asshole... plus, if you were attentive in the dialogues of the first part, then Chloe herself said that Rachel "saved" her (of course, not in a literal sense) , and also based on the same dialogues and monologues, one can notice, or rather Max noticed that Chloe has changed dramatically in 5 years, probably for the above reasons, which indicates some kind of mental disorder (since a normally feeling person is unlikely to change so much for no good reason), based on the loss of loved ones,

K
Kirill Ligfip 21.10.22

Suck it Haters! DonntNod have created a masterpiece.

In my memory, this is the most heaped up with all sorts of references to pop culture work. Someone who, and the French know a lot about interactive adventures (Bonjour M. Cage). Some incredibly attractive atmosphere of autumn Oregon makes you literally shrink into a chair and not get out until the very credits.

Each character has their own "skeletons in the closet", as Chloe wrote on her wall "Trust No One". What can I say, the whole plot of the plot is based on the idea from Twin Peaks, only the girl is not killed here, but disappeared. And just like Laura Palmer, she was very popular in the city and led a "double life", as they say so intrigue. Many will compare it with the creations of Telltale Games, but they are similar only in genre.

There are no QTEs in Life is Strange! Unexpectedly, isn't it, all the action scenes here are served "live", and thanks to the ability to rewind events, you can always go back and correct some wrong action or dialogue. Many may think that this kills the non-linearity of what is happening, but believe me, every action, even an innocent prank, will greatly affect what is happening in the future (as I was convinced when I saw the final video).

Graphically and stylistically, everything is done at an incredibly high level. Character animation is based on Motion Capture, which is generally felt. Every corner is full of details, every room is unique, inspired by Quantic Dream games.
Even the locations here appear not as a small patch, like in TT, but as large hubs where you can walk around, talk, take a picture of a squirrel (and this is completely optional, but still fixed by the game). Musical accompaniment, but in general the whole sound is at a very high level. All the voices are perfectly matched, there is a slight out of sync, but still this is not a AAA project, judging by the credits, no more than 30 people work in Dontnod. The licensed music has added great songs to my playlist.

I don’t want to say anything about the plot at all, because here it is the cornerstone of the whole game. Let me just say that the writers managed to create a scenario that is completely unsuitable for a video game. I would call the whole first episode "Western Persona", we go around and solve the most common problems of an 18 year old girl. We listen to the most common dialogues and learn a lot about the characters. of course, there is an element of mysticism here, but it is so organically integrated into the gameplay that you don’t even pay attention to it. It's just amazing why so far no one has thought of creating such vital situations in games.

It's worth giving credit to the French, despite the failure of their first project, Remember Me (although I do not consider it as such), they were able not only to keep the studio afloat, but to find a new publisher and come up with a completely crazy idea for their new game. Thanks to Square Enix for hosting them. Who knows, perhaps a studio is being born in front of us, which, subsequently, will be compared with NaughtyDog and their name will be on everyone's lips... time will tell.

In the meantime, I give the first episode 9.5/10 Great!
Ps still some 6 weeks...

K
Kirill Ligfip 21.10.22

So the agonizing wait for the second episode of this wonderful game has come to an end. Having discarded all skepticism regarding the assessments of authoritative publications, I declare with confidence that the French have outdone themselves.

The plot develops very smoothly and unstressed. In some places there are such lively scenes that you forget that this is a game and you sit, staring at the screen, your mouth gaping in surprise. It seems to me that the secret of the success of this game is vitality. There is no feeling of plasticity of TT and pathos of David Cage. It's the perfect symbiosis of video game and interactive adventure. It seems to me that the whole point is the lack of QTE, believe me, it really affects the atmosphere.

In the second episode, it is already very clear that all decisions will really affect the narrative. A lot of branching dialogues have appeared, and thanks to the time rewind system, no one will prevent you from returning and seeing a different development of events. This is the same non-linearity that TT games lack so much.

Graphically, not everything is perfect, but the new locations of Arcadia Bay are breathtaking, whether it's the diner where Chloe's mother works or the junkyard. Not real detail and meticulousness, bravo DontNod.

The sound this time is simpler, there are a couple of new songs, but mostly they use the playlist of the first episode, which is just great.

As a result, I want to say that Life is Strange continues to surprise and intrigue. There are 3 more episodes ahead and it is already clear that the developers are on the right track. So don't be greedy and buy the season pass on steam/psn/xbla.

Such games should be supported by the ruble. A score of 9 from me.

Ps 6 more weeks...

N
Nemesis 21.10.22

Kirill Ligfip Bought

a long time ago in Steam.
But still, a review of the first episode should have been done in the topic about the first episode)

-
-Raixs- 21.10.22

Can anyone tell me the name of the song from the end credits of the second episode? And on the topic: 10 out of 10, like the previous one.

G
Gonezo 21.10.22

Question removed.
I only have 1 question about the game so far:
What are the named folders shown at the end of each episode? Do girls get kidnapped?

k
kuzia 21.10.22

-Raixs-
Local Natives - Mt. Washington

-
-Raixs- 21.10.22

Kuzia
Thank you.

B
Bouuy 21.10.22

Guys, a question about the plot: Is it possible to somehow save Kate or does she absolutely die in the plot?

G
Gonezo 21.10.22

Boouy
You can.

D
Dias Daulbaev 21.10.22

Bouuy
You can delete the link to the video in the toilet and answer Kate's call in the cafe and choose the right lines in the dialogues... But in doing this I missed a couple of cliffhangers, for example, I did not know that Nathan was coming to the hospital to Kate and that the janitor drove her to the hospital... In my end, Nate comes into the room to the crying rich woman... slightly smiles eeee all...

B
Burry Raccoon 21.10.22

Nemesis
This is most likely due to the fact that she wanted to jump off the roof. Like to calm down and so on.