3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Ser777 21.10.22 02:25 pm

So what color is the dress?

A serious controversy erupted on social media over a photo of the dress posted on Tumblr.
Meanwhile, scientists tried to explain why for some the dress is blue-black, and for others it is white and gold.
What color is the dress, blue or white?
A dispute broke out on the Web about the color of the dress, a photograph of which appeared on the blog of a resident of Scotland, Caitlin MacNeil, writes MK. The problem is that three-quarters of the voters believe that the dress is white and gold, the rest - that the dress is blue or completely changes its color.
So, on February 25, a girl under the nickname Swiked posted a photo of a dress on Tumblr and asked her friends what color it was.
“Guys help me, is this dress white and gold or blue and black? Me and my friends can't agree and we're going crazy."
After a couple of hours, millions of people were divided into two camps: some claimed that the outfit was blue and black, while others were white and gold. But even after the girl confirmed that it was really blue with black stripes, the debate on the network did not calm down ...
A photo of a strange dress posted the day before by the BuzzFeed portal literally blew up the Internet, turning the topic into a media virus.

I personally see a faded blue with dark black, and you?
65 Comments
Sort by:
r
rPeBoJL 21.10.22

painted) ^

P
Philly 21.10.22

Photoshop - eyedropper tool

G
GTAman 21.10.22

So yes, the illusion is possible:
Spoiler The colors are the same - #8799BD and #715F3B, but the background changes the perception. Another thing is that it is not clear how some perceive the background in the original photo in such a way that the dress begins to appear white and golden because of it. http://chrdk.ru/weekend/2015/3/4/illusions

G
GGame 21.10.22

the dress is blue-black, it just shines. This dress was worn by a woman from Scotland at one of the parties. It's just that many who do not know the true color of the dress see it as white and gold. In short, on Google on the Internet about this dress, there are a lot of all sorts of articles.

G
GTAman 21.10.22

GGame
It's not about knowing the color. Suppose I know that in the picture I gave above, the dresses are of the same color, but I see the left one as white and gold - this is how the “iron” of the brain perceives it.

G
GGame 21.10.22

GTAman
This is also true, just 75% of the population sees the dress as white and gold, the remaining 25% as blue and black

R
Ruider 21.10.22

White-gold.

K
Karla Valenti 21.10.22

The whole secret is that you need to shoot not with soap, but with a normal camera.

S
Silence 21.10.22

I don’t know what color
, my Internet is black and white.

E
EVIL PLAYER 21.10.22

Baby shower colors!

E
Erysipelas 21.10.22

light purple with gold

r
rPeBoJL 21.10.22

the situation is somewhat reminiscent of
Spoiler

M
Masha 21.10.22

White gold with a blue tint on white, as I see it.

V
Vaipen 21.10.22

Noticed an interesting quirk. I found a photo of the dress on the net through a smartphone. It was white and gold. Then I looked at it through the webcam on the computer and lo and behold, the computer sees it as blue-black. So we conclude. People see the dress as white and gold, and those with brains "digitized" like computers see it as blue and black.

G
GTAman 21.10.22

Protestant Knight
those with "digitized" brains, like computers, see him as blue-black.
Fuck, I'm a terminator!

K
K.e.k.s 21.10.22

those who have "digitized" brains, like computers, see it as blue-black.
Fuck, I'm a terminator!
Apparently I do too.:D I see a blue-black dress.

F
Fantasy Cat 21.10.22

I see white and gold :)

A
Aips95 21.10.22

Initially, it is important to remember that there is no such thing as color in nature at all. These are all glitches in human brains. It's just that the brain imposes information on the frequency of visible light on reality, simultaneously calculating the surrounding "interference" such as shadows or highlights. The photo is soapy, so the brains are buggy.
PS I see chocolate blue.

B
Belomorkanal 21.10.22

Aips95
If you think like that, in nature there is nothing at all, like nature itself. Neither color (just a range of wavelengths perceived by the retina of the eye), nor light (just a rectilinear stream of practically weightless and infinitely small particles), nor sound (just a range of vibrational frequencies perceived by hearing). What is light and sound? There is practically no us ourselves, because the empty space between the nucleus of an atom and the orbitals of its electrons is more than 99.99% of the diameter of the atom itself. Flesh and blood are composed of matter, while almost 100% of their volume is nothing. Atoms of absolutely different simple substances consist of absolutely identical electrons and nucleons, which in turn consist of absolutely identical quarks. Numerous thought processes are just exactly the same weak electrochemical impulses, running through the synapses between the neurons of the cerebral cortex. Which, by the way, are currently confused in my brain due to broken connections between neurons by ethanol (ethyl alcohol) molecules. Unfortunately, due to addiction to alcohol, the release of dopamine into the blood has decreased significantly, as a result, alcohol intoxication does not cause even a slight euphoria. Only a stream of unobtrusive dull and pacifying thoughts, which, in general, is the opposite of euphoria, but also, in its own way, gives pleasure.
So the world around us is as illusory as our complex consciousness. The very concept of our consciousness, intellect, etc. illusion.
Do you still consider yourself a unique living self-aware and thinking unit? I - yes.

P
PhenomNV 21.10.22

Blue with black. Lighting may cause a different color to appear.