3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
stomatorg 25.10.22 12:40 pm

PC or PS4 version (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hi all. I can’t choose which platform to play The Witcher 3 on, how much worse is the PS4 version in terms of picture quality? For me, it's just more convenient to play such games on PS4 than on a PC (the machine is not weak). I read the news about consoles, they say everything is terrible on boxing, it’s better on PS4. Is there fresh gameplay for the PS4 version? Everything I found was last year, and since that time a lot of things could change both for the better and for the worse. What do you guys say?
77 Comments
Sort by:
N
No more drugs 25.10.22

Next week should show the gameplay of the PS 4 version.

r
renbu 25.10.22

If it’s more convenient for you on a gamepad, then connect the gamepad to your computer and play, what’s the problem?) Why pay 3.5k rubles for watching a slide show at 30 fps with poor graphics (when compared with a PC), if you have a good computer?)
PS And you can’t transfer saves on a curling iron

T
Toxa95 25.10.22

Stomatorg
I can't choose which platform to play The Witcher 3 on, how much worse is the PS4 version in terms of picture quality?

Depends on the power of your pitch. If your computer is not top-end, and even made in the GDR (3-7 years ago), then forget about a normal game of the Witcher, it’s better to use a curling iron, it has less hemorrhoids, plus you still won’t see a better picture on an old pitch iron .
If the computer is good enough to be guaranteed to pull high-maximum settings, then there’s no need to think about it - just a pitch version with a gamepad.

N
No more drugs 25.10.22

renbu
Lately it's more convenient for me to sit with a gamepad in front of the telly, although the computer is a gaming one and one could play any games on it. There is an original box gamepad, but the wires are annoying. Lately I've been playing a little (I don't have time), and if I do, it's only on a curling iron. Yes, the games are expensive, but more comfortable, IMHO.
The Witcher on Steam was pre-ordered a year ago, but, I guess, I will take the version for the curling iron. I'll wait for the release, check it out on a computer, look at the version comparisons and make a decision.

L
LanceCR1T 25.10.22

I myself will take it on PS4, since my old man, I think, will not digest this game well. And if it pulls, then on PS4 it doesn’t matter, with my PC config, the graphics will be better. And in general, I love the witcher not for the graphics, but for his amazing atmosphere of dark fantasy, character development, plot, etc. =). There will be no problems at all about the port of saves, the game will create a chronology in the form of a survey in the prologue.

N
No more drugs 25.10.22

Pre-ordered today for PS4 version for 2990 in CSN. Now I have both on the computer and on the curling iron. I will compare.

Y
Y5J 25.10.22

No more drugs...
It's simple) Graphic quality: PC, PS4 ............... Xbox One)

Y
Y5J 25.10.22

There are practically no differences between PC and PS4, everyone who was soaring about the PS4 version can stop doing it - if they exist, then you need to look with a magnifying glass.
Alas, not everything goes smoothly on the PS4, during drawdown battles. I'll ask if there will be changes in the release. Logvinov

Y
Y5J 25.10.22

Am I the only one who noticed fps drops when Geralt runs fast or rides Roach? The rest looks amazing, but where is the promised optimization?

s
stomatorg 25.10.22

Y5J I
also noticed drawdowns, I thought it was a youtube glitch. I would like to download and watch an uncompressed youtube version of the PS4 gameplay.

N
No more drugs 25.10.22

Stomatorg
Yes, there are small drawdowns. Everything else is great.

g
ggame 25.10.22

pc ofc

s
stomatorg 25.10.22

I bought all the same on a PC, which I advise you if you do not have a weak machine.

A
An-Si Carto 25.10.22

Stomatorg
You also chose with your computer? Of course, you need to take it on a PC, ultra, that's all. And I, with my hot (warranty expires in May and will deal with this issue) Chinese laptop, I’ll take it to PS4, I don’t want to play with a resolution of 1366x768, it looks like shit, brrr.

T
TheCORTEX 25.10.22

Why the hell create such topics, well, if you have a weak computer and it doesn’t really pull the Witcher but you have a PS4, then play on it, buy it from the hucksters or a month after the release, the first used disks will appear, so that it would not be expensive and play calmly , as you pass, throw off the disk and then when you upgrade the computer in a year, you will buy the Witcher at a discount in Steam for the collection with all the special stages and you will replay .... and the special stages of kokras will be an incentive to replay ...

A
Alexander Bazhenov 25.10.22

It seems to me that everything is very clear here. If there is a top-end hardware that is guaranteed to pull ultra with stable FPS, then the PC. Otherwise, console. Graphics on the PS4 are promised at the level of high PC settings, so there is nothing to worry about. There will be a patch of the first one as well, which promises to remove drawdowns while using signs. The main thing is to enjoy the game. And what who plays is everyone's business already)

b
bumper48 25.10.22

There is another option here. Someone will buy this game, and someone will use the torrent. He himself was an avid PCar. But I'm tired of fingering hands on the clave. My fingers hurt, especially my little finger. Few people started playing video games on the PC. Basically, these were consoles with their CARTRIDGES, as well as control panels (joystick, gamepad). I have a computer of the same assembly when the dx10 first appeared. Top pancake in those years. Everything flew without problems. The Witcher is also the first. There is even a disc with the game and the original soundtrack. But something I digress. I will take on ps4 and only. Expensive, yes, no market. But I will preload, I will come home, I will press a button on the gamepad, the console will beep, I will flop in a rocking chair, I will put my feet on the fitness ball. And at this time, the TV itself will turn on. By pressing one button. And I will calmly play the Witcher, without worrying about any startup errors. And now I no longer need a computer in order to play on it. PC needs to work
PS There is no need to create such topics anymore, on a site where only 20% of console users can, and the rest of the PC