3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
shepppp12 16.11.22 09:05 pm

Dead hang/black screen/restart etc

In general, I give up, I've been trying to revive the PC for a very long time, but nothing comes of it.

Configuration:
I3-9100 4×3.6 (no overclocking)
8GB RAM DDR4, one die
GTX 1650 4GB (no overclocking), without additional power supply and heatsink
SSD120 GB + HDD1TB
PSU AEROCOOL 450W
2 120mm fans
Monitor on HDMI, usb devices: 3, + jack ears and a microphone.
The BIOS seems to have reverted to default settings.
I will provide more information if needed. The
computer is 2 years old

Two months ago there was a short circuit in the house, a living hell began. The refrigerator, the extension cord from the computer, the power supply and the motherboard burned down (the latter completely refused to work). There was smoke, but most likely from an extension cord. It sparkled, clicked, I thought the whole PC was over. I made a replacement motherboard (new, from the store) and put the old PSU on 450W. And so I sat for 2 months, but it all started with the fact that the computer, without warning, began to turn off abruptly, without restarting. It started 2 weeks ago, it helped to sort out the PSU and everything worked as before. Now the PC began to: 1) turn off without a restart and an error, after 7-10 minutes of operation, regardless of the system load (games, desktop, browser), 2) it just started to freeze DEFINITELY, I had to turn off the PSU, 3) When rebooting, a black screen , and so for 15 minutes, nothing happened, it helped that he went through the ENTIRE PC and everything turned on, BUT he again began to act on points 1 and 2. I went to buy a new PSU, which was even originally assembled from the CSN. I put a completely new bp, but he continues his. I pulled out the SSD, changed the RAM slot, put a new Windu on the HDD. I was able to sit like this for 40-60 minutes and even install and restart the PC. And then it hangs again))))))) And then everything started as before))) BUT THIS TIME IT ALSO PROVIDES A BLACK SCREEN AND NOTHING HELPS TO RETURN EVEN THE IMAGE

I have tried absolutely everything, I'm already tired of messing with him, it's impossible, I don't know what he needs from me.
I will be very happy to try new ways to solve the problem, thanks in advance.

What I have tried:
Reset bios.
Reinstalling Windows.
PSU replacement.
I pulled out the SSD, I suspect it was erased, the PC worked longer without it.
Rearranged the RAM to another slot, it works better in it.
The power cable is new.
Fuse extension cord is brand new.
PC cleaning.
Formatting one of the partitions under the new Windows on the HDD.
I checked the operation of the video card on another computer, everything is fine.
Proc is not bent.
The wires are in order and in the right places.
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 16.11.22

or it doesn’t pull the power supply because 450 watts seems to me not enough, but if the card is without power supply ...
option 2 times the card without power supply may not be pulled by the motherboard. with cheap micro atx and some amd cars there were similar problems.
or the power supply unit has already managed to spoil the pitch and now, when the load increases, the motherboard cannot do anything there and freezes. this is a job for the superman from the service center probably.
if the computer is up but continues to work while the monitor is turned off, this is more like a video driver error. you can try at the moment of such a freeze, connect to the video, go out on the motherboard and see what it shows, since the picture should jump on it and all games and applications will crash with an error. or if it doesn’t start after freezing, if the PC seemed to shine, but nothing looks like the picture may not be on the video card.

1650 really are some weak cards, so a shortage of a power supply is unlikely.

s
shepppp12 16.11.22

MunchkiN 616
yes, the power supply unit pulls, it stood initially until it burned out, I bought the same one and installed
such a previous power supply that worked for a year and a half before the circuit,

but the fact that the video card does not pull on the new motherboard, most likely everything is fine here, because I 2 months on a new motherboard and sat with the same 1650

L
Loken 16.11.22

You need to change everything separately and look for the culprit. Or take your iron and test it with another PC. You can guess as much as you want.

S
Sam_FisherPG 16.11.22

shepppp12
I can advise you to take a stick of RAM from someone you know, maybe the current stick of memory is not very suitable for the motherboard. PS Why do I advise this? First, because you haven't tried it yet. And secondly, because he himself faced hard PC freezes in the past when he bought what seemed to be a similar memory in terms of frequencies to the one that was, but it flatly refused to work normally in a shitty asroch, and the computer hung tightly even when using one of the new strips in any slot. Although the strips were absolutely new and working, so they lay in my box until I started selling that computer for spare parts, and later successfully sold this memory as well. This is so, a case from my life, and food for thought for you.

s
shepppp12 16.11.22

Sam_FisherPG
asroq did not support the frequency of this new die?
Or did he not like that you added a second plate?
now it's either kingston or crucial at the maximum frequency, could it retire and interfere with all the hardware?

S
Sam_FisherPG 20.01.23

shepppp12
My asrok campaign didn’t like just the manufacturer, in other words, there was some kind of hardware incompatibility between the brackets and the motherboard, because the operating frequency range was exactly the same, the meme test was passed with a bang, the computer started and worked with them, but after an indefinite period of time it was hard hung with a terrible crack from the speakers, then I never found the reason. The funny thing is that the motherboard worked perfectly with the kingston strips that were bought during the initial assembly of the computer, but when after 4 years I decided to buy more memory, the store didn’t have the exact same one, and I bought a crusial similar in characteristics (by the way, too) , which he sold without using.
Here is what it was then. It was like this:

I bought this one:

I took pictures from my old ads on Avito.
After that incident, I have a little rule for myself. Each motherboard has a page on the manufacturer's website from where you can download the latest drivers, so there are also PDFs with a complete list of processors supported by this board, and a separate list of supported memory modules with the full name of the models, so before buying memory to the board, I check this list to avoid such problems with "unknown hardware incompatibility" which would seem to be 100% compatible with each other - but in the end, the hell was floating there -:). This is the kind of life experience I gained, then spending money on upgrading the system into an empty one. And I also learned other life lessons with iron, as a result - no asroks, palits, and AMD products :-) like that.

s
shep2033 20.01.23

Sam_FisherPG
I have an 8 GB die since the purchase of the computer,
now it has been working for 2 days, I have dragged all kinds of iron, I found everything except for the processor and the motherboard, I will try all sorts of variations and look for the culprit slowly
upd: what is it bad for? I always leaned towards gigabyte, msi, but I didn’t hear anything bad about Palit, like

B
Botponevole 20.01.23

Sam_FisherPG wrote:
and amd products :-) like this.
This is all subjective, and in general, without reservations, disseminating your private experience is a sign of not the most intelligent person. The only thing, we can agree, about the low reliability of Asrok motherboards, this is already a common place, it is.

B
Botponevole 20.01.23

shepppp12 wrote:
why is it bad?
He's not bad at all, tales of computer farts.

s
shep2033 20.01.23

Sam_FisherPG
after a while I found the culprits
with the ssd the computer did not turn on or hung up, as before, it looked like it puffed its own
and I replaced the RAM chip with another one for a while and everything worked, I could even play, strain the computer
Windows of course wildly lags on the hard drive, the OS flew on the ssd
upd: I just don’t understand why the old RAM chip interfered with the computer

S
Sam_FisherPG 20.01.23

Botponevole
It is absolutely normal to share your experience with other people, especially when asking for advice. But to criticize other people based only on your own experience, this is just a sign of not the smartest person. And yes, I repeat once again, I have dealt with AMD processors and video cards more than once, and each time there were some surprises, and personally I am not satisfied with such products. And if you use their products and you get tired of everything - for God's sake, use it, I have nothing against it, it's your choice, and you should not be offended by my words.

S
Sam_FisherPG 20.01.23

shepppp12
Well, you wrote in the first message that you replaced the motherboard, so I thought that the memory remained the same as it was, and it may not fit the new motherboard, as it was in my case. As for the palette, I will say this, they simply save on the components from which they assemble video cards, use low-quality ones, which allows them to make the price decently lower than that of other vendors, and this is a plus, but you never know how it will be, it can work absolutely normally for the entire operational period, and there may be any problems due to such details, this is who and how lucky.

s
shep2033 20.01.23

Sam_FisherPG
Yes, I changed the motherboard, but I had a RAM on it for 2 months))
I don’t know how it happened that now everything stopped working with it