3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Molarky24 20.01.23 02:53 pm

Risen 2 vs. Gothic 4 (Risen 2: Dark Waters)

What do you think was more interesting to play, not in terms of graphics, but in terms of plot, atmosphere, and so on.
51 Comments
Sort by:
V
VALDES135579 20.01.23

Rizen 2 definitely

R
Rusgamer9512 20.01.23

RISEN 2

P
Pixelwarrior 20.01.23

Gothic 4 was made by some Indians who generally merged after this piece of program code with 3 sets of faces for the entire game world. I will never forget when I met a poor fisherman on the shore, after 5 minutes of the game I met a rich merchant with the same face but a different name, in the city after 50 meters. By the way, they simply pulled all the acting characters from the previous parts by the ears for the sake of appearance, because their presence, by and large, does not affect anything at all. The nameless from the previous parts is sitting dying, and all his friends with whom he was inseparable explain their absence by the fact that: "for various reasons they parted." Risen 2 is the real Gothic 4, it's just that the Piranhas after the third part seriously sank in money and sold the rights to Gothic, this allowed them to realize Risen, which was successful and this
everything allowed them to swim out of it all. Risen 2 reminded me of the first and second parts of Gothic, with its harsh atmosphere and gameplay - very well done.

P
PASCHOK_93 20.01.23

Let's see if Risen 2 will take any awards.

a
anonymous_247 20.01.23

Pixelwarrior yes )) in Rizin the same thing, but what I didn’t like more in Gothic 4 is not well-developed combat and buggy, not optimized movement. Even the first part of Risen is without a doubt better than Gothic 4.
But the physiognomy on the whole monitor ...

Only schoolchildren of the 5th grade can play it.

k
kain_O 20.01.23

I haven't played and don't intend to play Arcania. That's just the claims to Risen 2 I have the same as many people have to Arcania. Idiot combat system, almost a corridor world, a million boring and linear quests.
In Risen2, only the dialogues were successful, and the world can hardly be called beautiful. Someone says that Risen2 is old school, so there is nothing to look at all the shortcomings. But there is one problem here: Risen2 absorbed all the flaws of the so-called old-school RPGs, but forgot to get their pluses. And I’m not going to stagger on kill-fetch quests, mind-blowing combat and crooked animation, and I don’t advise anyone.

G
GoodDanis 20.01.23

Arkania labuda is unrealistic, but at least I passed it. And ryzen 2 on the second island, patience snapped. Maybe it was not worth playing the first part before the second part. I am disappointed. There was nothing left of that very beloved first Gothic style.

a
anonymous_247 20.01.23

kain_O wrote:
"And I'm not going to be nostalgic for kill-fetch quests, mind-blowing combat and crooked animation, and I don't advise anyone."
What do you mean by "mind-blowing combat"???

I personally do not like long chatter in quests. When they start talking for half an hour about "the wolf and the little red riding hood" and at the same time look at the ugly graphics on the video. Everything should be easier.

GoodDanis wrote (a):
"Arkania labuda is unreal, but at least I passed it."
You overcame yourself :D I couldn't do that after a review for maybe an hour. Removed nafig.

I
Iotar 20.01.23

Pixelwarrior was actually made by the Germans too, the Indians are a completely different story) Spellbound, in my opinion, just took on something other than its own, plus they changed one of the development leaders on the go, and it looks like someone deliberately harmed them there . Otherwise, it is not clear how it was possible to make so many mistakes, having the means, the ready-made universe, not a bad engine in principle.

K
KamikaDZe38 20.01.23

Well, what's the point of comparing them? Gothic 4 UG and tedious to the point of horror, take at least debility quests at the very beginning and you can immediately see that the whole game is like that! I'm not talking about linearity, the lack of joining groups and the ability to make at least some choice. And although not everyone liked Risen 2, it still arouses interest and addictive. In general, I didn’t take out the heat to go through Arcania completely because it’s boring, tedious, stressful and generally not the same coat

b
bugagun 20.01.23

Risen is a sincere game, somehow everything is comfortably done there, I want it not to end, not like Skyrim, and there’s nothing to say about Arcania. If Skyrim and Risen 2 came out at the same time, for me the game of the year would be Risen 2.

k
kain_O 20.01.23

anonymous_247
"What do you mean, mind-blowing combat?"
At the beginning of the game chapters. the hero is a clumsy log with the function of clicking in a straight line. By the end of the game chapters. the hero is the same clumsy log that has learned to kick.

W
WarlockIII 20.01.23

][Ren Your true
story...
I haven't heard about Gothic 4...

u
un homme 20.01.23

I don't know about the story really, but I played Gothic 4 when there was nothing to play. Even though she's dumb as fuck. But guess why I passed it? Correctly. And in Risen 2, I could not lose even half an hour. This G turned out to be even worse than Skyrim. Suddenly.

f
freisnd 20.01.23

Gothic 4? I don't know this game.

a
anonymous_247 20.01.23

WarlokIII wrote:
"I don't know about the story really, but I played Gothic 4 when there was nothing to play. Even though it's stupid as hell. But guess why I passed it? Right. And in Risen 2 I couldn't lose even half an hour. This G turned out to be even worse than Skyrim. Unexpectedly."
Ahhhaaa, it's like a cucumber. :D

D
Dron_Ur 20.01.23

Yes, probably any game will be better than this vyser called Arcania. Although Risen 2, compared to the first Risen is no longer a cake.

S
Series 20.01.23

Risen 2

M
Merkava 20.01.23

Risen 2.

The topic can already be covered, not one vote for the gomno-four.

B
Bazilan 20.01.23

For me, Gothic ended in 2 parts, and 3 and 4 are complete bullshit that is not worth mentioning at all. Risen is the successor of good gothic traditions.