3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pashalet 20.01.23 03:08 pm

Is the Earless Isolde worthy of life? (Dragon Age: Origins)

Since Jovan and the family of Earl Eamon have already been remembered, it’s a sin not to discuss Isolde. :)) Personally for me in the game - the moral choice was not "kill or spare Konrad". My main question is "is Isolde worthy of life?" Pure IMHO - this is one of the most vile characters in the game. And here's why:

1) The young wife of an old rich man, which, as it were, already symbolizes. Spoiled and capricious (seen by the demeanor). Arrogant, arrogant (when the GG began to object to her, she yelled in shock, "What impudence, is WHO still here??").

2) Stupid as a cork - otherwise I would have realized that indulging the demon would not fix the situation, but only worsen it.

3) Cowardly - when her possessed son attacked GG and the battle began in the castle, she ran into a corner and sat there with her hands over her ears (for example, GG's mother, when passing for a noble person, fought with enemies with a sword in her hands)

4) Isolde puts herself over society - and sincerely believes that no rules are written for her. All magicians are taken to the Tower. And everyone obeys - for this is the LAW. But Isolde is sincerely sure that a noble position puts her outside the system. Let the lives of the plebeians be destroyed, families be torn, destinies be crippled ... Isolde - didn’t give a damn! Her beloved Conrad must stay with her. And calling an "illegal" magician into the house is just a little prank! Of course, any peasant would simply be pulled up for such a thing - but who would touch the earl's wife, right?

5) Justifying herself in everything, she is extremely cruel to others. After all, she herself committed a state crime, but considers herself a "victim" of circumstances. But on the broken by fate (see walkthrough for the magician) Jovana - yells "Execute! Only execute!! I demand !!!" She absolutely does not care about the villagers, who were brutally killed on the orders of her obsessed son. Arriving in the village - she did not even take an interest in their fate.

6) Realizing that she had let the situation out of control, she finally spread her snot and began to spread herself in front of the demon. She got to the point - that she lured her relative to the demon for fun, knowing full well that Teagan could not defeat the succubus.

7) Many considered it beautiful that she offered to sacrifice herself. Yes, of course, maternal instinct ... But I think the motives of erlessa are somewhat deeper. Isolde perfectly understood that there were noble gentlemen around - which means that she would 100% rush to dissuade and offer other options! (That is, on the one hand, it seems to have shown everyone that she is a super-mother, ready to die for her son - on the other hand, the “victim” is most likely not required, that is, pure profit!) There is another point: for sure, erlessa had time to think: what will Eamon do with her when he recovers and finds out how the wife framed his family before the templars, invited the poisoner to the house, killed her son, servants, vassals, actually ruined the estate and nearby lands? Yes, and the church inquisitors and royal judges will inevitably have SERIOUS questions. So "

Summary. IMHO - a spoiled bitch. She tried to deceive the Church - as a result, her husband was poisoned, and a demon moved into his son. I crap myself out of fear - I let the situation take its course, indulged my son's demonic amusements. The result is a pile of corpses. The guards died, the servants died, the peasants died. Women and children died.

So what did you do with her?
151 Comments
Sort by:
k
knockin_on_heavens_door 20.01.23

Well... it is not necessary to consider as a "beautiful impulse" the natural desire of any normal mother to save the life of her child by all means. That's the way it should be. No need to look for a second bottom in everything.
On the topic - yes, a spoiled, capricious bitch, with a bad upbringing. In principle, no one cares that she lived in a country where she was perceived as a representative of the enemy. It is unlikely that in Soviet Russia after 45 years marriages with German women were welcomed (this is an example). And this did not contribute to the formation of character for the better. It didn’t matter to me whether she understood what she was doing, or not, but during the first passage she saved her son at the cost of her own life. Not a bit sorry, although it can be understood. A high title does not oblige, unfortunately, to have the appropriate spiritual qualities. Only because of a quarrel with Alistair I had to replay, -24 at the beginning of the game they cut all the dialogues in the bud.

P
Pomirat 20.01.23

I wholeheartedly agree with pashalet. But nevertheless she left Isolde alive, solely because of Alistair, well, sorry for my son, mother after all ...

Z
Zer Ael 20.01.23

"unfortunate, broken by fate ... Jovan", hehe)))

Justifying herself in everything, she is extremely cruel to others.
Look at yourself. They staged a lynching of a poor woman here. What do you care about her character and actions? There is a husband, the path and decides he should live with her. Your concern is to save the world, so start small. From the rescue of the overplayed child and the lost mother.

p
pashalet 20.01.23

Zer Ael - your position regarding Yoshi, and how you lynched him, we already know. :-) How I perceive it - is stated here: http://forums.playground.ru/dragon_age_origins/586787/ Both of these are just our private opinions. ;-))

PS "What do you care?" is not the position of the player. The player in the game should care about EVERYTHING! (This is also just my personal opinion ;-)))

D
Dasha FSUs for everything 20.01.23

"What do you care about her character and actions?" heh.. doesn't it seem strange to anyone that game characters are perceived by many as living, existing people? I sometimes think that the characters in dao are much more interesting than in real life, if the game makes everyone argue so passionately.
in my opinion, it was Isolde who sent Alistair to the monastery because of suspicions that he was an illegitimate son. amazingly, she ruined his life, and he still whines. anyway, I killed her ^_^

I
INjection 20.01.23

And why should she die? If you sentence to death for the monastery .. heh .. then your years certainly need to be at least quartered and burned .. with your logic ..)
In principle, besides this, she did nothing more bad. .and here is the magician who was hired .. this is still an asshole.

125Rus 20.01.23

I agree with pashalet. Isolde is still a bitch, and her son is an asshole. And Bann Tegan is a f*cking coward. I locked myself in a church with women and children during the siege - they say "if you losers are killed, I will be the last defense") Well, well, one against the cloud of ghouls. It's a pity that there is no "arrogant" development of the plot: we wet the potsik, oh ... the eaten Isolde rushes with a dagger at GG - we wet Isolde too. Next, we treat Eamon - we tell a fairy tale about the fact that everyone went crazy and killed each other and the magician Jovan is to blame for everything, and we hand over Tegan for cowardice. Here I would be happy as an elephant.

H
Hadrimatskhez 20.01.23

I rely on the existence of an object for such a decision, that is, if someone is killed, there will be no consequences ... I left her alive for the first time and she chatted there ... and the second time, shit and it's obviously worse.

Z
Zer Ael 20.01.23

pashalet, the situation with Jovan is also a personal matter, because in the background of the magician, he pretty much cheered up my ms. Although I am against his execution - let the magicians decide. What did Isolda do to yours personally?

The player in the game should care about EVERYTHING!
I agree, if we are talking about the knowledge of the world of the game, and not the distribution of "execute / pardon".

b
baedd pibau 20.01.23

killed Isolde - he considered that in this way she herself paid for her mistake, she should have handed over her son to the magicians, and not arrange a den of maleficars in the castle

Z
Zer Ael 20.01.23

Taake
1. Killing is the easiest. Especially when there is an excuse like "so she paid the price for her mistake"
2. "set up a den of maleficars in the castle"? And what did he do, agreeing with Jovan to the bloody ritual?

b
baedd pibau 20.01.23

Zer Ael
never said that it would be easy) I also agreed with the demon ... the fact is that Isolde herself went down this path.

To kill is the simplest controversial statement. somehow I didn’t want to save erlessa, who was indirectly guilty of the lawlessness that took place in Redcliffe

p
pashalet 20.01.23

Zer Ael - my friend, well, you give it .. that .. give !! :-)

... "if we are talking about the knowledge of the game world, and not the distribution of" execute / pardon "...
Questions of moral choice, those same execute / pardon - the main feature in RPG from bioware. Actually, if you do not pay attention to them Attention - why play for? To destroy another bunch of pixels with a bunch of pixels, bigger? ;)

... "Isolde, what did yours personally?" - according to the plot of the GG, you just had to talk with Eamon. Due to selfishness, narcissism, cowardice and criminal actions of Isolde - my GG had to run around the village, preparing it for battle, cut out a bunch of evil spirits, break into the castle with a fight, and so on and so forth - and each time risking their lives: his own and the detachment. Such a reason is not enough? Then count how many people died, due to the fact that the young lady decided "laws do not decree me"? ;)

Z
Zer Ael 20.01.23

pashalet, a matter of taste. The role of the arbiter of destinies does not appeal to me. I’m glad that there is such an opportunity, but ...

If, according to the subject, I don’t see Isolde’s fault, but I’m not going to load someone else’s on her. She only invited the magician to teach the child not to stick out. Against the law? Yes, but as a MOTHER has a right. I do not like? Bring it where it should be ... The further avalanche of events is no longer her "merit". Eamon's poisoning is the work of Jovan on Howe's orders. The call of the demon - from the desire of the child to save his father and the carelessness of Jovan, who left the "wrong books" in an accessible place. The death of people is entirely the work of a demon, with whom some even "agree" o_O

Don't like her manners? Your right, but KILL because of this?!

p
pashalet 20.01.23

Zer Ael - categorically disagrees with "I don't see Isolde's guilt" - and on all counts. But I won't argue. Everyone has their own truth. :-)) And arguing is a tiring task. Each of us can give 2 counterarguments to any argument ... a meaningless exercise. ;-)))

b
baedd pibau 20.01.23

Zer Ael,
what's wrong with an agreement with a demon? in the fight against PT, any means are good, and even blood magic. Is this really terrible for you? I will reveal a terrible secret: I did not disdain even the dark ritual. yes, yes, and at the same time I condemn Isolde))

B
Bormotun73 20.01.23

"All women are fools!!!" this saying, more than ever, fits the characteristics of Isolde. The question is... is this enough to take her life??? I think not, in the end, the GG is intended for this, to solve the problems of such miserable people as efficiently as possible (here, of course, a lot depends on the wagering, well, I played for a noble brow, so ..). Yes, and in the game, after all, no one removes the blame for what happened to Isolde, I’m sure that the recovered earl Eamon will “put her in sight”, all this is true behind the scenes, but GG with his mission should not touch this family showdown.
It is not clear the current one thing, were Isolda and Jovan .. lovers, were there such rumors in the village?!)))

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 20.01.23

pashalet, looking at how you condemn the classic spoiled ugly mommy, I can’t help but say: 1
) Let’s kill Morrigan again. After all, she has such worldviews, what are you: (And she’s also a thief!
Leliana. And what, she was a bard.
3) Naturally!! Let's kill Stan. He killed the farmers with absolutely nothing. At least Isolde had some kind of goal.
4) Do not forget Alistair. He killed Loghain. And not out of a desire for justice, but out of a banal revenge. Ololo, hang him!
5) Well, Zevran, epta, of course. He's a hired killer.
You don't have to touch Old Wynn, she'll die soon anyway. Oddly enough, the dog didn't do anything wrong. Killing Oghren because he drinks and swearing is somehow not even in your style.
As for the fact that Isolde is a presumptuous noblewoman, this is quite true. It’s time to put aside the tales that all nobles are super-noble.
She did not want to give up the child, of course, because of maternal feelings. And this is also quite a SKD fact that the mother will do anything for the sake of the child. And do not care that there may not be gushing consequences.
As for the cowardly sykla - I'm sorry, but if I don't know how to use a weapon, am I automatically assigned the status of a Ssykla?
This is not a modern world for you, where the last shit with a gun in your hand becomes a god. I would watch how you, holding a pointed piece of iron in your hands for the first time, would go to kill a demon.
The fact that she eventually began to indulge the demon is also a banal reaction of stupid women to such situations. Be that as it may, her son was standing in front of her. Or, at least, the body of her son.
It seems to illuminate everything?
---
As already mentioned somewhere above, I don’t see Isolde’s fault.
Quite an ordinary reaction of stupid women. Stamp.

p
pashalet 20.01.23

Lord Icarus Indoril - are you sure you're leading the discus at the address? "It's time to put aside the tales that all the nobles are super-noble. It's time to understand that they are mostly presumptuous, arrogant, all-despising bastards." - I do not remember that I stated such "fairy tales". So let's not wishful thinking for the sake of a red word.

Isolde's fault is not that she is spoiled, stupid or blinded by love for her son. And that she doomed the inhabitants of Radcliffe to death. The undead ravaged houses, devoured parents in front of the children (this is confirmed by numerous testimonies of the villagers) And Isolde consciously did not call the Templars and continued to invite new victims to the brutalized son. Maternal instinct? More like an obsession. Isolde is more of a demon than Conrad.

PS
Morrigan kicked out - for a witch. (Here she will fill up her mother and become the second Flemeth. Obviously, just as Flemeth "prepared" her for herself, Morrigan wants to get the "arch-child" in order to take possession of him in the future, having received superpower).
Sten was left to rot in a cage - for this is his choice.
Alistair is executed by Anora - for it is also his choice.
Everyone is responsible for their own decisions.
;-)

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 20.01.23

Isolde's fault is not that she is spoiled, stupid or blinded by love for her son. And that she doomed the inhabitants of Radcliffe to death. The undead ravaged houses, devoured parents in front of children. But Isolde consciously did not call the Templars and continued to invite new victims to the brutalized son. Maternal instinct? More like an obsession. Isolde is more of a demon than Conrad.
You, apparently, missed all my words by ears / eyes. Therefore, it makes no sense to continue the argument. Yes, maternal instinct, backed up by stupidity.
The undead ravaged houses, devoured parents in front of children.
This is also for the sake of a red word.
Morrigan kicked out - for a witch. (Here she will fill up her mother and become the second Flemeth. Obviously, just as Flemeth "prepared" her for herself, Morrigan wants to get the "arch-child" in order to take possession of him in the future, having received superpower).
Sten was left to rot in a cage - for this is his choice.
Alistair is executed by Anora - for it is also his choice.
I hope you did not forget to kill Loghain, the Spirit of the Forest, the leader of the Dalish, Caridin, Branca, etc.?
I mean, leaning on a stupid mother, you forget about a good half of the other characters in the game.
I hope Branco