3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pashalet 20.01.23 03:08 pm

Is the Earless Isolde worthy of life? (Dragon Age: Origins)

Since Jovan and the family of Earl Eamon have already been remembered, it’s a sin not to discuss Isolde. :)) Personally for me in the game - the moral choice was not "kill or spare Konrad". My main question is "is Isolde worthy of life?" Pure IMHO - this is one of the most vile characters in the game. And here's why:

1) The young wife of an old rich man, which, as it were, already symbolizes. Spoiled and capricious (seen by the demeanor). Arrogant, arrogant (when the GG began to object to her, she yelled in shock, "What impudence, is WHO still here??").

2) Stupid as a cork - otherwise I would have realized that indulging the demon would not fix the situation, but only worsen it.

3) Cowardly - when her possessed son attacked GG and the battle began in the castle, she ran into a corner and sat there with her hands over her ears (for example, GG's mother, when passing for a noble person, fought with enemies with a sword in her hands)

4) Isolde puts herself over society - and sincerely believes that no rules are written for her. All magicians are taken to the Tower. And everyone obeys - for this is the LAW. But Isolde is sincerely sure that a noble position puts her outside the system. Let the lives of the plebeians be destroyed, families be torn, destinies be crippled ... Isolde - didn’t give a damn! Her beloved Conrad must stay with her. And calling an "illegal" magician into the house is just a little prank! Of course, any peasant would simply be pulled up for such a thing - but who would touch the earl's wife, right?

5) Justifying herself in everything, she is extremely cruel to others. After all, she herself committed a state crime, but considers herself a "victim" of circumstances. But on the broken by fate (see walkthrough for the magician) Jovana - yells "Execute! Only execute!! I demand !!!" She absolutely does not care about the villagers, who were brutally killed on the orders of her obsessed son. Arriving in the village - she did not even take an interest in their fate.

6) Realizing that she had let the situation out of control, she finally spread her snot and began to spread herself in front of the demon. She got to the point - that she lured her relative to the demon for fun, knowing full well that Teagan could not defeat the succubus.

7) Many considered it beautiful that she offered to sacrifice herself. Yes, of course, maternal instinct ... But I think the motives of erlessa are somewhat deeper. Isolde perfectly understood that there were noble gentlemen around - which means that she would 100% rush to dissuade and offer other options! (That is, on the one hand, it seems to have shown everyone that she is a super-mother, ready to die for her son - on the other hand, the “victim” is most likely not required, that is, pure profit!) There is another point: for sure, erlessa had time to think: what will Eamon do with her when he recovers and finds out how the wife framed his family before the templars, invited the poisoner to the house, killed her son, servants, vassals, actually ruined the estate and nearby lands? Yes, and the church inquisitors and royal judges will inevitably have SERIOUS questions. So "

Summary. IMHO - a spoiled bitch. She tried to deceive the Church - as a result, her husband was poisoned, and a demon moved into his son. I crap myself out of fear - I let the situation take its course, indulged my son's demonic amusements. The result is a pile of corpses. The guards died, the servants died, the peasants died. Women and children died.

So what did you do with her?
151 Comments
Sort by:
A
Aziraphale 20.01.23

Kotenko61, did not understand ... what exactly is "hardly"?

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

Marion Grey. I have nothing against you personally. And I wrote this simply because this topic has already been raised several times. Someone heard something on the street and away we go. I understand that if some character in the dialogue personally complained to you about the adventures of Isolde, then it would be worth discussing. And so. Gossip. The aunt in Denerim at the church does not close her mouth at all. Well, let's, if you want, create such a topic.
And about the Archdemon, excuse me of course, got excited. After all, I already went through the game, but I forgot that the dead are either good or nothing.

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

"Probably" means no. Did you even read anything about quest personas in the end credits? Well, like the fact that the dwarf, which we cured in Orzamar, gave birth to the second great dwarf mages. The first one, as you remember, we sent to the Circle, and so on. The credits say about whom: they helped the elves - they talk about Lanaye, they put Belen on the throne, for example - about him and speeches. Well, Dagna is mentioned simply because she is still the first dwarf in the Circle.

A
Aziraphale 20.01.23

Kotenko61, I remember once it was in the credits that Bella became the head of the tavern in Radcliffe, renamed it the "Shelter of the Gray Warden" (or Rest? something like that in general), that stories are often told there how the heroine of Ferelden saved Radcliffe from the walking dead, but these stories are believed less and less.

And about the fact that she can marry Tegan is written in the wiki. and I tend to believe. If you're interested, I can post a link. but it's all in english

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

About the "Shelter of the Gray Warden" I also, in my opinion, had it. I meant brother and sister. He wrote about them. Sorry for not clarifying.

A
Aziraphale 20.01.23

Here are the endings on the wiki, I translated it in a hurry, so don’t blame me))

If the Guardian saves Bevin, Caitlin’s brother, in Redcliffe, uses his sword and then returns it, then Bevin will become a famous adventurer and will tell how he met as a little boy with the Gray Warden who, with the help of his father's sword, saved Radcliffe and then brought him back.

If the Warden paid enough for Caitlin's sword to make her leave for Denerim, she uses the small amount to open a foundry. She will become rich and respected, and one day she will meet Bann Tegan at court. In a few months they will get married.

If the Guardian gives Bella enough money to leave Redcliffe, she will make it safely to Denerim, where she will open her own brewery and meet Bann Tegan one day. In a few months they will get married.
I wrote about the option with the tavern above)))

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

Maybe our localizers cheated a little? I gave them the highest possible amount for the sword. And at that time I had money - chickens were sick. And to be sure, I put a hundred in the system unit. And the credits, I remember exactly that there was nothing. It would be interesting to ask the one who played the original.

A
Aziraphale 20.01.23

Kotenko61, chz. I remember for the sword I gave 1 gold like. apparently little. Happily started again, let's try to give more. Or is Bella to pass off as Tegan? she seems prettier .. and return the sword))

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

And maybe here, too, you need to choose? Or this or that. If you give it to both, then they will fight because of Tegan, pull out each other's hair. Well, who needs them?

I have a stupid question. And how much is a little? In the sense that they won’t deprive us of our stomach here for an outtop? No, of course I don't mind. Guilty - execute. But I would prefer that in my place there were either Loghain, or Alistair or Sten - they are no strangers.

C
Crociato 20.01.23

I read on bioware.ru that there is a funny bug in the epilogue in which Caitlin and Bella marry Tegan at the same time, i.e. a page falls out where one marries him, then a page where they write that another marries him, if both are given money.
On the subject: Isolde was sacrificed, he had no doubts about this decision. And the point here is not that she is a fool or herself to blame for everything that happened, but that the journey to the magicians and back would take several weeks, and it is not known what a demon can throw out during this time. It could well be that we would have returned with the magicians of the circle, and would have found some ruins and corpses, and the demon would have escaped to freedom. Or is the life of one erlessa dearer to you than the lives of innocent people? The only alternative is to kill Conor, but why make things so complicated when, as Morrie rightly pointed out, there is a volunteer?
Can anyone argue?

A
Aziraphale 20.01.23

Kotenko61, wow! no need for sudden movements, right? for Ala and the Wall, I'll tear anyone I want to the British flag :D

And how much is a little bit?
Well, as you can see, it's progressing at full speed)))

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

Crociati. I don't remember exactly who (in my brother earl) says that the road will take one day across the lake. And I have some very big objections. But if I answer, I won’t prove anything to you anyway, will I?

M
MaikSuperKil 20.01.23

Nope, she is a complete RAT, she betrayed me and wanted to grab the power. I locked her in the dungeon. Such a bastard...

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

Wstfql I meant the 20th post:
Sten was left to rot in a cage - because it's his choice.
Alistair is executed by Anora - for it is also his choice.
Loghain executed with his own hands.
By the way, I've never been on any forums. And you know what made me sign up here? It is these two lines, well, also about Morrigan (he kicked out - because she is a witch). This angered me so much that for two days I mentally rebuked pashalet. But I didn't post my thoughts here. I just thought - and who am I to criticize someone. Everyone plays to the best of their moral principles and principles. But if you want, I can develop this topic - to say what I think about it. Can create a new topic "So who still makes the choice - the NPCs or all the same we?"

V
Verka Smerduchka 20.01.23

Crociati
Can anyone argue?

Of course ^^
I also chose this option (sacrifice Isolde) in the first playthrough for the same reason, I even wrote about it here somewhere above. But in the game, the time spent is not taken into account, so no matter how long it takes us to visit the mage tower, we can do this even after completing 2/3 of the game. So this is not an excuse, to be honest :)

Kotenko61
You can, of course, develop this topic, but it's better to do it in a more appropriate section, there are some here ;)

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

It's already three o'clock in the morning and it looks like I'm completely dumb. MaikSuperKil, what are you talking about and to whom?

l
le_Sab 20.01.23

2 Verka Smerdyuchka, Crociati

From the point of view of the fight against the Pestilence, it is necessary not to sacrifice Isolde, but to kill Connor. First, isn't it foolish to trust a renegade mage to perform a blood magic ritual? What if something goes wrong? Secondly, it’s easier to fight a demon on your own territory, and not on his, in the Shadow, where he should, in theory, be stronger.

PS I myself usually run after magicians :)))

K
Kotenko61 20.01.23

People!!! Come to your senses!!! What are you talking about!!! Here you go. I did not want to, but still got involved in the controversy. For you, to kill or not to kill is just timing? It is primarily a moral choice. Why do we constantly justify ourselves by saying that by killing these, we are saving thousands. Well, we killed Isolde and Conor. Then someone else. How, after all, we have a holy goal - we save the world! And for some reason we forget that the thousands we save are made up of just such Isolde.
You know, back in the 19th century, the revolutionary Alexei Nechaev wrote: "Everything that contributes to the cause of the revolution is moral." A little historical background. During the assassination attempt on Alexander 2, 11 people died from an explosion in the palace, 56 innocent people were injured. At the last attempt on his life, the first bomb mortally wounded the apprentice boy. During the attempt on the life of Pyotr Stolypin during the explosion, his son and daughter were wounded (the daughter remained crippled for life), 25 people died on the spot, 24 people were wounded and died from wounds (among them were peasants, and bourgeois and nobles). The terrorists, after all, were also guided by high principles. Let us kill half, but we will lead the rest to a brighter future.
Although. Maybe some kind of erlessa is not worthy of our fair one? Here, of course, the developers made a mistake. Why didn't they provide for the possibility of sorting - worthy to the left, the rest to the right.
During one of the passages, during the defense of Radcliffe, I noticed that the innkeeper had died - his corpse stood out very much. So I, the fool, overplayed twice until I saved all the inhabitants. And the guy was ugly. This is his: "Why should I go to the militia? I'll sit in the basement." And I had no mercantile interest. I knew that he would not have any new goods, and those that were, I took from Bella for that. But now I'm thinking, was it worth it to take a steam bath? Moreover, judging by the comments in other topics, kill at least every first one, this will not affect the finale in any way. Anyway, we are the heroes - the saviors of the world.

C
Crociato 20.01.23

Verka Smerduchka
How is that not an excuse? Firstly, when I played the game for the first time, I didn’t read any forums or walkthroughs, and I couldn’t know that such a stupid act as going to God knows where, God knows how long the magicians, when the demon rages here, will remain without consequences. What if the demon had run away with the boy while we were out somewhere? Secondly, the arguments: that there is no time in the game and blood pressure, and so it will wait for us as long as you like, I do not accept. We don’t know about it, and what about immersion in the game, playing the role. And where is the drama, the difficult choice, if we know in advance that we can go after the magicians and save everyone?

K
Kena Kefril 20.01.23

Indeed, when I played for the first time, I did not know that Connor could be saved. This answer didn't open up for me. It was, of course, unpleasant, but I just didn’t know that it was possible to go to the Circle Tower until I read it in the Passage. And Alistair then, I remember, also reproached that the child was killed. But if the game did not provide for it at all, what could be saved? We always have to sacrifice something, even for a good purpose and regardless of our will. By the way, I am now playing with Sheila for the first time and my father asked me to save my daughter in the basement. So, I didn't make it. It's a shame. And I don't know if it can be saved.