3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
z
zaket 20.01.23 03:35 pm

Doesn't display 1060 msi image

Hello! There was such a situation.
They gave me a 6gb msi 1060 video card, previously there was a gt 610 1 gb.
After installation, a problem arose, the computer starts up, everything is on and spinning, but there is no image on the monitor (TV).
After starting, after 10 seconds, the backlight on the TV will light up and that's it. After n times, the computer outputs the image. On the old video card, everything is fine the first time.
Computer characteristics:
1) processor i3 2120
2) gigabyte ga-h61m-s1 rev 4(1155) motherboard
3) bp 500 w
4) 2 dice 4 gb ddr 3
5) video card msi 1060 6gb
Help please.
34 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

zaket
Did you connect the additional power on the video card tightly?

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

zaket
zaket wrote:
I know 70%...
What does 70% mean, it's hard to open the case and look, or too lazy?
...Bp acc-500w-nd
Something like that?
Spoiler
If so, then personally I somehow do not inspire confidence. I won’t say that the PSU is bad, but even according to the inscriptions on the sticker, my old man of 2010, who was OEM with the case, and worked relatively normally for more than 9.5 years, looked decent, at least the AC Input parameter (the screenshots are not mine) ..
Spoiler
... not to mention the current one: Spoiler
It
would be nice to know which one...
zaket wrote:
...msi 1060 6gb...
..., models are different (for example, with factory overclocking). If the PSU pulls normally (there are no voltage surges beyond the 5% limit), then such a config should be mastered. My 500-watt machine coped with the config (available in the profile) 4790K + GTX960 (approximately equal in power consumption to the 1060th).
Spoiler
All this provided that your computer does not have manual overclocking - in this case, it is difficult to predict performance. And the video card itself is working - I hope that it ...
zaket wrote:
...Given...
...not just to get rid of almost non-working hardware.

z
zaket 20.01.23

Kartonkratos
course

z
zaket 20.01.23

SonyK_2
About bp.
Yes, I was thinking of replacing it (I was lying around looking for mb, but alas, they don’t have enough pins for the video card)
I’m 70% sure that the video card was not mined.
Video card photo

z
zaket 20.01.23

z
zaket 20.01.23

z
zaket 20.01.23

SonyK_2
About the fact that...
I hope that it...
zaket wrote:
...Given...
...not just to get rid of almost non-working hardware
I'm sure it's working, I was able to run it yesterday, but this 1 in 100,000,000 chance to display a picture.

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

SonyK_2
Where did you get such consumption figures from? as much as 460 watts on the i7 4790K and gtx 960, something that calculator is ringing in full! on my ryzen 7 3700x with 16 gb ram and rtx 2070 super there will be no such consumption, maybe if everything is overclocked it will turn out like this, and then this is if everything is loaded to the maximum! but still the calculator is a star or am I missing something?!

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

zaket
zaket wrote:
...I'm sure it's working, I was able to run it yesterday...
Is the 1060 connected to the screen via the same port/cord as the 610?
...but it's a 1 in 100,000,000 chance to display a picture.
If such a small chance, then you should not be sure of its full performance. If her image appears sometimes, but the old video card always has it, either the problem is in the video card itself (for example, the contact is lost somewhere), or the PSU does not pull.
The GT 610 has a power consumption of ~ 30 W, with such a low TDP even an additional power plug is not needed (if it is missing, no wonder)...
Spoilerhttps://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gt-610. c821
..., and for the 1060th (judging by the screenshots, this is MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X) ...
Spoilerhttps://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-gtx-1060-gaming-x.b3703
..., TDP ~ 120W. If the PSU is normal and the power supply (especially the additional one, through the 8-pin connector) is provided as expected - there are no questions, the recommendations for such a vidyuhi are a 300 W PSU. But if the PSU for some reason does not pull, it can start up once out of many. If possible, ask someone for a known working PSU (which definitely produces at least 300 watts) and check on it. Will constantly work - most likely yours can not cope with the load.

Kartonkratos
Kartonkratos wrote:
...calculator star or am I missing something?
Answered in a personal, so as not to offtopic.

z
zaket 20.01.23

SonyK_2
Or maybe it is that you first need to warm up the computer and then the video card will work?
More precisely, pull out the video card to build a little on the processor, and then insert the video card and everything will work.
Or maybe I need to warm up the bp and everything will be ok.
I don’t even know what to do, but I started the PC from the processor and downloaded the same application as yours, and I saw that it had about 465w power supply for sure.
I think this is more than enough for my build.
After all, I have one power supply for 450w, but it has 2 to 4 pins and one to 6 pins.
That's not 2 not 1.5.
But I don’t know where to find a person with bp.
In general, I understood the problem at least.
But still I would like to know more about the methods of correction and any suggestions.
Thank you SonyK_2.

z
zaket 20.01.23

SonyK_2
I recently launched gtx 460 768mb on this power supply.
So he has a 2 to 6 pin connection and immediately started up, but this video card has artifacts, so I put it back
) moment.
When I turned on the PC and there was still the same black screen, and I was able to hear the sound through the headphones as I disconnect and connect the wire.
So the video card is working properly and loading.
Mb is it in the monitor?
What do you think?

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

zaket
zaket wrote:
...maybe you need to warm up the computer first and then the video card will work?
...maybe I need to warm up the power supply unit and everything will be ok...
You don't need to "warm up" anything. If everything is in order with the computer, it will immediately work "on the cold".
...mb that all the same, my motherboard does not pull this video card and therefore rarely displays a picture
. This can only happen if the video card does not have additional power and it receives it only through the PCI Express port. Usually, when the TDP of a video card exceeds the PCI-E power threshold, the manufacturer makes additional power connectors on it. Although it happens that they add it to relatively low-power ones - my old GTX 650 with TDP ~ 65 W and an additional 6-pin connector will not let you lie.
Spoilerhttps://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/palit-gtx-650-2-gb.b2380
In other respects, it cannot but pull - PCI-E ports are backwards compatible. Those. for example, a video card with PCI-E 3.0 will work on a motherboard with PCI-E 2.0, but of course at the bandwidth of the latter. At the 960 itself, for some time I worked like this on the config with Athlone (from the profile), there were no problems.
... Mb is it in the monitor? ...
Maybe in it. But first, don't ignore the questions you're asked. Where is the answer to...
SonyK_2 wrote: Is
the 1060 connected to the screen via the same port/cord as the 610?
I didn't just ask. If your 610th is connected to the screen through a different port and cable, the problem may be in them.
...bp I don't know where to find...
If it is not possible to check on other equipment (your own, or friends / acquaintances, etc.) - carry it to the service. Or for the service to come to you with their PSU and check the work on your computer, if they do so.

z
zaket 20.01.23

SonyK_2
At the expense of connection.
I connected the same wire (hdmi).
Maybe in the near future I will buy myself an adapter from hdmi to displayport.
To make sure it's plugged in.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

zaket
zaket wrote:
...Maybe in the near future I will buy myself an adapter from hdmi to displayport. To make sure it's plugged in.
For starters, it's better to call some computer service and find out how much it costs to test your vidyuhi (right there, in front of you) on their system - just a connection to display an image, without running with special programs. At the same time, it will be checked on another motherboard and PSU. If the service is cheaper than cable, it is easier to take it to the service. Or call their masters at home with an HDMI - DisplayPort cable.