3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KopiPaT 20.01.23 03:38 pm

What do you prefer to play games on?

I've always played on consoles, but I built a PC for myself and sold the console. When playing games and controlling with a mouse and keyboard, I feel uncomfortable compared to playing on a gamepad. Fortunately, I have one gamepad left and I’m more used to playing with it. Do you traditionally use a mouse and keyboard when playing on a PC, or, like me, are you used to playing on a gamepad?
3 Comments
Sort by:
L
Loken 20.01.23

Somewhere from 95-96 until 2004 I played only on the gamepad (and a gun for shooting bandits and ducks) - Dendi, Sega, PS1, PS2, and after that only on the keyboard and steering wheel. In 2012, I bought some kind of gamepad to play God of war 3 on the released ps3 emulator, since then I haven’t taken the gamepad in my hands, I don’t even know where it is.
I am a former nerd of contra, dota and apex, for me, out of habit, already surgically precise control in games is everything. Even in the Rocket League, the Champion rank was raised by playing exclusively on the keyboard, although there the game was created for the gamepad.

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

Keyboard + mouse. I tried it with a gamepad about 10-12 years ago, it’s convenient for me only in fighting games or racing, so it didn’t work.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

I didn’t learn to play on the gamepad, and at the fundamental level of orientation in the spacer, it was not very necessary for games. I think you can learn, but it’s better to think over such a control so that you don’t have to learn how to play exactly on the sticks, but so that you play like you’re watching a movie. Ato after an hour of the game, my fingers ached about the active bea out of habit. sticks have only an advantage in analog walking. the mouse has the advantage of a large surface and the absence of inverse kinematics of the stick force.
I felt something similar when I rode on all sorts of cars and after a Muscovite from a well-depressed developed pedal I got into a fresh square fret there, the ignition key is on the left and the gas pedal is tight, and when you try to go, it pulls and stalls immediately because of which, with curses, it catapulted from there .