3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AKKERMANN666 20.01.23 03:56 pm

How to make friends with RAM 4 + 4 + 8 + 8

Ddr3 had 2 dice 4 + 4, bought 8 + 8
I plugged it in, there is no image. He pulled out the old memory, wiped it from oxidation, changed slots a-b-a-b and b-a-b-a (a-new 8GB, b- old 4GB), does not start.
It started a-b-a-x and a-x-a-b (where x is an empty slot, i.e. didn’t insert a RAM)
Question to the connoisseurs why it didn’t start in dual-channel modes and how to make it friends so that it was 24GB
7 Comments
Sort by:
L
Loken 20.01.23

Try increasing the memory voltage. You can also try to throw a voltage on the memory controller.

A
AKKERMANN666 20.01.23

Loken
It becomes through Bios?

t
trs12571 20.01.23

AKKERMANN666
You have only tried it with two new plates, or maybe one is defective. Try aa-b-b and see what happens.

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

AKKERMANN666
Most likely a poor motherboard, if it doesn't work after updating the Beavis, then most likely the motherboard needs to be replaced. In general, I am amazed at people who ask questions without giving a full history. Write complete system config

A
AKKERMANN666 20.01.23

trs12571
I tried a-x-a-x it works sees 16
I forgot to indicate that when three dice are launched, but only 8GB is available in the properties
If 2 by 8, then all 16 sees

L
Loken 20.01.23

AKKERMANN666 wrote:
Is this done through BIOS?
Yes. This is the first thing you should try after making sure that all the slots on the mother are in order and that all memory sticks are working and do not conflict with each other. Then you try to update the bios. If none of that helps, keep 8+8.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

Or the wrong slots are being used. I had such a thing that if you connect it like in a Maul where the channels are not working.
or the memory is very different and cannot work together. there the old ddr 3 cannot work with the new couple, I remember this.
and it seems pointless to go into the BIOS, because with each new one it will reset its settings or some ddr slot is not working.
I also had a mat board that for some reason did not call all the memory, although it worked until it had the actually working 1st current slot.

I'm waiting for you to try to make it work with 2 different slats and then add 2 others.