3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Focus 20.01.23 04:06 pm

Games and age

Hello, I'm 31 and about 5 years old I lost interest in games. In general, I lost it, not in the evening after work, not on vacation, not on a vacation watch, not for whiskey, not for beer, games do not come in! I can force myself to play something for a maximum of an hour! what is this? Are the games getting worse or are we snickering? maybe age? this topic, they say, thinking aloud, maybe there are also guys who are in this state? I sit and think about doing a little MB with my own and plunging headlong into family life, but why waste time then? I used to play everything, both singles and MMOs, I could farm mobs for 16 hours, now it’s an impossible task to go through a 10 hour Kinzo :)
29 Comments
Sort by:
B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Farm for 16 hours? Here it came

F
Focus 20.01.23

BDmitriy
Yes, it was a long time ago and not true. Korean wankers forced to do this) it was all this last time in 2011, 11 years have passed since then

P
Pavel Rally 20.01.23

Focus
I was also tired of games, I accepted it calmly and began to look for other interests.

K
KIBERMAX 20.01.23

Focus
In fact, the same crap, 30 years old, I almost don’t play anymore, on the weekends, but I stupidly kick ... sitting at the computer, but it happens and it’s rare to go through at least one game, a small indie game (of good quality).

R
Ryu_Hayabusa 20.01.23

snickering

F
Focus 20.01.23

Pavel Rally
Did you find something? At one time I was fond of web design, and now I have fallen into this topic.

KIBERMAX
That's probably what I would play in any UFC, a couple of matches and that's it. Although the eyes are still looking towards Diablo 4, and yes! I want something so step-by-step, without haste, etc.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Focus
So, just played enough and that's it. Everything passes. I myself now even expect a series that I used to expect, I don’t expect it like that anymore, almost like a drum - well, it will come out and come out. For myself, I found a type of motivation - I record my own passages and post them on YouTube - so at least there is some interest ...

S
Sam_FisherPG 20.01.23

Focus wrote:
mb small with his own and plunge headlong into family
life Of course, you can object to me now, but it's only your own business what you will do, I just decided to warn you about the consequences of these actions. If you want to get a more detailed answer on this topic (if you are interested), write to me in a personal.
As for games, now there are simply few projects that can emotionally hook you, try to play Metro Exodus, Red Dead Redemption 2, if you haven’t played, these are the last 2 games that caused me a range of different emotions.

D
DEAD SnAke 20.01.23

I'm already close to 30 myself and, I confess, I have a problem with starting to play new games. As soon as I see a game, at least a few examples of similar games already played in my head immediately appear in my head and, accordingly, it is very difficult to start playing the same game. Here's a real life example - just yesterday I started playing NieR Replicant, although I installed it on release, lol (April 2021 by the way). At one time, I went through Automata with great pleasure, but the understanding that Replicant is, most likely, the same Automata, only at the minimum, did not allow me to start playing. But I started and couldn't stop! All the same, what cool universes does Yoko Taro make, what productions, what gameplay, and what kind of music, mmm ... And what did I put off?
Another example is the release of Iron Man VR on Quest 2. I'm a pretty big fan of Marvel and superheroes and a huge VR enthusiast, but I saw the gameplay on PSVR and somehow it didn't impress me... But today I still launched the game - and got stuck for a couple of good hours, really cool done!
I'm all for what ... IMHO, it's still worth trying new games, especially completely new ones, the mechanics of which you personally have not met or really like. The main thing here is to start and, if the game is suitable, it will most likely drag you into the "good old". And if the game is the bottom, then, alas, there's nothing to be done. Unfortunately, there are too many of these in recent years, all well-known series have slipped into self-copying and assembly line purely for the sake of profit. Everywhere there is creative impotence from a game design point of view, bugs on release, useless optimization, a stupid illogical plot and, often, another agenda to boot. With such a set, you will not only want to play, but also live in principle.
In general, I would not quit the game as a whole, because the likelihood that sooner or later something worthy will come out, at least on some platform, is high. It remains only to wait and believe. Or make perfect games yourself.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Focus
If you want to plunge into family life, then divorce is an optional "feature", as they say above. My wife and I have been living for 12 years, we have two children. I rarely play games, but still I play with interest. for some time, either interest will return, or it will go out completely. I haven’t gone out because of the short time for games, and there have been a lot of games over the past 12 years.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

I don’t think that this is a specific biological age,
I somehow recently sat down to go through the Oblivion test and in general it kept me about like in the epic times, but it cost not to play it for a week and I was already too lazy. despite the fact that, in general, the time for games conflicts with other activities, some of which, however, are related to games.

R
RicoChico 20.01.23

For me personally, there are not enough games with an adult, non-clichéd plot. Everything is created for teenagers, or according to the logic of "something for everyone." The game does not involve me when the plot is contrary to logic.
Really. These stupid plot twists predicted at the beginning of the game have already got me. And then I see it only gets worse.

S
Spiny 20.01.23

I've been tired of singles for a long time. Himself is already 31 years old, but running into singles is just torture. In this life I have seen a bunch of stories. Movies are simpler, they go for 2 hours and you just watch, but you have to immerse yourself in the game, but much more hours and I guess many moments. Online is more interesting for me, but not for children in the form of a cop or a window. However, there is still a problem, there are not many friends, and it gets boring with randoms.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

Focus wrote:
can all the same age?
All the same. I understand very much. As you get older, you really lose interest, especially because of the glut of past games.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

Focus wrote:
and plunge headlong into family life,
I did just that. Now more or less interest began to wake up to games. As the map appears, I will start some old games to play again. Dedicate three hours a week to them. And not like before for four hours a day, and even much more on weekends. There are much more interesting hobbies than spending hours at the computer.

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

Turned 35 in August, a gamer from the age of 6, as Dendy's parents bought, then Sega Mega Drive 2, PC, exclusives passed on the consoles of his younger brother. Not a nerd, just a hobby, at the same time I write reviews and do reviews when I have time. I play for stories and interesting mechanics. I think that games are a natural extension of cinema in the field of entertainment. You just have to not only watch and listen, but also participate. Plus, sometimes it will depend on your decisions where the plot will turn.

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Focus
Focus wrote:
I sit and think about doing a little MB with my own and plunge headlong into family life
If you are in the Russian Federation, then an extremely bad idea. More and more smart people refuse them, referring to the lack of prospects and a very expensive life. Given the archaization of the economy, the transfer to primitive rails, as well as propaganda and imposition (a completely intolerant phenomenon), in schools in particular, and the environment is mired in gray tones (parents are not able to protect them (I constantly observe this), moreover, they have there is no time or they themselves are the same), I feel very sorry for these children. And the most important question - for what and why they are planted, no one knows. How and who needs them here. In the end - the higher the level of intelligence, the less the need for procreation (these are not empty words). Look and read more, politics is the definition of your life, and you can’t shove your head in the sand, and with an uncomprehending look of some drunkard pretend nothing is happening and it has nothing to do with you. Ask yourself more questions - why, why, for what, and what will be done, and how to reap, and what expenses and under what conditions, including the future, where directly and honestly - there is no certainty in tomorrow (this has already happened and happened) .
Focus wrote:
I used to play everything in both singles and MMOs, I could farm mobs for 16 hours, now it’s an impossible task to go through a 10 hour movie :)
You yourself switched from mmo and singles to movie. Isn't that the answer. Let's see what happened then - what genres and projects were walking. And what now. We are people of the times of Men of War, CoH, stalker (let's say). There are projects of a similar genre that can drag on for 100 hours. I have specific interests and requests, and if I find a project that meets those, I can get lost for hundreds, thousands of hours.
Spoiler

Many projects have come out that meet your wishes and interests? I run through the game library in order to find something that I specifically get high on. It's just about that:
RicoChico wrote:
For me personally, there are not enough games with an adult, non-clichéd plot. Everything is created for teenagers, or according to the logic of "something for everyone."
When you ask a teenager about his utopia, you will get a different point of view. Some adults whose critical thinking and imagination are completely destroyed (there are a lot of them here in the comments), they are not even able to imagine any kind of training and simulator to prepare for the birth of children (driver, rescuer, gold mining, fishing, car repair, station , production, diplomatic relations - there are, etc., but that cannot be), and using old likals that have become obsolete and even hurt, that they are far from the modern world and development. I think these are already well-established wishes in my head and inconsistency with the modern vision, lack of imagination and development. Look at the old people - do they know a lot about computers? Their training is difficult, and some situations simply do not fit in the head (for example, accidentally turn off the power supply switch,
So it's a matter of mood. Given the amount of counterfeit goods on the shelves of the store, gray everyday life, a bunch of news, this is not sunny California or bright happy Finland or Germany, take some vitamins or something. And of course walks, every day 10 thousand steps. And the computer, on it the world did not converge like a wedge, as well as in games. Accept this, and as dad said to his son (Suspicious Owl) - "son, is Limurzin a woman's breast *? No. Duck that you grabbed him. Let go." Well, good advice. I noticed a lot of people that stop wasting time on games (among acquaintances). Series, films - as an example of a new hobby. Well, this is my IMHO. *-veiled.
The main thing is not to impose your worldview, so as not to end up at the bottom of the sea with your outdated Wishlist, like some. And remember!!! In North Korea, people work all day and they don't play games anymore. I wonder why. It seems they live well, they don’t toil from idleness, a beautiful country, our ally. Soon the clothes will be taken from there. What is wrong, I have no idea.

F
Focus 20.01.23

BDmitry
I agree. With films and TV shows, the situation is the same, you turn it on and lie down thinking about the eternal, you can’t immerse yourself in the film. He also streamed and recorded it in WoW in the arena, didn’t go further than analyzing his own mistakes, but at least something useful.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

kurskiy
I used to be fascinated by network games. It's more fun to play with people. But age takes its toll. You need to start a family, a child, and not be a nerd, ala posing as an all-wise loner, sitting a lot of time until old age at the computer in thought. The same applies to girls. Rtsp-shnitsy turn into proud, angry loners. They sang the red summer, they didn’t have time to walk up, they lost the peasant because of their Wishlist, flew in and embittered at the whole world, considering us males and males, supposedly we think of only one place. Either way, it all comes down to money. If there is a grip, enthusiasm, lack of laziness, more things to do, and not a clang of the tongue, then the money will flow like a river. Successful people now are those who studied poorly at school, and not nerds who live according to orders. Because the first ones are not afraid of difficulties, they reason less, do not mumble and do not think slowly. And let the batans continue to slave for eight hours for uncles and aunts, crying that salaries are small and everything is expensive) If you have a head on your shoulders, you can always rent a room, take a loan from a bank, and do your favorite thing, selling your goods or provide services: for example, an electrician, used computer equipment, clothing, Chinese consumer goods, a bathhouse, a billiard room, a flower boutique, a comic book store, a beauty salon. In short, if a dude does not have an entrepreneurial vein, then, hunching over eight / ten hours for strangers, it will be extremely difficult for him to start a family in the Russian Federation due to lack of money. And any respectful, stately and adult woman of thirty and older will not live with a rogue dreamer, an eternal balobol. And if the children go, then there is generally little free time. Do not be afraid of difficulties. They temper the human spirit, male character. As the saying goes, we work here, and in the next world we will rest. If you want peace, prepare for war. The allegory is such that through trials and prickly thorns you make your way to family happiness. There is nowhere to retreat!

F
Focus 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
Well, here from time to time, in general, there is a grain of truth. My brother is a nerd, he went to his third higher education and runs signaling for 30k salaries, there is also a classmate who was an excellent student at school, now he works as a simple electrician for a private trader and let's say I got a certificate with troubans for a 9th grader for a bubble, I work for my uncle , but I sit in a good position with a good salary