3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 20.01.23 04:16 pm

BIOS password not reset

I purchased a HUANANZHI B75 socket 1155 motherboard on Aliexpress. It works well, but there is a problem - I cannot reset the password in the bios that I set myself. I removed the battery, changed the position of the cl cmos jumper. The internal clock is reset, but the password remains. I looked at the developed BIOS firmware files in distribution.

10 Comments
Sort by:
L
Loken 20.01.23

BIOS http://www.huananzhi.com/html/1//184/185/573.html?view=drivers#anchor
Instruction under .rom https://xeon-e5450.ru/soft/afudos/
Instruction under . bin http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/view/BIOS/Afudos

s
serfly 20.01.23

Thanks Loken. I was on this site yesterday, apparently I didn’t get to the bios. Now another question: if the version of the firmware does not fit, can I return to the previous one? There, a backup should probably be created by default, I've never done this, I'm afraid to break everything.

L
Loken 20.01.23

serfly
There in the instruction there is an item "We make a backup of the old BIOS", read it.

s
serfly 20.01.23

Loken
I read it, the backup turned out, and everything stopped there. There are 3 files in the archive from the huanahzhi website: afudos.exe, batch file B, and b75v80.bin. I renamed the last one to newbios.rom. I write "afudos newbios.rom /p /b /n /c /x" DOS writes "unknown command". I write "afudos newbios.rom /gan" DOS again writes "unknown command"

L
Loken 20.01.23

serfly
Understood, so the bios is in bin. You don't need to rename anything. Do this: on a previously created bootable flash drive with freedos, you drop the files from the archive, insert the flash drive into the computer with the Chinese, boot from the flash drive, write -
afudos b75v80.BIN /p /b /n
wait for the end.
The /x and /c keys are optional, they are for checking rom id and options.

s
serfly 20.01.23

Loken
Loken, I'm taking your time again. I did everything according to the instructions, here is the result:
And the Chinese are developed to unsubscribe briefly, write down a new BIOS, but how they do not care. DOS can't read the bin file, is that it? Do you still need ROM permission? For the Chinese, this is the only firmware file for this board.

L
Loken 20.01.23

serfly
So try different firmware.
I looked, the huananji has 5 pieces of these boards on b75. I downloaded a couple of archives with their snail's distribution speed and they have different types of bios and flashers in the archives, respectively, they come across different ones, find your specific board and try or sort through everything in order, each archive contains a batch file with commands that you will need to write in dos:
http://www.huananzhi.com/html/1/183/205/index.html?categoryid=185&title=b75
If none comes up, all the questions are for the Chinese.

s
serfly 20.01.23

Loken
Loken, thank you so much for the time spent on the kettle! There was a classical dance with a tambourine. It turned out to flash in fpt, ​​from the BIOS of the board, which I least thought about. The bad password has been removed. The login interface has changed. It used to be the American Megatrend logo, now it's full screen HUANANZHI. There are new lines in the BIOS interface. In general, I'm surprised that the system remained in working order. Thanks again.

s
serfly 20.01.23

And the Chinese recommend "installing this tool in windows", generally unsubscribe in one phrase. But now I thought that the FPTw64 program was meant, demolished both afudos and fpt to the installation flash drive. , left the bios file in bin, did not rename anything. I refused to make a copy of my bios fpt (fortunately, the copy was already created through afudos), and the new bios got up on the 1st attempt. I just want to reiterate that my success is due to your help.

s
serfly 20.01.23

By the way, the only one on the playground who answered.