3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
ikarab 26.01.23 01:13 pm

LED backlight for TV

Question about replacing the LED backlight with a Samsung QLED QE65Q7CAM TV (4K, HDR10+, 200Hz)
Recently, the upper backlight on the display turned off (it may have burned out from overheating at a peak brightness of 1500cd/m2)
1) What LEDs do I need to purchase to replace?!
2) Will these third-party LEDs affect the brightness of the TV?
If it affects the brightness, then it makes sense to set them if the TV loses its peak brightness of 1500 cd / m2 (HDR10 +)
What can you recommend?
2 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 26.01.23

ikarab It's
better not to be greedy and replace all the strips with LEDs. Taking into account the fact that this is a Samsung, getting it is not a problem.
It is desirable to measure the value of the current on the backlight. This model is no more than 4-5 years old, if I'm not mistaken. LEDs could work out their working life.

L
Loken 26.01.23

Try to write to this store asking if they know what qled are in your TV model https://tengzhixinled.aliexpress.ru/store/936602?spm=a2g2w.detail.feedback.1.7e0d76f5X0dD2v
Or disassemble the TV and watch himself, but you can shake the matrix if you have no experience.
Of course you need to change all the LEDs. If you pick up with the same parameters, you will not see the difference.