3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 28.11.19 01:08 pm

The pagefile and 16GB RAM

People, how many need PC from paging file with 16GB of RAM?
Kick in the games from the OP to 11Гб eats:

Of RAM while idle

I'm in shock:
12 Comments
Sort by:
L
Luka_gg 28.11.19

[Denis]
RAM idle. There are THREE indicator load RAM: a) Basic b) swap File and b) total pagefile (but he and the guide, if the paging file is disabled or exhausted its volume).
Here:a) Here, the first blue line is the consumption of RAM
b)a second closed N/A, just because the swap file nafig not rested and 32 GB is disabled.
in a) Grey - total pagefile, he is the chief value by which you want to navigate, with a disabled swap file. the real free volume is 8 GB.

Ideally for a gaming PC the paging file should not be. The second digit, You have to be 11 GB, this is total index with the swap file, whether it exhausted the amount of disk space or the already occupied place in the memory.
No one denies takes place the paging file in RAM. They occupied the place depends on running programs and duration of the work.
2-4 GB is more than enough. Usually, during the day of the maximum busy couple of gigs. In my case 14 days occupied about 5 GB.
[Denis] wrote:
Kick in the games from the OP to 11Гб eats:
Is that supposed to impress? As I duck the norm. Here a role is played by the small amount of video memory, this game is demanding, as I understand the demo version.
Something like this. And forcing people to use more, maybe he already used it, you need to look the download. But it's hardly, I don't even know. Under the game need Opera, not the paging file on the SSD, this is only a problem.

l
legusor 28.11.19

the paging file with that much RAM leave the minimum possible, if you read the minidumps on badah. if it is not necessary, then don't use swap file at all.

Y
Yoba1212 28.11.19

In 4K 50GB, in Andromeda gulped. )))
That's actually why she was in a stupor at seven, because there the swap file max 22Гб.
From dozens of there are no restrictions on the subject. or may have in the area of 100GB, but so far I haven't seen max download file.

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
I was just thinking earlier that 11Гб FP is eaten from the disk.
And if 16GB of RAM to disable?

legusor
In some games it is better not to disable it.For Example, The Witcher 3

Yoba1212
I have 7 on the old platform AM2+, there 8Gb.In the monitoring of the paging file the same issues as on the top-10 with 16GB

Y
Yoba1212 28.11.19

[Denis]
Hm.. found where to look. Game of the year. ))
Won in Andromeda, at seven in full HD:

And this is in the top ten in 4K. :)

And it is on the Storm, standing doing nothing. )))
Even when you run it, virtual memory is allocated 110Гб.. but it's a full on system for all applications and processes. Specifically for Andromeda stood out in batches 56gb. That's why I always say, on a disk With free space now need 130-150GB, no less.

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.11.19

Yoba1212
Yoba1212 wrote:
Hm.. found where to look. Game of the year. ))
Won in Andromeda, at seven in full HD:
So I have 7-ke in the same FHD 11Гб with a small eaten,as you do in Andromeda.There, if memory serves, the max default 12Gb.In principle, Vova set out above the answer to my main question.And the cat above slate,it will provoke you instantly will get a warning.

kot942015
Kitty, you go play in your sandbox.

L
Luka_gg 28.11.19

[Denis]
You seriously answer Yoba1212, it's lokki (http://users.playground.ru/498355/), he's a game rubs, amused. Don't distract him here, let him come back to argue with magic-hero, I stocked popcorn.
Nothing good or serious it is and I will not say no. Although marred here meme f, try. Especially the system cache, top-10 in the new version it cant hard.

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.11.19

VOVAN WOLF
Locke harmless.He loves to laugh)).Meme f was also interested in
On the old platform with reduced swap file the Witcher 3 was out

R
Rv770 28.11.19

16 gb of RAM, paging file turned off.All Chiki-peaks ))

D
Denis Kyokushin 28.11.19

Rv770
Skrinshotik you can overlay?What games Chiki-peaks?

R
Rv770 28.11.19

[Denis]
Assassins Creed Origins,FIFA 19, and in other heavy games.With 8 of RAM and disabled the paging file asasin, after 5 minutes crashes to desktop.As already wrote, with 16 not any problems.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 28.11.19

The minimum idea is to keep a 2 GB swap file.
A little more about ancient OSes (which only drove on virtualcad in recent years).
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAEВ 32-bit Microsoft Windows clients (since Windows XP SP2) using 36-bit PAE is enabled by the /PAE switch in the boot.ini, however, the maximum physical address available to the operating system RAM artificially restricted at the kernel level for marketing reasons. In Windows XP, this limit is 4 GB, 32-bit Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition supports up to 64 GB.