3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
IntroBuck 03.12.19 05:27 am

DSR in older games

Welcome. Recently learned (or rather knew quite a while ago but started using now) about the technology from the green DSR. The principle of operation is understandable, but that's not the problem: in the old games, for example, the first Witch the ability to increase the resolution to 4K, it is true, the font in the game becomes not readable. It turns out that I will not be able to fully play it FullHD with 3840x2160 scaling old games? It is a pity, because the third of the Witcher just did have a full-blown game in 4K to FullHD.

7 Comments
Sort by:
I
IntroBuck 03.12.19

P. S look closely at the boxes of pumpkins: one can see where 4K, where FullHD. Or in the middle of the beam to the right of the window. The most annoying is that the computer pulls this masterpiece in 4K, but the font...

L
Lodurr 03.12.19

Humorist. )
DSR makes sense only in UHD. From one 4K does not change anything.
DSR allows on older IPS monitors to play modern games with richer image, because before the color features were not used. Now, with the advent of 4K UHD, it has become possible to some extent. The old RGBE monitors he's just comfortable, not necessarily to change the desktop resolution, that's enough in the game using DSR to change the resolution to 4K, and everything will work. In all other cases, the effect is exactly 0.
On your screenshots the effect is quite strange, pale not so rich colors. Became less yellow and green, because of this and the red looks a little paler. In General, under 3D settings, the vast majority of parameters related to filtering and smoothing. Try their poke, you'll see that you get better without cutting colors. ;)

M
MunchkiN 616 03.12.19

DSR allows on older IPS monitors to play modern games with richer image, because before the color features were not used.
Oh Lule. JEM is downscaling by analogy with supernumerary to push pixel and ladders mostly.
that to the font size then how would peck. this affects many pitch games so it makes sense rather to play in a super low resolution at times
and in this sense a little bit.
but in more modern games MGS 5 vedimak 3 and Tama рдр2 on the pitch make sense even to play as in these games is prorastanie 2 color fishnet spots. I ugarnogo analog of downscaling came back to the normal resolution took all this pandemonium myltse and ladders aaaaaa.

l
legusor 03.12.19

I'm in the first Witcher also played upscale from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160. if fullhd is – maximally comfortable apskeyl, as if to put the resolution higher, you'll get only the increasing effect of the ladder. specifically this game on the nexus is, at least, two fashion fonts for 4K. one of them I used and all the text was in order. there you go to the section with the game and look for this mod.
DSR suggest you to disable and set custom resolution, if the type of connection, video card and the monitor itself allows it, because the use of DSR pales picture, even if the smooth mode is disabled (0%).
and here's the mod:
nexushttps://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/777
MunchkiN 616
you apskeyl from downscale can not be distinguished, and do not understand what is the supersampling. your opinion is automatically ignored.
Lodurr
Lodurr wrote:
DSR makes sense only in UHD. From one 4K does not change anything.
DSR allows on older IPS monitors to play modern games with richer image, because before the color features were not used
it shizofreniceski nonsense. DSR has the same meaning in all resolutions, if not more than double skaliranje from the individual. from double upscale changes the picture from the word altogether. to the colors of the upscaling effect of the word in any way. what is their color options, wtf? you have that matrix changes physical properties when changing resolutions? what is the physical criterion age IPS?

M
MunchkiN 616 03.12.19

legusor
under down Salonga I understand that a larger pixel density clamped in the least with the exception of the effect of grain size as one pixel of the end pixel have the original which is closer for example for photography and avoids the artificially malonovogo image.
superbling technically does the same thing but with its own characteristics. for example any msaa or ssaa.
upscale the goal of the pixel of the low density seal the pixel high density. but no matter what there was a steep abseiling on neural networks, the image will never contain the same information because it was originally there. and upscaling is usually not yuzayut to increase picture quality and performance benefit in certain conditions. approx console graphics.

L
Lodurr 03.12.19

legusor wrote:
DSR has the same meaning in all resolutions
I found someone to tell their nonsense. )
Spoiler

Realize that this is Fallout, and it is such a difficult but not impossible.
Makes it so, an updated engine and texture pack under 4K. And in the background the same РДР2 so all new. xD)
legusor wrote:
that the matrix changes the physical properties when changing resolutions? what is the physical criterion age IPS?
Why? )
IPS has been around for 30 years. The first patent was in 1990. High quality ips monitors produce for 15 years. The picture is the color gradation. The more gradations of colors, especially nasishennie, clearer, more natural, and more detailed image. Ips have at least 1.07 billion, which until the advent of 4K UHD were not in any way involved, all games were pale milise. With the advent of 4K UHD ips has become more than relevant, they are only going to see modern graphics.
About old age, good is never cheap ips is not worth it. 10 years ago high-quality ips was worth at least 800долларов, multiply by 2.5, get the minimum price of modern 1900-2000долларов.

I
IntroBuck 03.12.19

legusor
Thanks man! If everything is installed and work as it should it will be a complete thrill!!!