3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Papochka...YYY 03.12.19 06:09 am

Mission Packs (Quake 2)

well, first and probably the last :) I'm interested in the Quake 2 Mission Pack 2 - GROUND ZERO where can I download this great including all 10 types of weapons from original quake and 8 new weapons more...
195 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 03.12.19

Who needs a working link to the mission-packs, tell me. Will download again.

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

A. Soldier. How about try to fix some bugs in Q2 Mission Pack Oblivion. And try to make it to the final level.

Info : http://tenfourmaps.telefragged.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=498148&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200&sid=b9a50d4cb0dd306f1c720368c058f3a0

Well, as you Juggernaut , which I've got ? All passed ?

G
Grigoriy Maklakov 03.12.19

Good evening! Been watching your Affairs, my friends. Himself something major got hooked on Quake 2, it was many things: the original 100 times on h+, Reckoning, both Juga (castrated where on the tank it all ends and complete, where in the end three large aircraft). Zaero (last a long time drenched), GZ was not able to soak the second stage of the boss, even with BFG and 8x damage. In addition has passed a little-known Brand of neoficialni Shana - all on h+, some of them very hard (ran out of ammo in Anno Domini 1492, shot Blaster 2 aircraft hornet and 4 tank-commander), I liked to a lesser extent magic lambery - all are a little clumsy, in larger genomes - organization of the levels is interesting, but Pax - generally something, although crackout. Oblivion could not pass, because it crashes constantly, often overload, but the engine is not enough library, although there is also interesting ideas implemented. Also, escape played, short but interesting places modic.

There are two fashion, it is lazarus and doomed. Engine KM completed sensibly, allowing you to do hundreds of effects, well, the new guns are cool, too, support Idou, and even from Zaero there to add people.

So, first question - does this engine mods - folder for lazarus weighs too little - less than 1 MB?

The second question about the Doom guys went thanks to them. And the question I have is simple - but did anyone honestly all this? :-))))) Because in comparison with GZ and Pax is a mega-Giga-tera-Peta harder...

v
vicpas 03.12.19

New released for Quake2.
Info and Download: http://musashi.backshooters.com

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

Jorg and Makron in The old Republic and Oblivion were boring because it is nothing new in terms of geometry and sounds. Probably Xatrix and Lethargy were lazy and tired to do new boss models , or may be there any other reasons , dont know.

As a replacement I suggest New boss model (New for the old Republic and oblivion). It is a Devastator and Remake from Knight of the Juggernaut by A. Soldier of Light.

Author of Devastator - SlapHappy (aka Chris Kelly)
Author of Knight - Termite[BS]
Extraction and Packing - SUPERTANK aka JokerQuake.

Features :

-two variants of color scheme available (for Both Devastator and Knight).
-comes with fully new sounds (Devastator and Knight).
-animations done well but not perfect.
-models were extracted from Remake of Juggernaut

Place Pak10.pak into Xatrix or Oblivion directory.

Go to the final level and kill the boss

Devastator = Jorg

Knight = Makron

Their weapon usage is pretty same as originals had.

Attachments show color scheme #1 for both

Download Link : https://disk.yandex.ru/public/?hash=PlMgyBOi9ZjJ7MUXhxe9zRaj5iNHHg%2BehLrcC1NXPjQ%3D

If you guys have problems with download link , just let me know , I will fix it.

Source : http://leray.proboards.com/thread/3492/reckoning-oblivion-final-boss-replacement?page=1&scrollTo=26190

K
Kirill515 03.12.19

Don't know, is there someone else and sorry if off topic... the Map, he did...
https://yadi.sk/d/Pf_60inRa8Ktq
Unzip to baseq2, and in the console enter gamemap chim1
It's a bit unfinished, but you can go;)

A

Gregory Maklakov
GZ was not able to soak the second stage of the boss, even with BFG and 8x damage
There boss has one trick: when you include a Quad or double fire mode (dualfire damage), or invulnerability, boss copies it and becomes the same as you. Quad - and the boss quadruple damage... So these artifacts it is better not to use it.

Mark Shana - all on h+
I agree, it has great Addons, one of the best. The best course of Pax Imperia.

Oblivion could not pass, because it crashes constantly, often overload, but the engine is not enough library
It is necessary to use a graphics engine kmquake, and no problems with overload there anything.

Doomed this Final Remake of Doom is my addon. Really don't know who took it to the end ) Now I will try here to put the fully updated version of this Supplement, Second Edition (all perfected), so the old version will seem plain...
Fashion under Lazarus - I don't know, not seen. Probably not. In principle, a modification from Pax Imperia - modified file kmq2gamex86.dll (engine kmquake) - is the most advanced mod for single player Quake 2, I believe. A lot of chips, plenty of opportunities for mappers (mappers), I have it and use it for your addon.

Added here in file archive a new Final Remake of Doom:
quake_2_final_remake_of_doom_second_edition

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

Soldier , Hey bro !

Are you still alive ? ))) I am very glad to see you !

You don't know how one joke in Oblivion and Juggernaut Full fix (Which I for got you , remember ? By the way , how is he to you?) ?

If you view introductory demo of these add-ons , start a new game , instead of theirs first level includes the first level in the original Q2. Generally a hogwash , right ?

Oblivion - awesome , come all , no bugs for Q2 v3.24 Unofficial Patch . Well, there was overflow on harvester1 , but not all options are present (only all the weapons is one of the skin and player model instead of spitting out grenades) - then fine you can go . No other problems noticed , except for the buggy secret to some of the comm card (Door zamurovannye before him - does not open).

A

Yet Oblivion is not passed, then forgot about it. But Juggernaut Yes. How is he me? Yes as previous ) Just bigger and longer, which in itself is better.

If you view introductory demo of these add-ons , start a new game , instead of theirs first level includes the first level in the original Q2. Generally a hogwash , right ?
Yes. So I fixed it by changing the file name the first card on base1 ^_^

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

Nah , they're in the folders maps, they already named base1 . So that doesn't help.

Here it is , I think , in the demos (maybe clumsy) , or as one dude said in the bug of the engine (happens a folder is created goldmaster) . Apparently , this is a complex problem ...

A

Well, no other way to know how to solve it. But for sure, they have default base1...
What I realized from my experience about the map files... If you have a map base1 from the original campaign single allow your quake 2 is in the archive Pak file (pak0.pak in the folder baseq2), and the map Juggernaut-and base1 lies in the regular folder in the directory of the addon, but not in a Pak file, then priority for the game will be the map that lies in the Pak file into the baseq2. It happened to me once with one card. That's what the problem is. And solved it like this: you need to create a folder jugfull pak file and drag base1 from juggernaut-and. Although I have not done, and the map loaded fine and so. Maybe it's because I use the engine kmquake?...

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

OK , so I created a Pak0.pak JUGFULL and put all of its subfolders . Now after watching the opening demos loaded it right base1 map! Nishtyak!

But having done all the same with Oblivion , such a result could not be achieved . Put all its subfolders into the newly-Pak0.pak and still after watching the opening demo , the new game starts base1 original Q2. It seems here the problem will be more serious.

Here we are with the guy was texting about Oblivion

> 1) If you watch demos (demo1,demo2) and after start new game
> you will play original quake 2 (accidently) instead of oblivion.

This is a bug in the engine, it'll change current mod directory to the one set in the demo files (e.g. goldmaster) after playing. If that fails (typically here), it'll use the std baseq2 dir instead.

> it really annoys just as JUGFULL (which has the same problem)

Yes, it's a very common issue.

> 2) Do you know where is the button located which responses
> for opening the door with the secret number 2 at the Comm Array ?

It's a bug in the map. That door cannot be opened and therefore the secret cannot be found without noclipping. The door has a targetname, but no object in the map targets that name. You can't add a secret button without the map source.

> 3) Overflow at harvester1 wasnt fully fixed right? no ways to do
> that?

No, not without undesired side effects. There are too many brush models + monster types for the std Q2 protocol (max 255 models). It can be circumvented in the engine so it doesn't abort when the limit is reached (quake2max does that), but you'll still see weird anomalies until you switch to the next map.

Argh! (who made arghrad) at one point long ago worked with the map to split it in two, but he never published any of that. That is a pretty drastic change too.

> 4) Could you please make base1a as first map and then the base1
> second map

For unknown reasons the Oblivion team decided to omit that map and I don't think it adds much to the game.

> ... Zaero ... enemy count bug

This is a very common issue in mods, I've uploaded a bugfixed version of Zaero here: http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/zaero_bjp.7z . Please let me know when you've grabbed the file and if it solves the enemy count problems.

Regards,

Bengt

A

Downloaded now Oblivion, I checked out the demo. Yes, it is as you said. After the demo is loaded base1 original allow your quake 2, and it can create folder goldmaster in the main Quake2 folder. But more interesting ) Launched Oblivion under kmquake. After the demo has loaded the map of oblivion, as it should be, no goldmaster no.
But one problem: as it was not created specifically for the mod engine kmquake, no new weapons or items in the add-on has not seen, even the initial Blaster is the same as the original allow your quake 2. Although the weapon model is, the mod file gamex86.dll there is, but there is no mod file specifically for kmquake: kmq2gamex86.dll. Sorry. It would be super if someone made a mod for the game Oblivion on the engine kmquake...
We should also mention the NPC, that is, allies of the Marines that we see in the beginning of the game in Oblivion. A few friendly soldiers go after the player, helping to wet the Strogg. It is, but only on conventional engine (+mod oblivion, encoded in the file gamex86.dll). Strangely, kmquake these soldiers are doing nothing and not even armed (empty handed), that is just useless )
Screenshot:
pix.PlayGround.ru

For new skins and models there are no barriers to play on kmquake, it does not require the existence of the file modification. For new monsters and weapons need mod file, alas. That is why, for example, Juggernaut looks great on kmquake, as it is conceived, because there are only changed models and skins, no new code for new monsters. Such cases.

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

What if those demos to remove and record your can and the problem will disappear ?

By the way , played Mission Pack : Unseen ?

Good , but :

-A critical shortage of ammunition towards the middle of the game (the fucking British students simply do not put !)

-Number of secrets does not match what is written in the job (100 times flew with noclip - nifiga not found !)

-Number of enemies does not correspond to what is written in the job (49/51 for example , searched - did not find ! )

And so a good addition to the original plot ))

A

jokerquake
No, not played it. Looks like you have ) but first we need to find...

-Number of enemies does not correspond to what is written in the job (49/51 for example , searched - did not find ! )
This sometimes happens in other Addons, even in my ) Enemies killed them all, and one would not like, but killed all who were on the map. Glitch in General. The reasons for its appearance did not understand.

j
jokerquake 03.12.19

Yes , very strange, bug - annoying though)
Sorry I can't fix it (

Here you go - I have the best and the last))

Quake 2 Expansion Pack : Unseen (My Package)

-Patched GameX86.dll (the original was a fatal error , not pozwalaja download sohranki)
-The Full Manual
-Original logo + icon

Start so in the shortcut properties - Quake2.exe +set game Unseen

Reference :

https://yadi.sk/d/pwDZ2PtceLHLk

A

jokerquake
Looked it up.. the New model, many new things. Very good, Yes. But I allow your quake 2 is buggy on a normal engine, but this mod is not supported kmquake2, unfortunately...

And now the most important thing. The announcement of a new addon from me =]
A remake of the game Doom 2 Quake 2. This time all the cards make entirely from scratch, not taking other people's cards, as was the case with the Final Remake of Doom (where I converted already created by another author maps and rebuilt them - not all of course, but most of the maps were originally not mine).
New expansion, new or modified monsters, tons of new textures, sounds and models...
Roughly finished it in August.
And yet - screenshotscreated:

pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru

A

Ready Legacy of Doom 2, first edition: http://www.playground.ru/files/quake_2_legacy_of_doom_2-101057/
And second edition: http://www.playground.ru/files/quake_2_legacy_of_doom_2_vtoroe_izdanie-116853/
Download both file. Second - to put on top of the first.

v
vicpas 03.12.19

Quake 2: Zero Signal.
Info and Download: https://sites.google.com/site/sergejaeken/quake-ii-zero-signal
Quake 2: Eternal War - Shadows of Light
Info and Download: www.moddb.com/mods/eternal-war-shadows-of-light/downloads/eternal-war-shadows-of-light1
Quake 2: Zaero.
Info and Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/zaero/downloads/zaero
Quake 2 Dawn of Darkness.
Info and Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-darkness1/downloads/dawn-of-darkness-v515-full-file

A

I announce a new project that will be completed somewhere in April-may. In the process =]
The same Legacy of Doom 2, but the first part of Final Doom: TNT. All of the modes and new features.

vicpas wrote:
Quake 2: Zero Signal.
Checked, passed. A small addon for the single, topic: Strogg (as usual). Played as a regular unit in the singleplayer campaign, not bad at all. But nothing really new, pretty usual. Old enemies, the standard set of weapons...

vicpas wrote:
Quake 2: Eternal War - Shadows of Light
Looked. The tricky thing is, it's not even Quake 2. Rather, the mixture of the first and third Quake, but the third is just as dynamic lighting and special effects. Physics exactly from the first Quake, I guarantee )
The action is fast, the monsters are very dangerous and fast, sometimes even to escape from them impossible. A twofold feeling: kind of hardcore, and the like, and stupid: everything is quick, very easy to kill (on hard). Arms plain, more suitable for a Heretic than Quake. Well, magic and all that.
The architecture of the levels corresponds to the usual design of the cards of the first Quake, that is nothing special and it's pretty simple. Not impressive at all. Stalling only due to its unusual gameplay (a combination of multiple games).

vicpas wrote:
Quake 2: Zaero.
Well, this addon probably all already played )