3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anderby 03.12.19 08:44 am

Impressions of the game (Shenmue)

Create for the future and for those who played the original version.
7 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 03.12.19

Tried to go back in the summer 2015ого, in the Wake of the announcement of Shenmue III, scored on the third disk, as the work began. In the summer I struggle to digest the game with a duration of more than ten hours. Since then it has been almost three years, the development of the S III to my surprise, is not stalled and treacherously Sega has announced a lazy port. And I Dreamcast in 2014ом not collected for the two cities to such a legendary game passed before me. So, releasing in may chart transits and rubbing alcohol oxidized to the power contacts, he started to pass.

The game is quite difficult to attribute to any genre. On the one hand this quest, because there is an investigation, a lot of chatter and search items. On the other hand it is a Beat 'em up, because the hero as the son of the owner of the dojo, all conflicts decides the melee. Finally, it is an interactive movie because there are a lot of scenes (some with QTE) and non-combat gameplay is very interactive -- all the actions are done not just by pressing the button A.
Game is released, of course, graphics and study. For 1999ого years is an incredible breakthrough. Looks like a very quality game of the year 2005ого commercials for Xbox. Here and models (and animations) characters not to find fault, and the time is coming and the weather is different, and winter sets in, and the environment is changing, and full of secrets, and conversations are different every time, and all voiced such a careful approach to the game can't find now. The game world though very small (only 5 locations), but very lively, just walk around and interact with the environment a pleasure. There are many mini-games (Yu Suzuki really likes their first game are Space Harrier and Hang-On, released, by the way, close to the time in which the game action takes place (1986)) and Segasega fan service. Many different fighting techniques which is necessary to open and then pump training. And, in the end, there is Shenmue Passport with wide online functionality (leaderboards in 1999ом year and), huge databases, statistics, trailers, Otom and undiminished character models that look like with the Xbox 360.

Now the disadvantages which somewhat spoiled my impression:
The first and most critical for me -- the game almost impossible to pass 100%. Diary entries are mutually exclusive. A lot of cutscenes that occur in very strange conditions (for example, the additional scene with Nozomi can be obtained only after on the 27th of December, just in the evening after the third day, at a certain place at a certain time -- if you do not know will never guess), plus some of them do not occur at the coincidence of all the conditions (visit friends on the second disk). About absolute leveling of all the techniques I generally keep quiet. Collect the entire collection is incredibly difficult -- there are things with a chance of winning 1%, the mini-games should go at once, 777 in slot machines have to beat 18 times for opening additional figures in Shenmue Passport (I used the machine which I advised the teller and for me 50 times and no luck), and indeed figures very much, at least a hundred, and the capsules are worth the money. And when the game gives you the opportunity to earn them -- takes the opportunity to grindith (free days ends, the game goes to finals on all cylinders, Ryo refuses to leave port and play in the arcade). All that remains -- zadrotit save-load. This is a mockery.
The combat system is chaotic. This is not the case, blows it through the fall when I shouldn't. The camera plays against the player. After certain techniques of Re turns in the opposite direction, and then, when you start to drive combos, turns back. Fortunately, most fights are simple and still fascinating.
This is one of the first games using QTE. And they are here in the crystallised form -- suddenly appear in the middle of cutscenes, blink, time give not more than a second. QTE is a QTE, nobody likes them. And there's two mini-games, consisting entirely of QTE in which you have to fill 300,000 points (I managed to only 90,000).
The English voice doesn't sound good, many of the characters are not perfect.
The plot as a whole represents just the prologue (it's only the first Chapter of sixteen intended) the full picture here, only planned. There are mirrors, there is LAN Di, there's this girl from dreams. Almost all had nothing to do all game and the hero is just trying to keep up with LAN Di.
Gameplay in the beginning it seems very slow, but you get used to it.

Interesting, the legendary game is not without flaws, the pioneer, the prototype for many modern sand-box/open world games. Is available to all.
Spoiler

I
Ikar_o 03.12.19

I personally met) with this game, probably back in 2004. I bought a used CDs because of the proposed new games on the shelves, there was nothing interesting. Many times I beat shenmue on the dreamcast and have always found any interesting moments or things in the game. After all, a decent Internet connection I had and all the secrets of life) I had to seek myself and it is good! I remember how after work in the game, on the docks or simple searches (can't remember) accidentally stumbled upon a drunken bum who knocked me out, Oh famous QTE) After many cool fights and learned techniques so easy to fall in the mud;) (no I remember everything in life, you have to take a punch), the game was able to surprise you! Big brother after work rushed home and together we took the game. Although he had a wife and colleagues were asked to roll a little)
And now officially) purchase the re-release(after all, the dreamcast was one of the pirate) this impressive game for its time!

a
aleksandr zavalishin 03.12.19

Don't know where else to ask who can answer, I play on the emulator nulldc, when walking and running the camera constantly goes up and I can only see the ceiling and the sky.

R
Recruit_Main 03.12.19

Intrigued me ) will the remaster check out

A
Anderby 03.12.19

Where's the hype? What holopchiki, of russifiers waiting for?

g
grigorev74 03.12.19

Anderby
Already out!

P
Passage Many Games 03.12.19

The game is Very good I know her more with consoles I think it be on the stream Iroha Fire