3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fatum Sibir 06.12.19 02:43 am

Optimization (Unreal Tournament (2018))

How do you optimize? It seems Epic the first in the last year who are really serious about optimizing your game, with beautiful picture gives me a stable 60 fps on ultra at a pretty budget computer.

P. S. Write much eats the framerate, without it everything goes much better.
22 Comments
Sort by:
S
Steve Taller 06.12.19

downloaded from Stora epic pre-alpha version, do not know how anyone, but as for me optimize is not as such, one of the worst implementations УЕ4 today, my system is not top, but very quite, feels like a lack of CPU, the truth is the first game where I faced

M
MACROFLOWER 20.01.23

Somehow I accidentally found and downloaded a portable UT4 ​​repack updated from 2020 on the network. I went to https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content?tab=other and downloaded maps and mutators from there, which gave a lot of content, different character models, skins, the settings of which were not enough in the original. It's nice that people have created a warehouse where everything is in one place and it's not necessary, as before, to climb through different trash cans and look for who posted what where. Then I went into the game and set it up for myself. UT4 was originally created by developers who have been in their business for 10 years. The engine is quite flexibly configured and if you dance with tambourines even on weak PCs. However, as I understand it, the PC is preferably at least average, here, as it were, the bar is initially raised high, the engine is designed to show a cool realistic graphics, and nerfing the settings to a minimum in this game will lead to a dim picture. I think it's stupid to compare UT4 ​​with previous versions, it's a different game. Lighting alone in UT4, and even at a minimum, already does everything previously created, the very fact that an object in the game is covered not just with a texture, but also in a special way has lighting that often even more than a texture changes its appearance, this is generally a new level, temporal anti-aliasing, in my opinion, is a long-awaited and excellent solution from epics, not everyone appreciated the chic shading, since it is too realistic, schoolchildren who are accustomed to a bad but eye-catching picture in a fit of hate did not even notice it. The weapon is coolly balanced, I haven’t cut such frags anywhere else with a regular pistol, and the new bio is actually a masterpiece, hit the enemy 3 times but 1 time and the rest of the bubbles crawl towards the enemy and if he doesn’t get away, everything will fly into him like in a liquid terminator doesn't matter, how many new options to kill the enemy appear. Bots, by the way, are also clear, they can give you a light and you really understand that it’s your own fault because you set yourself up like a newbie. Of course, there are shortcomings in ut4, increased requirements for maps with meshes, lack of animations, lack of bells and whistles, mutators, additional settings, everything is missing a little bit, which was enough in ut3 and dofiga in ut2004. But, when you enter the game, don’t zadrachivatsya, but drive a couple of skating rinks in the evening, then it doesn’t soar in general. Although there are many maps. Ut4 is a tech-demo, but it has already been finished. a little bit of everything is missing, which was enough in ut3 and dofiga in ut2004. But, when you enter the game, don’t zadrachivatsya, but drive a couple of skating rinks in the evening, then it doesn’t soar in general. Although there are many maps. Ut4 is a tech-demo, but it has already been finished. a little bit of everything is missing, which was enough in ut3 and dofiga in ut2004. But, when you enter the game, don’t zadrachivatsya, but drive a couple of skating rinks in the evening, then it doesn’t soar in general. Although there are many maps. Ut4 is a tech-demo, but it has already been finished.
In general, you can’t even tell from YouTube videos what this game can do, there often videos are made like pro nerds playing on 20 megabyte cards with a minimum of graphics settings, an average person looking at this and thinking that the whole UT4 ​​is like that, but this is an epic mistake. Under this game, there are many maps under 500-600 megabytes each, detailed characters, skins for weapons, all this will squeeze all the juice out of your PC and the real will show you the unknown. It makes no sense to play ut3 anymore, since it is not so beautiful, you quickly get used to realistic soft shadows / light and you don’t really want to look at anything else. Ut2004, yes, it was perfect, it was, but it is outdated when you have a choice of chicdos graphic and balance (ut4) or a shit graph with shadows where you can’t see the fig in the corner and your eyes are dirty “uh, what the hell…”, and the textures are like piece yy (ut2004) then you understand that this is just an old habit ...
The poor and stupid (those who don't want to dance with tambourines, but set the settings that their calculator stupidly doesn't pull) will always sit on these forums and buzz that everything is bad. In fact, I think everything is bad in their life, not in this game.
p/s I hope Epics will play enough with their fortnite and revive the UT franchise.