3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Temnyy Alhimik 28.12.19 08:48 pm

Impressions of the game. (Painkiller: Hell & Damnation)

Perhaps, first I will speak.
With this, if I may say series, I know already two years and had time to play all the games that come out. The only addition that I haven't played the last, whose names I can't remember. And I think Paikiller and Painkiller Overdose - best in the series, but may not agree with me.

So, I played in a remake of the original Painkiller about half hour and I'll tell you: the graphics are good, although this is the least interested in me. The gameplay has kept the tradition of the original, except that some weapons were changed. And everything seems to be recognizable, but... for all the time it seemed to me that this game lacks something. Some vents, which was in the very first part. And play without drive, even a little boring.

I would put this game 7 points of 10. Yes this is the original Painkiller in the updated wrapper, but he lost what he invested developers in the first part.
36 Comments
Sort by:
l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

Dark Alchemist
And everything seems to be recognizable, but... for all the time it seemed to me that this game lacks something.
As for me (I played the game is also about 30 minutes), it lacks the good old nail file (the painkiller), that should be GG from the start.

T
Thor324 28.12.19

Will be on sawing

l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

Thor324
But according to tradition it should be at the beginning and therefore the disorder.
PS blade is the best weapon in the game!!!

c
crabCore 28.12.19

MACAVITY
this is nitpicking went, sawing and there is a fact. in the beginning it is not present, because the developers decided to demonstrate a new weapon - the soul catcher.

l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

crabCore
It's a matter of principle. That and generally don't mind))

c
crabCore 28.12.19

Now write your opinion.
So, in the original I played back in 2004, when he came out. And since I loved the game in the spirit of Serious Sam, this game really liked me too and I went through it more than once. Later came serednyakova Overdose (my opinion) and the series finally finished off the hideous Resurrection and Redemption is even more disgusting. Forgot to mention Battle out of Hell, I passed, but the experience was not as bright as the original.
Now write all the pros and cons of Hell and Damnation.
Pros: 1. Preserved atmosphere that, in principle, it is not surprising, as the team of developers The Farm 51 is composed almost entirely of natives of People Can Fly, developer of the original. 2. Music. All of it has migrated from the original, which is good, because the music in Painkiller was excellent. 3. Graphics. Of course, nothing osbenno in terms of graphics this game is not presents, but the picture is quite nice and doesn't hurt the eyes. 4. Appeared a no plot. Yes, he was in the original, but his delivery left much to be desired. Now, there is a cutscene after each level, which, oddly enough, it was interesting to watch.
Move on to the cons: 1. Bugs. They were few, but they were very conspicuous. For example, I killed a monster and wanted to collect his soul, but she wasn't going, though you burst. And so it was very often, though a trifle, but osadochek is. It happened that the dead monster was stuck in the wall or in the floor and was convulsing. Also remember when I went to collect another soul, it has not gathered, and was flying behind me the whole level, along the way, lighting my path. 2. Duration. I went through the game in 3 hours on the middle difficulty level. This is very little, after the final boss he wanted more, but... 3. Optimization. The game is built on Unreal Engine 3 and the picture here is on the level of Gears of War, but with the same level of graphics, Painkiller issue a maximum of 35 fps, while Gears of War was given me at least 60.
Well, with all its disadvantages, the game is good. Likely to be a sequel, in which I must play. Appreciated I have it on 8 out of 10 and recommend it to all those who liked the original Painkiller and just fans of the meat shooters.

l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

By the way about optimization, when you install the extension 1440h900 (I have Monique) at the bottom of the screen appear have strange artefakte (as if the pixels burned out), but when you put a smaller type of 1280x1024, then it's fine and no artifacts present.

c
crabCore 28.12.19

MACAVITY
I have the same resolution is (also Monique is), but artifacts are not present.

l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

crabCore
Clear. And what OS, and I forgot to say that I have XP SP3?

c
crabCore 28.12.19

MACAVITY
Also XP SP3. I was like in Borderlands 2, fixed by installing newer drivers. You should try it, the attempt - not torture.

l
lorem_ipsum 28.12.19

crabCore
Yes.. I long time the wood did not upgrade, thank you for reminding me))
PS by the way, Borderlands 2 is also such garbage .

c
crabCore 28.12.19

MACAVITY
But not for that :)

s
sht2ket 28.12.19

detailed textures much better than any game released in the last few years

W
WASWAS 28.12.19

And everything seems to be recognizable, but... for all the time I thought this game something not hataitai misses you at an early age code oranges were sweeter, when the bike became something awesome when the juice is brought more fun than it is now beer.....

I
Infiltrator 28.12.19

After this game,again I wanted to play the original. The graphics are not impressed, and this game is not particularly important. Of course, the bullets,the blood, the monsters in the new view looks good,but no more. The atmosphere of the game somehow disappeared.It remains only to gather secrets.
Did not like the monsters that were in other places. Moronic clowns in the Opera instead of the original Loki (like that was their name) was not the best idea. Such examples are more,but do not want to once again criticize the game, and yourself up more to spoil.
The game became more like a fun circus with the new graphics and engine,a new generation of players that will be welcomed, also those who do not want to delve into the brand,but I as a fan is to put it mildly - not very much.

M
MaLIce2k 28.12.19

The circus is not a circus... But the 30 hours it took me to find all the secrets, and they (the secrets) in PKHD I liked more, because it is not necessary zadrachivatsya bhavanani poprygushki by vertical walls.. Yes, still a lot of flaws, but if you will be developed to develop the potential, after a pair of three's DLC for this game will be very personal.

I
Infiltrator 28.12.19

Well the secrets it was always a separate issue in any Painkiller. And by the way those secrets where poprygushki was one of the best.

C
CTuKC 28.12.19

sht2ket Choate I think you're a little drive :-/

Z
ZLOBNYY IGROK 28.12.19

crabCore
serednyakova Overdose
Not when he didn't understand why all hayut Overdose ? I personally liked it very much I did not time his pereproshel, and I think that this a worthy part of the series.

P
Painkiller-Ivan 28.12.19

As for the game Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, I say

Yes, this is a remake of the original. Yes, the quality wants to leave the best, since the HD remake. But essentially, for me, the same crappy part of the beginning of Redemption. What is HD - so it's not improved graphics, just when the familiar texture of the previous installments - made crystal shell on all the buildings, weapons and monsters. In short anything and everything shiny. What's new? So it's a circular gun, by the way, great invention of weapons; and when the demon lying on the ground, and you want to finish it - take the gun from the freezer and shoot him, only body parts are split up and fly off to the side. The perfect sight to see.

I don't like this part as zombies and skeletons (a sword in a Graveyard) hit you with a sword, and can not see how to kill you while you're distracted by other things. No vibration, blood, something warning of the damage - no. I also don't like using a Circular gun using soul catcher (with the weapon as just okay), right on scary monsters to look amaze when its green laser. It loses its crystal shell (HD) and the graphics on it (on any monster) does the cell (pixel). And another point: I reached level 3 Cathedral; where to choose a meat grinder (the painkiller). Cuts fine but to release the blade, which can do radial stretching to burn enemies after, almost nothing. Juggle are unable to collect money from monsters are already dead, but still non-missing. Nightmare! I only reached level 3 - no longer played. You know what would put. For everybody.

Yes, these developers still not realized that whatever they did, making things worse and worse... But for bread making it is necessary. Here and do everything to fuck off, to get money. All.