3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 11.01.20 01:29 pm

The choice of system of cooling of processor v.2

In this topic we select the system of cooling of processors

1) to Inform the budget available.
2) Specify a link to the price list of the shop where you intend to make a purchase.
3) Specify the processor for which you purchase the cooler. Also specify whether you are planning on overclocking.

ps: flood, offtopic, and other violations will be punished in accordance with the Rules of the forum

175 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 11.01.20

-Bad Santa-
To obtain the heating of the SB-E chip you have to drive prime95 Small FFT test but not Linpack.
XTU is not shown in the main chart - TDP cores and CPU Package. Well at least PLL VTT and VCCSA can be seen in the settings.

As someone who had close acquaintance with LGA2011 and a few SB-E chips, to me these results don't say anything.

-
-SK.art- 11.01.20

DartMaul

all coolers tested in the same conditions. Based on this, it is possible to compare the difference, where it is clear that the coolers that at least a third more expensive to go to equal, and even behind the cooler.

PS: Prime or Linpack - care brand. And and - unnecessary warmers. The essence of comparison in the same testing conditions.

D
DartMaul 11.01.20

-Bad Santa-
all coolers tested in the same conditions
There is a screenshots with the results of testing of the cooler and its nearest competitor. On screen even the voltage of a percent different.

A
Andrey-543 11.01.20

you can get something cheaper ,but in the same spirit.
What about Zalman CNPS10X Performa,Zalman CNPS10X Optima as they are worse than macho?
Please respond someone, and then everything is already ordered , and the cooler is not yet selected ( .

A
Andrey-543 11.01.20

this for fx 6300 overclocking c

-
-SK.art- 11.01.20

Andrey-543

If you overclock you CPU, macho, of course, is preferable, he is 5-7 degrees sure will be more effective. Though, for overclocking the FX-6300 will fit and Performa.

A
Andrey-543 11.01.20

the fact that my body may not get macho and then I will not be able to exchange it

A
Andrey-543 11.01.20

and you can take the Optima is perfumy , it seems the difference is not very big ?

-
-SK.art- 11.01.20

Andrey-543

you can and Optima.

g
gavrila91 11.01.20

Cats, right now collect the following konfu: ASUS Z-87 Pro, Core i7 4770k, Gygabyte GTX 780 (windforce), Corsair CMY16GX3M2A2133C11
There is another conference in the casing, and two cooling systems, but the trouble is, as I can not decide what kind of ohlazhdenku to take.
The first is the Noctua NH-D14 - long established itself WITH, but the problem is that it overlaps the RAM slots (in theory), the second system - why the ubiquitous choice for all those who collects such konfu - Corsair CWCH105 - dropsy with a block and 2 propellers. With callosity never busy, but I think it worth. Percent if you drive and I will be only 200 MHz.
Tell me, what all the same will stop. If not difficult explain your advice.
Thank you all in advance!

D
DartMaul 11.01.20

On Haswell makes no sense to put powerful ahlad (unless you scalp it).
Light crappy thermal paste under the lid you all exactly will not get proper cooling. I on your place would not began to spend for ahlad such a percent over 1.5-2K RUB.

g
gavrila91 11.01.20

DartMaul
So here is the problem that Haswell bask where significantly Ivy-Bridge. Therefore probably should attend to that good, especially as Pro unlocked.

D
DartMaul 11.01.20

gavrila91
I repeat:
They bask not because the produce more heat, but because between the chip and the heat-spreading lid smeared terrible thermal paste, which does not allow to effectively dissipate heat from the crystal.
The conductivity depends on the temperature difference: bad thermal paste can take from the crystal heat in the allocated amount only when a significant difference between the temperature of the crystal and caps.

On this all who are interested in good cooling of hastelow first remove the cover, and change the paste, thereby winning around 20 degrees (which is scapuloperoneal).

g
gavrila91 11.01.20

DartMaul
well advantages it hardcore, or did not do, and how you figure the percent still costs money.

D
DartMaul 11.01.20

Well scalp cap right now no one takes, there is a more simple and reliable methods, but the risk to ruin percent certainly is.
If you do not plan on serious overclocking it to anything.

-
-SK.art- 11.01.20

gavrila91

I'd wait for the beginning of autumn will be released the processors devil's canyon, with better thermal interface (not with solder, unfortunately).
If waiting is not mogotu, then take it and jaspal. But, as wrote above, particularly steep cooler him on the drum - the acceleration will be hellish to warm up, but (!!!) - attention! - in all the warmers of the type of lynx and other crap that few people in real life use. In real applications it is unlikely 4770к will be heated above 80 C. My 4670к 4.4 GHz never warmed above 65 gr. (usually 58-60 gr.). Not counting lynx - where it is heated to 99.
It makes sense to buy a relatively inexpensive cooler its Trur Spirit 140 (with a reservation who would fit in the case), or, alternatively, instead, the Macho Rev. A.

g
gavrila91 11.01.20

-EBN-
Maybe then prompt efficient processor, which is not ashamed to call powerful and which does not suffer from problems with thermal interface?

s
saa0891 11.01.20

gavrila91

I7 2600k and the zalman cnps10x performa

-
-SK.art- 11.01.20

gavrila91
Maybe then prompt efficient processor, which is not ashamed to call powerful and which does not suffer from problems with thermal interface?

from Intel now they don't sell them. Processors based on socket 1155 and 1150 have problems with thermal interface.
And so, you for average acceleration will be enough 4670к + zalman cnps10x performa. If you got a good stone, then to 4.4 GHz overclocking. If you want more, then the processor need scalping, but this entails the loss of warranty and the risk to screw up the CPU (although you can find artists who, for a fee, skallerud processors)

D
DartMaul 11.01.20

gavrila91
4930k)
Perfectly fits this description. Under the hood, the solder, and the performance as such is not complaining.