3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gans fon Friderman 25.01.20 12:34 pm

Collectors: husky or not? (Mass Effect 2)

Generally that's the point. Mordin said that Collectors is a husky. In the first part, VI on Ilos told us that huskies after the departure of the Reapers in dark space, die without owners. In Mass Effect 3, in addition Leviathan, the remaining Collectors exempt from the influence of the Reapers and Leviathan, which starts a war against their former masters. But if the Collectors - husky, they should be dead? Or Leviathan returned them to their senses (unlikely) or simply began to control them instead of the Reapers?
22 Comments
Sort by:
M
Murgen75 25.01.20

Hans von Federman
Don't know exactly, but it seems I heard somewhere that the Collectors is converted to the Reapers Protease.

G
Gans fon Friderman 25.01.20

Murgen75
Well, Yes. On the ship Collectors, SUZIE says that the Collectors are modified Protease. Once on the Normandy, Mordin says that the Collectors, there is probably no art and soul in the bargain than they are similar to husky. An empty shell.

O
Oleg V 25.01.20

it's not husky and the other kind of servants of the reapers, on the basis of the Protheans...

M
Murgen75 25.01.20

Hans von Riderman wrote:
there is probably no art and soul in the bargain
Not likely, and definitely not. They have one task, to serve the Lord, to gather material for his needs. The fact that they are an empty shell, it's definitely, more bio, hence the lack of a soul, and everything else that separates the soul from all others.

M
Murgen75 25.01.20

Oleg
I don't know exactly, but according to my understanding, the husky is the biorobots. We just met a humanoid husky because of the people they did, but as we met other varieties of husky, though they like a different name, but it's the same husky, just made of a different race or a different species or animals.

O
Oleg V 25.01.20

Murgen75
husky your mind does not have, and collectors had...

G
Gans fon Friderman 25.01.20

Oleg
The main Collector possessed. All others are not.

M
Murgen75 25.01.20

Oleg
Hans von Riderman wrote:
This is the first.
Oleg wrote:
husky your mind does not have, and collectors had...
Geta also have minds, but that does not make them alive, in the truest sense of the word, they are robots.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

Geta are not robots, huskies are not robots and collectors too, not robots. Robots is the complete machines, non-AI, not capable of learning.
Moreover all of these reasons are not full derivatives, as discussed Saren alloy metal and flesh.
As he said himself Saren, intoxication reduces intelligence and own will. Collectors in battle of course smarter than husky. But all these and limited.
And the main collector I don't think that went much farther than Saren.
Although the Ghost, too, were drugged, although it will not say.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

Hans von Riderman wrote:
die without owners
Rather, it can be explained by the fact that the reapers don't need to support so weak infantry 10,000 years until the next cycle. Yes and no. It can detect and *burn the office*. It is easier to make a new army out immediately, as always.
Hans von Riderman wrote:
in addition, Leviathan, the remaining Collectors exempt from the influence of the Reapers and Leviathan, which starts a war against their former masters. But if the Collectors - husky, they should be dead? Or Leviathan returned them to their senses (unlikely) or simply began to control them instead of the Reapers?
Just do it is not quite canonical. It is introduced solely to explain the appearance of the collectors at the cooperative, the same collector who has the opportunity to play in the same cooperative.
Even as said one of the senior employees of bioware, the question of how the Alliance came from a friendly collector. He said that it controls the Leviathan.

O
Oleg V 25.01.20

Murgen75
it is about presence of mind, not of biological life... if the mind exists in non-living shell, then the time to talk about artificial life form...

s
saa0891 25.01.20

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Just do it is not quite canonical.
Funny,in the third part of the whole Canon leaked into the toilet and generally merged all..

M
MunchkiN 616 25.01.20

they were aldermanry and stoned the reapers
there when Shepard blows up the base, take the water kintz that Reaper is furious that the main kolekcioner didn't stop Shepard and type so disconnected from it and then come the blast and Shepard dumps.
in part 3 someone like Chet says that the Ghost is engaged in the attainment of the control of the reapers and with this perspective, people will become similar to entih Protheans-collectors for life. and the Ghost appears drugged (although he went towards Sarena, the couple there yourself implanted and therefore lost Peck will) that there is on the station of Cerberus a couple of type of record.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

saa0891 wrote:
Funny,in the third part of the whole Canon leaked into the toilet and generally merged all..
Well, don't be so rude. The game overall is not bad. I not only liked the volume. Even in ME2 side missions, of which 20 were in General comparable in size with the main missions in ME3. And sorry for the Ghost, was so hyped this character merged. Although in General it is possible to accept it. If 90 percent of the civilian will still be destroyed by the reapers, then why not turn them into woozy army? So at least die usefully. The usual logic of Cerberus.
MunchkiN 616
Yes, it was.
Though of course it is the stupefying Ghost not with Lena to the city. Why is it then resurrected Shepard? If you were drugged? That is, the reapers Shepard raised through the intoxicated Ghost? Which is then disrupted their own plans? Lacto?
This is only one explanation. The kid in the end of ME3 Shepard wanted to visit.
Including combat in ME2 harbinger yells in English keep Shepard's body if possible safe, Preserve Shepard's body alive if possible.

s
saa0891 25.01.20

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Well, don't be so rude. The game overall is not bad.
How can it be not bad when I invented this game with the catalyst which breaks everything that came before,starting from what was needed in this case, the Lord if the catalyst for all this time was sitting in the citadel and ending with the order of the reapers and the reapers themselves,the Harbinger (the scenario Karpyshyn at least the goal they were logical when they were looking for a way to stop the rapid aging of stars,not the crap that carries the catalyst in the third part) about the ending which was before DC I'm not even saying when I went through ME3 and saw the end of the ravings of a madman I couldn't believe that such a thing is possible in DC then at least showed what happened to the companions and races,having built it at least in some logical sequence,of which the Canon here is at all appropriate to talk when developed with their own hands all of it poured into the toilet.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

saa0891
I listened to the original interview with Carpinis in English. There expresses some contradictory assumptions about what kind of ending he could do, along with the rapid aging of stars was still on biotech. Also there is an article on lenta.ru about this interview and there they are listed. Most likely he made it up on the go. The ending with the stars is even less. But it does not leave room to continue. Yes, and it's not logical, if the reapers could not solve this problem millions of years, much more people also do not decide.
A Catalyst is not absolutely nonsense. There is a writer Isaac Asimov. This is who coined the term robotics and the 3 laws of robotics. One of the fathers of science fiction. All his works happen in the same Universe. It is of course also a conflict between robots and people. But of course this is not a conflict like in terminator for example. In General this whole Saga it ends with something very similar to the synthesis in ME3. But in the original they have resorted to this because of the threat from another galaxy. But the moment of the ending of ME3 was wondering what ME4 will be about the war with another galaxy. So the ending makes sense from the point of view of the genre. Although the game itself is qualitatively worse than ME2 and ME1.

s
saa0891 25.01.20

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
The ending with the stars is even less. But it does not leave room to continue.
And why would she not leave room for a continuation,you can think of a bunch of different moves and original solutions.

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Yes, and it's not logical, if the reapers could not solve this problem millions of years, much more people also do not decide.
In the first people and other races and not had to solve this problem,the reapers have sent technology races along the path of development which was necessary to them and reaping the races themselves had to find solutions,and how does that translate into a really normal ending of the trilogy it was the task of developers,in the end they flushed it all down the toilet.

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
A Catalyst is not absolutely nonsense.
What is up with Biovars namely, that the real nonsense,and this is not just about how they have substantiated the purpose of the reapers and the fact that they invented the very this game with the catalyst which breaks all that was before,I at least expect that you'll see the original course with the Harbinger and everything will be spinning around him,because he's the oldest Reaper, and in fact need to control everything,because it was emphasized throughout the trilogy.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

saa0891 wrote:
and how does that translate into a really normal ending of the trilogy it was the task of developers,
I am convinced that the original precise plan of the plot was not. I listened to an interview with drew Kartsinom. Too lazy to look. But you can quickly find the news:
https://lenta.ru/news/2013/06/20/me/

But to be honest not too much. The biotics and the reapers? Lal.
The only thing clear exactly what was planned initially is the fact that the Leviathan - the sea. This is understandable, because the Reaper is similar to shrimp. In addition hall of the Presidium of the map follows the shape of the Reaper.
There is a big misconception about what drew Karpshyn - a great friend of the mass effect series. In my opinion it is not. He did not play in the game and for him it's just work. He wrote that the shepherd he wanted to write off the Darth Revan and still in the game there are hints of it. The entire series is like heightens the mystery around Shepard, but the climax is not reached. Leviathan said, Your victory is not accidental. Why not random we did not know. If transfer of Revan for ME, it turns out that the catalyst wanted Shepard to do. Hmm.
saa0891 wrote:
about invented Biovars namely, that the real nonsense
In General, I agree. About the Harbinger just forgot.
But here, too, the reason for the General poor development of the game in ME3, not just a few missions, and story. Isaac Asimov described the collective intelligence of synthetics. This one here is a balance between one mind and a common need to understand. The game is not as described. The catalyst as a kind of personality, which represents the collective mind Asimov was.
Considering the plot it can be concluded that the reapers are not fully managed. Reaper, whom we killed on the planet in boats said that the Harbinger had told him about Shepard. Through the collectors, Harbinger requested to keep his body intact. The symptom was controlled by the reapers and resurrected Shepard. While all the other enemies that are managed by the reapers trying to kill him. Obviously among the reapers opinions differ about shepherd:
Harbinger wants Shepard the Reaper or study
- The rest of the reapers trying to kill him and restart the cycle as always
Catalyst wants to replace it himself, because he understands that protease almost defeated them, and then you need to end the cycle themselves but on their own terms.
If the restart will still be, then there is hope for a normal erection all.
saa0891 wrote:
and in fact, and need to control everything,because it was emphasized throughout the trilogy.
In the ending of failure catalyst says the voice of Harbinger.
There are many fantasies on this subject:
The catalyst is Harbinger. It is unclear why he changed his skin.
The catalyst is Harbinger. One of the theories of intoxication is correct. And his image of a boy coincides with the image of the boy in my dreams.

saa0891 wrote:
And why would she not leave room for a continuation,you can think of a bunch of different moves and original solutions.
According to the embodiment of the ending of ageing stars *good ending*: all people die to create the Reaper, who needs to solve the problem of aging stars. Other options similar to the existing ones. In fact the situation would be the same as we have now. Very different futures, each of which requires a very individual study, one game, describing all the possible options to do. And to introduce a false dilemma when the choice of the player depends on the further course of events, would be foolish.
This is the tragedy of mass effect from the very beginning it was doomed, is designed so that three more games will do. The reapers arrive and destroy everything. Victory over them is essentially impossible, it is contrary to the Laura of the game.
In my opinion, that it would be necessary to do immediately:
- Forget about the reapers even after ME1, Lord of the dead, the reapers didn't Wake up. ME1 essentially completely self-contained game. Then I could endlessly continue to rivet in a universe of ME1.
- Since the reapers somehow woke up themselves, it was possible to pull the rubber and do ME3, ME4, etc. in the spirit of ME2. About another attempt by Harbinger sth to do while the reapers did not reach. As he himself said at the end of ME2 we'll find another way.
To make a more complete and sophisticated the game ME3 later on the frostbyte engine.
What you can do now:
- To produce a restart of the game mass effect. One game with the plot of all three parts on the engine, frostbyte. Of course you need to Tinker with the unfinished mission.
- Still dare to continue, but not clear how. Canonical ending and it will not be officially said.

L
Lodurr 25.01.20

Hans von Riderman wrote:
VI on Ilos told us that huskies after the departure of the Reapers in dark space, die without owners.
Among Collectors was the owner of Predvestnik.
Hans von Riderman wrote:
Not possessed, it was controlled by Harbinger, and through him to all other Collectors.
LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Though of course it is the stupefying Ghost not with Lena to the city. Why is it then resurrected Shepard? If you were drugged?
Why is he was drugged? He became stupefied, when, in itself, implants reapers stuffed, with a base of Collectors which he is the shepherd drove in order to combat them. This is a show based on the Ghost in the third part.

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Victory over them is essentially impossible, it is contrary to the Laura of the game.
Why the contradiction? It is laid down initially, with the first part of the game, Close explain that they can not be beat. One can only try, perhaps succeed, as it did protease. Contrary it is only the human ego that is a lose-lose situation.
So many instances of carelessness and just. :)

LeopoldoMendoza wrote:
Canonical ending and it will not be officially said.
Of course. Our Opera is the ending, not the ending. Endings you watch your choice, what you chose, how many resources accumulated, as reflected in certain events. The story itself ends with Shepard during the third part. Even under this DLS Citadel released with Miranda in the lead role.. well, Schaub does no doubt, if they have someone there. However this does not apply to people who game don't understand the word at all. :)

L
LeopoldoMendoza 25.01.20

Lodurr wrote:
Not possessed, it was controlled by Harbinger, and through him to all other Collectors.
However, after a loss of control, he turned his head in the direction of the blast wave if the awareness of defeat. Besides, who was then addressed to the words of the harbinger at this point: YOU FAILD, WE FOUND ANOTHER WAY?
I believe that the main collector was someone like Sarena. That, too, could enter into possession of the Reaper. Only the main collector looks like he lived in it for thousands of years.
Lodurr wrote:
Why is he was drugged? He became stupefied, when, in itself, implants reapers stuffed
Yes. Only vpihali he had them himself for 20 years before the events of the first game.
I have at home is the official comic evolution. It the title the Main defender of humanity is not a person?. It is described as a Ghost during the first contact war fell under the influence of the device of the reapers (same as in the DLC Arrival). It's Canon and there's nothing you can do about it. By the way Javik told me that they have a beat similar to the Cerberus organization. Apparently being intoxicated Ghost and created it. But based on collectors the main thing that it was the head of the Reaper. We all know that the purpose of the reapers and create a Reaper out of people. Apparently they were planning to do. Ghost is my favorite character in the game, sad that everything is so. I hope that the Cerberus in the future in one form or another will appear.
Lodurr wrote:
Why the contradiction?
It seems there are about 40000 of the reapers. This 40,000 races tried to fight them. And civilization in mass effect is not the strongest. Protease for example have built a repeater. In many systems have not been studied and is still not open, we find their traces. Then their Empire was larger. Of course this is a reference to the Roman Empire. On the Ground, too, so dig up their camp there, where now no one builds.
The oppressive certainty of defeat in the battle with the reapers is part of the whole atmosphere of the game. If they were weaker it would be not so cool. All this is an allegory for standing against God and man. The inevitability of fate and of human faith in the possibility to change everything.
Lodurr wrote:
which the game do not understand the word at all. :)
Personal?
Lodurr wrote:
Of course. Our Opera is the ending, not the ending
However, there remains the possibility that EA will go on about the fans. In MEA they wanted to make a separate story. Failed. Now I can say: do about Shepard, that would not saxatile.
What is the fate of Shepard, the hero is to die in battle with an invincible enemy clear back to the first part. In this part of the environment of the game. It is clear and without DLC, though the DLC is good, you can say saved the game. Without them it would be sadder. But it is still worse. No open study of the planets, less is more parabotany side missions. Scored on a plot branch.