3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Euhel 01.02.20 03:25 pm

Do NOT load save (Medieval 2: Total War)

Problem: was Playing for England, remained often (different solutions lead to different consequences in the future, for a better future sometimes you need to change the past ). At one point, launched the game, load Savchik, as usual, while downloading picture with quotes, download progress is faster and returns to the main menu.
Game reinstalled the same garbage. Try again, for England to start. Save after the first turn, get out of the game, again run the game, load the save, same thing goes to the main menu. And this happens only with England, with other empires is not happening.

34 Comments
Sort by:
V
Veron 01.02.20

What panicked then?
In the folder C:/Games/Medieval II Total War/saves rename a saved game from Russian to English. Example: take the AutoSave.sav and rename it, for example, in Autosave1.sav or another set of letters. Important!
1 - write down all the overseas language, including numbers!
2 - no spaces between numbers and letters should not be!
3 - extension sav be sure to register!
in General, writing in this spirit England111.sav Scotland777.sav or Russiamatushkanasha.sav and so on... When saving the game sav is not necessary to write.

M
Merkava 01.02.20

I have the game ignores all save in addition to created-named - I don't know what the hell.

m
migor 01.02.20

I have the same thing, so in General for many pirates. I just don't use AutoSave, delete it away.
As for licences I do not know.

p
petja5 01.02.20

I had troubles with authordaniel and quick save in uskoi version. Probably would have a problem with regular saving if saved game files with the name typed in the Cyrillic alphabet. All the names can't you play you need to score exceptionally on latinnitse!

W
Watchmen 01.02.20

Vеron,thank you!

A
ArkisH122 01.02.20

Anyone have the English version of the game that saves the need of preserving it in English, in Russian it them unreadable.

V
Viktorgood 01.02.20

And I save sagrauta, but when I want to move the game crashes and error appears!

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

To Viktorgood
In mod play or vanila?

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

And I save sagrauta, but when I want to move the game crashes and error appears!
It depends on the quality of the add-ons or the game itself. There are bugs, you're not alone. Only it happens once a month of continuous play, by the way.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

To Viktorgood
It is necessary to run the game and play a quick battle once, or to load a different campaign to make it one move and load the one that crashes.

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

I say, you need more to ask about this error...
Because I have the same scheme is present in the game, only in extremely rare quantities with respect to time.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

To Heliodor
Explain your problem can help. As it happened, what to play. How it is treated, or do something shamans?

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

ShamomahS, in General, it was in the evening had nothing to do. Perhaps, I will tell all the same. I play, so I have to say - the game is pure, without obviously installed on her mods and patches, he is a bit "improved" in terms of moves and hastily flowing time also, opened all the factions, changed the start time of the campaign, not 1080, and 988 from the birth of Christ. Play for Sicily (sometimes all on different leaves), overall: 50 run, the game slows down dramatically when the turn, the sound hangs and with that comes a fatal error, the achievements of the end, respectively. It turns out this is rare, but the consequences are unpleasant.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

To Heliodor
It turns out this is rare, but the consequences are unpleasant.
The consequences is that it is impossible to continue the campaign? Or just the fact that you have to restart the game?
I have the same sometimes, too, for Sicily when I was playing. But, I start time is not changed, did one move as 0.5 years. Solution to the problem I described above.
The problem was with the faction Mauritania.

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

The consequences is that it is impossible to continue the campaign? Or just the fact that you have to restart the game?
No. The consequences are that when loading a used save, which was perfect error often crashes the game, thus had many times to achieve the "audience" to campaign and continue the game. Now removed your Medieval, leaving nothing intend to move again.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

No. The consequences are that when loading a used save, ...
Okay, I'm lucky I have such error was only once. During the save, the game crashed and went to error. The save is not loaded, was only saved by the AutoSave

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

AutoSave
By the way, Yes. AutoSave in principle, and I saved the day. Only let down was my own personal saving (that is created by thee), and sometimes the opposite happened. In General when both came out.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

From it too nobody is insured, therefore, should be stored in two files.

G
Geliodor 01.02.20

ShamomahS, began to install Medieval this again. Maybe the bug will resolve itself. Check it out.

S
ShamomahS 01.02.20

To Heliodor
No, not solved. Will still be, only the probability of occurrence can be reduced. I have all versions of met, but in some without a death save.