3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TinyPodMartiny 02.02.20 08:39 pm

Compatibility of PCI Express 2.0 and PCI Express 3.0

For the new year going to buy the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 670,because an old GF 250 GTS has not drawn many games.But there is a problem,I have a motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3 and it supports only PCI Express 2.0 and the graphics card is PCI Express 3.0.The question is,will the video card work if it to connect to my motherboard?In Google searched,say to all the rules.But I want to make sure here,maybe someone had this problem?
191 Comments
Sort by:
C
ChRoN_tm 02.02.20

Hello! After some work with google, and read there information left a couple of questions.
My system:
Motherboard: biostar ta790gxbe
Video card: GeForce 9800GT
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 6000+
I want to buy a new graphics card, and the question arose what extension to choose a graphics card. Can I have my motherboard which is a PCI 2.0 slot to put a graphics card with the PCI expansion 3.0 (GeForce GTX 650). I found a couple of articles where it was written that you can bet, but the card will not operate at full capacity. So can then put the GeForce GTX 550 Ti at PCI 2.0? Which option is better?

w
warp 37 02.02.20

No matter, all will work quite well. As for the card, better buy a Radeon HD 7770, the 650 is much better th stump.

Y
Ya Betmen 02.02.20

I read somewhere that the productivity gains from built-in 3.0 compared to 2.0 squalid 0.28%!!!!!!!

C
ChRoN_tm 02.02.20

warp 37
And if you choose from giraffes which version did better? GTX 650 or GTX 550 Ti?

C
ChRoN_tm 02.02.20

Manhunt1908
Here I have the interest me and are wondering...

w
warp 37 02.02.20

GTX 650 and GTX 550Ti have similar level of performance, somewhere better than the first, second, but, in General, the difference is negligible. But still, it's an unwise decision when there are more powerful red solution for the same price.

C
ChRoN_tm 02.02.20

warp 37
Thank you...the characteristics it I also liked, just feared that such an interface will not work at full capacity on my motherboard.

C
ChRoN_tm 02.02.20

warp 37
Not much of radika, but we'll see tests.

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

In November 2010, the organization PCI-SIG, which deals with the standardization of PCI Express technology, announced the adoption of the PCIe Base specification 3.0.
The key difference from the previous two versions of PCIe can be considered a modified coding scheme - now instead of 8 bits of useful information from the transmitted 10-bit (8b/10b), the bus can transfer 128 bits of useful information from 130 bits sent, i.e., the ratio of the payload has almost reached 100%. In addition, increased data transfer rate to 8 GT/s. Recall that this value is for PCIe 1.x was 2.5 GT/s and PCIe 2.x - 5 GT/s.
All of the above changes resulted in doubling the bus bandwidth compared to PCIe 2 bus.x. This means that the total bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 in the configuration 16x will reach 32 GB/s. the First processors that will feature a PCIe 3.0 controller will be the Intel processors based on the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture.
PCI Express 3.0 maintains backward compatibility with previous versions of PCIe. What a mess,here are the differences from PCIe 2 to PCIe 3/

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908
Who told you that?
In November 2010, the organization PCI-SIG, which deals with the standardization of PCI Express technology, announced the adoption of the PCIe Base specification 3.0.
The key difference from the previous two versions of PCIe can be considered a modified coding scheme - now instead of 8 bits of useful information from the transmitted 10-bit (8b/10b), the bus can transfer 128 bits of useful information from 130 bits sent, i.e., the ratio of the payload has almost reached 100%. In addition, increased data transfer rate to 8 GT/s. Recall that this value is for PCIe 1.x was 2.5 GT/s and PCIe 2.x - 5 GT/s.
All of the above changes resulted in doubling the bus bandwidth compared to PCIe 2 bus.x. This means that the total bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 in the configuration 16x will reach 32 GB/s. the First processors that will feature a PCIe 3.0 controller will be the Intel processors based on the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture.
PCI Express 3.0 maintains backward compatibility with previous versions of PCIe. Proven,the increase is impressive and not any of 0.28%.The growth visible and osusky, many times published previousiy you!

Y
Ya Betmen 02.02.20

Rewers v.01

http://dpk.itc.ua/content/35308

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908 the example of his Radeon HD 2х7850,I initially only changed the motherboard to ASUS MAXIMUS V FORMULA 3 Butterfield worked in General ,but often had a subscription for this game at maximum settings,when you replace the motherboard.and it supports PCIe 3.0,the crashes disappeared,analgina the problem was the others.installed ASUS P8Z77 V PRO INTEL Z77 the result is the same,the missions stopped,I percent of i5,I don't know 7 not visible growth,but in my sluagh growth on the face,and the problem disappeared,I in the intricacies of the tests did not penetrate,although your link looking,thanks for the interesting stuff.

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908 also found an interesting article will be interesting to see tp://www.compress.EN/Article.aspx?id=22860

Y
Ya Betmen 02.02.20

Thanks, something new learned. In principle, the last sentence somehow confirms that I'm a little bit right

Support motherboard new PCI Express v.3.0 actually it is not a competitive advantage

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908
Another interesting thing,look at their test equipment!!!! Many and is not close to what they test,almost all the maximum,it is not surprising that the increase is not large,the physical extension and so the roof,and umudryayutsya squeeze extra interest.

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908 Support motherboard new PCI Express v.3.0 actually it is not a competitive advantage we basically poluchaetsya that in PCI Express 3.0, really no real advantage is speed in modern games it will not increase. it is not who is not necessary and not interesting,there is no growth,so sucks,but besides the gaming features PCI Express v.3.0,it also has other functions,in particular USB 3.0 is directly dependent on funkciey motherboard with support for PCI Express v.3.0,because they themselves say that, Well, the computer has two or four USB 3.0 ports, by today's standards, is necessary,3.0 is much faster 2.0 is a tested in practice.It does not say a motherboard with PCI Express v.3.0 need,a lot of the newest technologies that is bound to this standard.vryatli someone will refuse to have on Board your motherboard so solidy the list below!
SupremeFX IV
Perfect sound
This motherboard boasts high-quality audio integrated sound card SupremeFX IV, marked on the PCB with a special line. Capacious capacitors and electromagnetic shielding contribute to the high quality of sound. In addition, in the SupremeFX IV is a dedicated headphone amplifier.

GameFirst II
Function on the basis of the GameFirst II with cFos Traffic Shaping technology will help to establish the priority use of the Internet channel by different applications. Received highest priority, online games will work as quickly as possible, without annoying "lag" and other online applications having a low priority to the use of the Internet channel will not obstruct them. To access this feature there is convenient graphical interface in the style of ROG.

Controller Gigabit Ethernet
Intel's are known for their stable and efficient operation at low load on the CPU.

The mPCIe Combo adapter and controller Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.0
To save the main expansion slots this motherboard is equipped with a special additional slot, an mPCIe Combo adapter, which can connect the device with interfaces mSATA SSD (e.g., SSD) and mPCIe (wireless adapters Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, GPS, etc.). And in the included mPCIe card with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0.

Cooling system Thermo Fusion
The cooling elements of the power system on this motherboard uses a special cooler ROG Fusion Thermo, which consists of a copper water block, massive radiators and heat pipes. Thus, it can be used as part of liquid cooling and conventional cooling, using fans. > Learn more
ROG Connect

Interface for overclocking and setting ROG Connect
By using ROG Connect you can track the status of your computer and adjust its parameters in real-time using notebook, by connecting the latter to the main system via a USB cable.

Extreme Engine Digi+ II
High-efficiency digital power system
Control system design elements Extreme Engine Digi+ II combines high-efficiency operation due to the variable frequency pulse width modulation of digital voltage regulators for the processor and memory. It also uses high quality Japanese capacitors manufacturers. Reliable and powerful power supply system – the key to the successful operation of the computer in OC mode!

ROG CPU-Z
The new face of the famous utilities
ROG CPU-Z is a customized version of popular information utilities from CPUID. It provides the same functionality and precision issued by the data system as the original, but has a unique interface in the style of Republic of Gamers. With the help of ROG CPU-Z to get complete information about the processor and some other components of your computer.

Multi-GPU technology
LucidLogix Virtu MVP
High speed graphics applications
Technology LucidLogix Virtu MVP is a software for Windows 7, GPRS tracing automatic switching between built-in graphics core and a discrete graphics card. Due to the transfer of a discrete graphics card in sleep mode during those times when it resources are not needed, energy saving, reduced noise level from the computer and decreases the temperature inside the system unit, which contributes to a more favorable mode of operation of all components. In addition, you can use the integrated graphics core to accelerate the main card, which allows you to increase productivity by 60% (according to the test results in 3DMark Vantage). It is also worth noting that this technology is fully compatible with the function of fast video transcoding, Intel Quick Sync 2.0.

Y
Ya Betmen 02.02.20

In short I conclude this will do: 3.0 almost every modern motherboard, but to sense from it is not much, the developers of the Mat. boards fool the players and the link which you threw the proof. It remains to wait for the Next Depot and then the interface will work as it should and its bandwidth is 32 GB/sec (x16) really work as it should

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908
The article is that the old note in her writing---when the new Ivy Bridge processors ---these processors is not the first,at me such costs.here's the catch!

Y
Ya Betmen 02.02.20

Rewers v.01

Well, it turns out with the same processor as ChRoN_tm or anything good will not leave, then I'm wrong.

R
Rewers v.01 02.02.20

Manhunt1908
What percent ChRoN_tm ?